+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Demo Difficulty Level

Arkansas ******* Prussian Prince's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Demo Difficulty Level

What is the Demo's difficulty level? Is it played on Normal?
    Beta Tester HOI 3, EUII, & Civil War 2

Whilst I don't know the answer to this, but it might not be comparable to a level in the release game (if that's why you are wondering) due to this AI patch: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4214-New-Patch

Arkansas ******* Prussian Prince's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thanks! I was just asking as it appears to be easy if it is set to Normal level.
    Beta Tester HOI 3, EUII, & Civil War 2

I have played 4 games with the demo but no other versions of Warlock so I don't have anything to compare to, but it's either easy or normal, leaning towards easy I think. I say that based on the rate of expansion of the other grand mages - there seems to be only benefit to building more cities, however areas around the AI players remains unsettled for a long time. The tactical AI seems very good however, the many neutral creatures are aggressive and also retreat in a sensible way a lot of the time. I've only seen a little bit of war with the AI but it was enough to see them attack with groups of units and be prepared to mass retreat to preserve them when the tide turns. What I saw there was good so far.

I have really enjoyed the demo, it's more replayable than some full games and I am all preordered up now!

Initially I thought it is "easy". Now, after I have won it, I think it is most likely "normal".

MagickaMajesty 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

I guess the demo is played on "easy" !
    Reason maybe:

- itīs the tutorial; tutorials are always played on the easiest level
    - the AI donīt do much except for the roaming monsters, therefore assuming it must be easy level

Yeah, but usually in tutorials on easy levels Liches do not cast multiply Firestorms on the player, do not send hordes of veteran skeletons against the player, do not have more wizard traits than the player's wizard, and do not expand both military and peacefully like rats.

Demo is Normal difficulty.

Thanks. But could you answer one more little question? Do we have limited building and spell-research trees in demo? Just once I had no spell to choose for one of paths, seemed like it was finished.

You cannot research all spells in 50 turns that is for sure. Additionaly, you may have not found god spells. Each God have a number of spells that are available only for his followers.

+ Reply to Thread