• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Black_Shade

General
94 Badges
Jun 11, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Ancient Space
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • King Arthur II
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
It's been over 50 years since I conquered Barcelona. It's culture has long turned to my native one, but after 100 years of non-stop inquisition mission by my priest advisors, the province is still muslim. There has to be another way to do this... because I'm getting close to the 100 year mark and the province still hasn't flipped. Anyone have any useful alternatives?

Not really, but if someone else is the count or duke in charge they may have their own people try to convert it also.

I feel your pain. It's been about 150 years since I conquered Iceland, and Austisland is still Catholic.

I wanna see the giant word NORSE in the top corner of the map.

I think your vassals will convert, i gave Jerusalem and its starting to turn catholic even though I've been doing cultural advancement at my capital.

Aye, I tend to give counties in need of conversion to a vassal and let them handle it. Not always (gotta keep my own demesne up, after all), but frequently. They're more than happy to commit their Court Chaplain's time to converting regions they control or have a vassal who controls. Heck, it goes incredibly quick if you have a Count with a Duke above him, both of em' will send their Chaplain to work on converting the county.

Yeah, it can be very hard to convert provinces, I'd usually just give such provinces to vassals, and it really speeds up the process even if you're not particularly lucky. After all you shouldn't keep a freshly conquered foreign religion province in your demesne because it's worthless. However 100 years seems a bit high.

I always found no way for conversion when the moral authority of Catholocism is above 70%. I had to lower the authority by saving/loading with other reigns and appointing a couple of antipopes and saving again, then I eventually converted the region to Norse.

I usually just give the provinces to vassals. That way you can convert the entire Baltic in >100 years since counts and dukes both use their inquistors to convert.

I always found no way for conversion when the moral authority of Catholocism is above 70%. I had to lower the authority by saving/loading with other reigns and appointing a couple of antipopes and saving again, then I eventually converted the region to Norse.

They still convert, just not a huge chance of it. Catholicism in my Norse game has hovered in the 90s for the most part, and now all of Scandinavia, Ireland, and bits and pieces of Pomerania, Lithuania, and Scotland have learned the glory of Thor. It's just difficult to get them to convert.

I usually luck out and end up with a high teen (18+) Chaplain, and when I conquer a Muslim country I am quick on the draw to deploy him... but my Dukes always have a better time converting their provinces than my Chaplain.

In the time it takes for an appointed Inquisition to convert a province, I'll get two or three random pop-ups indicating that my Dukes have already done the job elsewhere. Honestly, I think the whole RNG of the game is out of whack, because my Councilors SUCK, despite their high stats.

I usually luck out and end up with a high teen (18+) Chaplain, and when I conquer a Muslim country I am quick on the draw to deploy him... but my Dukes always have a better time converting their provinces than my Chaplain.

In the time it takes for an appointed Inquisition to convert a province, I'll get two or three random pop-ups indicating that my Dukes have already done the job elsewhere. Honestly, I think the whole RNG of the game is out of whack, because my Councilors SUCK, despite their high stats.

I think that what you are seeing is actually a sort of stacking type effect from multiple chaplains. If a count, duke and you all put your chaplain in the same province, that is 3 chances to convert every month. That will significantly decrease the time to conversion. If you have your chaplain in your own demesne, that means that there is only 1 person working to convert, so it will take longer.

I think that what you are seeing is actually a sort of stacking type effect from multiple chaplains. If a count, duke and you all put your chaplain in the same province, that is 3 chances to convert every month. That will significantly decrease the time to conversion. If you have your chaplain in your own demesne, that means that there is only 1 person working to convert, so it will take longer.

It seems to be exactly like this. And this also, might be the answer to the 100 years no conversion problem. If a barony/city/whatever in the subject county belongs to a ruler of another confession... your Chaplain may be preaching to the mullah, or a shaman... Tough case, I'd gather...

What's the key to becoming pagan? I've been trying to figure out how to become Norse myself, but find it difficult. I don't think I can marry pagans, and they all seem to turn into Catholics too quickly to gain any kind of political power.

EDIT: this was meant for "comradebot". Forgot to use quote..

What's the key to becoming pagan? I've been trying to figure out how to become Norse myself, but find it difficult. I don't think I can marry pagans, and they all seem to turn into Catholics too quickly to gain any kind of political power.

Have your heir schooled by a pagan.

Marry one with the gregarious and/or diligent traits. Have them educate your heir. Employ pagans as vassals and councillors if you can. You can swear fealty to a pagan yourself, and then use the "convert to liege's culture" ambition. After that you can declare independence at the appropriate time or eat the realm from within.

It's been over 50 years since I conquered Barcelona. It's culture has long turned to my native one, but after 100 years of non-stop inquisition mission by my priest advisors, the province is still muslim. There has to be another way to do this... because I'm getting close to the 100 year mark and the province still hasn't flipped. Anyone have any useful alternatives?

Whats the moral authority of the catholic church in your game?

Whats the moral authority of the catholic church in your game?

Currently it is 100. Not sure if that is good or bad, this is my first game.

I'd rather not give Barcelona to a vassal because it has 5 holdings. If I give the dutchy to a liege, will he convert the province even if he doesn't control the county directly? I gave the dutchy of Portucale away but I haven't seen any of my underlings do any converting in that area yet (also getting close to 100 years for that region).

Currently it is 100. Not sure if that is good or bad, this is my first game.

I'd rather not give Barcelona to a vassal because it has 5 holdings. If I give the dutchy to a liege, will he convert the province even if he doesn't control the county directly? I gave the dutchy of Portucale away but I haven't seen any of my underlings do any converting in that area yet (also getting close to 100 years for that region).

100% Moral Authority is great for converting. So that is not the problem. What is your court chaplain's learning stat as I believe that is the basis for religion converting?

Its possible it takes 100 years, that is extremely unlucky but totally possible, Usually takes me somewhere between 20-50 years I would guess. I would assign a new chaplain and send the new back to Barcelona.

100% Moral Authority is great for converting. So that is not the problem. What is your court chaplain's learning stat as I believe that is the basis for religion converting?

Its possible it takes 100 years, that is extremely unlucky but totally possible, Usually takes me somewhere between 20-50 years I would guess. I would assign a new chaplain and send the new back to Barcelona.

My chaplains learning skill is 26, and the combination of my ruler/wife/chaplain have my kings learning skill at 44.