Thread: free lords close to impossible?

free lords close to impossible?

need to free a lord from an enemy. and since you cant ransom for some weird reason, you gotta defeat the elite guards with a staff. I know about setting the fire in the town nearby, but there are still 4 guys and the prison guard who kills me with 3-4 hits. how can I complete this quest? dont have the army and time to siege him so I dont know what to do
    "Rommel, where are your tanks?"
    "12 Kilometers from Paris, Sir."
    "Dammit Rommel, the war hasn't even started!"

You only need to kill the prison guard with the staff (although incidentally, you also have throwing knives). In fact, any other guards will come back to life when you exit the cell again, so don't bother with them. As soon as you kill the guard you can go into the prison and unlock the prisoner. When you leave back into the courtyard you'll be equipped with your normal equipment. I'm not sure I want to know where you were hiding it

I found out a couple of days ago that ransoming wasn't implemented, when I was having other issues with the quest.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine an episode of Mr. Bean—forever.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Don't you have the option of asking the captured lord to fight alongside you when your spring them from jail?

Quote Originally Posted by minispace View Post
    Don't you have the option of asking the captured lord to fight alongside you when your spring them from jail?
    You do, but since he's claiming he only has a staff I'm guessing he's not up to that part. Depending on the layout of the castle and the type of guards, it may not be in your best interest to get him to help anyway.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine an episode of Mr. Bean—forever.

Well... just fight them like you would fight at the start of a regular game. kiting them into a line so you only face 1 at a time and seeing as you are probably better at fighting that at the start this should be easy. They are generally mediocre troops when you try to sneak into the castle so they generally lack head protection, aim for that
    You have throwing knives. use them. Doesn't matter what pt you have, a head shot is a head shot, just wait for them to lower their guard to attack you and then throw knife

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    Rojen head-shots are not always 1 hit kill.
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.