+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Yogscast Video

The Yogscast Video

Just watched this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_zXO...layer_embedded

I think it really does look amazing. I love mounted combat with this new (compared to M&B) lancing.

But please: could you let some experienced M&B player play this once and record it? It's really hard to tell how good the game is by watching total noobs ^^

There are minor things I still dislike about this alpha which are hopefully subject to change:
    1. shiny effects when you hit someone and blood spilling. Make it more subtle, please.
    2. Still heavy breathe animations.

I know it's still the same alpha we saw for a couple of weeks. Just wanted to mention it.

Now these vids are cool and all, but they don't show anything really seeing as they can barely even swing their weapons and the things they say are already known to most of us. As you said, someone who's actually experienced in M&B should be getting a hands-on to actually show something of the game to us experienced Warbanders.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteKing Arthur IIMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses

HenK you are right. As we can see in the WTF-Gameplay, if an "veteran" m&b player get his hands on this,its getting to be a big, interesting and more realistic fight (necer saw an villager on an heavy horse^^ if you know what I mean)

By the way, I saw an incredible thing.
    Look at the WTF-Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnNrH...=youtube_gdata) at 09:02 (the horse that get killed and the rider)
    Tahn have a look on the video above... at 04:49.
    I think you guys get it?^^
    Last edited by NIN3; 01-05-2012 at 15:00.
    regards NIN3

"Don´t read my boring signature, go out and meet your freinds ^^."

"Noch sitzt ihr da oben, ihr feigen Gestalten – vom Feinde bezahlt, dem Volke zum Spott!

Doch einst wird wieder Gerechtigkeit walten – dann richtet das Volk, dann gnade euch Gott!" Theodor Körner [sry but its german]

Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses

Quote Originally Posted by NIN3 View Post
    HenK you are right. As we can see in the WTF-Gameplay, if an "veteran" m&b player get his hands on this,its getting to be a big, interesting and more realistic fight (necer saw an villager on an heavy horse^^ if you know what I mean)

By the way, I saw an incredible thing.
    Look at the WTF-Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnNrH...=youtube_gdata) at 09:02 (the horse that get killed and the rider)
    Tahn have a look on the video above... at 04:49.
    I think you guys get it?^^
    Yeah, a veteran warband player would be perfect.
    Like one of those guys that played it since beta and normal M&B before that. (*cough* I'm one of these *cough*)

@The incredible thing

Well, they were at the same press event, playing at the same time, on the same server.
    While it's amusing to watch game reporters kill each other, it's not rare to see the same thing happen in 2 videos from a different perspective at events like these, especially not under these circumstances.
    - What can change the nature of a man?

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    This video was great - not as good as TotalBiscuit's but still great! Better look at mounted combat this time and I'm rather impressed. Keep em' coming.
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

Nice preview, but one of those previewers has a hell of a scary laugh.
    "In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane." Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Orchid101 View Post
    Nice preview, but one of those previewers has a hell of a scary laugh.
    And an odd sense of humor...

Apologies if these have already been asked/answered but I've got a couple questions after seeing this video.

1. Does he really kill him instantly with the lance early on (no execution) wasn't aware that was possible. Is it simply a glitch and if not what are the parameters for killing someone instantly? Actually it seems to happen at a few points in the video.
    2. Are you able to expand at all on how the bleeding works? Are you basically going down no matter what or is there a way to prevent it?

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spillar View Post
    Apologies if these have already been asked/answered but I've got a couple questions after seeing this video.

1. Does he really kill him instantly with the lance early on (no execution) wasn't aware that was possible. Is it simply a glitch and if not what are the parameters for killing someone instantly? Actually it seems to happen at a few points in the video.
    2. Are you able to expand at all on how the bleeding works? Are you basically going down no matter what or is there a way to prevent it?
    1. Yes, couched lance kills instantly (as it should). I think I saw the damage being in the hundreds when it hit.

2.1. In which way would you like bleeding expanded? As far as I know it's rather simple - you get hit and blood explodes from that area
    2.2. You are going down if you get hit above your health limit yes - and strait away if you are lanced or headshotted. Also blunt damage weapons will send you down in one hit most of the time but you get back up again.
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

I am Dave! Yognau(gh)t!

Ahem, but yeah I would be pretty frustrated as a knight to have my direct lance strike do anything -but- kill instantly, it'd be pretty inconvienient in-game to have to circle around to finish off someone you just impaled.

Remember the lance breaks after use in the videos. If you then have a small weapon your at a disadvantage, harder to hit with from horseback. Nice balance I would say.

+ Reply to Thread