• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not sure if coincidence, but when trying to play as a Russian orthodox founder of a dynasty in Ireland I did not get claims forged for over a hundred years (and then I quit). This is highly unusual. Makes me think it's DLC related.

Edit: the chancellors I used all had beyond 20 diplomacy.

a lot of people are complaining about this DLC, but it's really made my games more fun. Sure there are a lot of things that they can fix, but as is it really enhances gameplay
The point that some people are missing is that we were effectively lied to. I'd like to think unintentionally, but that's what happened. We were told, prior to release, that we'd be able to edit historical characters - as someone pointed out, there was even a video from Paradox shown editing the stats of William the Conqueror. Many people bought the DLC on this basis, but the product we were given wasn't the product we were sold on. If there was a problem of some kind with the DLC which forced them to scale back some of the design features (temporarily, I hope) then fine, but as long as they'd passed this info onto us. But I personally haven't seen any comment as to why we seemed to have been lied to. I have hopes that the DLC will be updated though; it's just as matter of when.

my problem is they STILL don't explain themselves via official channels or here on the forum!

It was a very bait and switch marketing plan with the DLC, I just hope not intentionally. I like Paradox games a lot, but what the DLC was marketed as and what it actually are are very different things. Has any devs made any comments about that? I think they should. I would like to think they had every intention of making it an editor, but changed it for some reason.

The point that some people are missing is that we were effectively lied to. I'd like to think unintentionally, but that's what happened. We were told, prior to release, that we'd be able to edit historical characters - as someone pointed out, there was even a video from Paradox shown editing the stats of William the Conqueror. Many people bought the DLC on this basis, but the product we were given wasn't the product we were sold on. If there was a problem of some kind with the DLC which forced them to scale back some of the design features (temporarily, I hope) then fine, but as long as they'd passed this info onto us. But I personally haven't seen any comment as to why we seemed to have been lied to. I have hopes that the DLC will be updated though; it's just as matter of when.