• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Palandiell

Captain
41 Badges
Jun 16, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
need to free a lord from an enemy. and since you cant ransom for some weird reason, you gotta defeat the elite guards with a staff. I know about setting the fire in the town nearby, but there are still 4 guys and the prison guard who kills me with 3-4 hits. how can I complete this quest? dont have the army and time to siege him so I dont know what to do

You only need to kill the prison guard with the staff (although incidentally, you also have throwing knives). In fact, any other guards will come back to life when you exit the cell again, so don't bother with them. As soon as you kill the guard you can go into the prison and unlock the prisoner. When you leave back into the courtyard you'll be equipped with your normal equipment. I'm not sure I want to know where you were hiding it :blink:

I found out a couple of days ago that ransoming wasn't implemented, when I was having other issues with the quest.

Don't you have the option of asking the captured lord to fight alongside you when your spring them from jail?

You do, but since he's claiming he only has a staff I'm guessing he's not up to that part. Depending on the layout of the castle and the type of guards, it may not be in your best interest to get him to help anyway.

Well... just fight them like you would fight at the start of a regular game. kiting them into a line so you only face 1 at a time and seeing as you are probably better at fighting that at the start this should be easy. They are generally mediocre troops when you try to sneak into the castle so they generally lack head protection, aim for that
You have throwing knives. use them. Doesn't matter what pt you have, a head shot is a head shot, just wait for them to lower their guard to attack you and then throw knife