Closed Thread

Thread: History files all screwed up?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

History files all screwed up?

Year 1080- Byzantine emperor has no wife (Maria was her name I think?)

<oops strike one for me- was confused> but other problems are:

Robert Guiscard has no daughter Helena (Olympias of Apulia, renamed Helena)

His daughter Emma has 4 (history says 2 or 3) kids, NONE of whom have fathers?? (History says ONE father...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odo_the_Good_Marquis)

What gives? So many of the people involved in much of the intrigue required for the Comnenos are missing from or very WRONGLY put into the game.

Is it MY history file that is screwed or could someone confirm what I am seeing.
    Last edited by Dearmad; 02-05-2012 at 04:34.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Alot of people have only one parent for some dumb reason. I'd rather have randomly generated parents than none at all.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I hadn't noticed that. Ok. That mystery is cleared up then, and that was the one that bothered me the most though I have to admit.

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Report specific history file errors in the bug forum and they may well get fixed.
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

Ordnung muß sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Dearmad View Post
    Year 1080- Byzantine emperor has no wife (Maria was her name I think?)

<oops strike one for me- was confused> but other problems are:

Robert Guiscard has no daughter Helena (Olympias of Apulia, renamed Helena)

His daughter Emma has 4 (history says 2 or 3) kids, NONE of whom have fathers?? (History says ONE father...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odo_the_Good_Marquis)

What gives? So many of the people involved in much of the intrigue required for the Comnenos are missing from or very WRONGLY put into the game.

Is it MY history file that is screwed or could someone confirm what I am seeing.
    Wow talking about overreacting. You miss 3 people (who didn't hold any in-game title) out of the +20,000 that are in the game and you say that 'everything is screwed up, with the files.

If you consider these bugs then report them in the bug-forum.

And when you report them make sure that you have sources to back your claims, just Wiki is not enough. f.e. this site gives 4 children to Emma d'Hauteville
    Last edited by Veldmaarschalk; 02-05-2012 at 14:29.

Ordnung muß sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by ilikepie View Post
    Alot of people have only one parent for some dumb reason. I'd rather have randomly generated parents than none at all.
    This is WAD, historical characters of who both parents (or one parent) are/is unknown have no parents or just one. They won't get 'placeholder' parents.

Closed Thread