• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Favourite AAR of 2011

• Sudden Carnage

Votes: 38 40,0%
  • The Great Patriotic War

Votes: 23 24,2%
  • Kneel before Zog

Votes: 13 13,7%
  • Teutonic Dreams

Votes: 9 9,5%
  • Hitler's Gamble

Votes: 12 12,6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With still almost two weeks left to vote this edition of the Iron HeAARt is already wildly more popular then last year's. 80 votes already, as opposed to 57 total last year! While first and second place seem quite certain it's still not too late to cast a vote to decide the battle for third place, bring one of them close to second maybe? Of course helping to close the gap between second and first or helping Sudden Carnage to win with more then half of all votes is also excellent. It's all up to you!

May be you could consider to disable the "show result" thingie for the next vote? People might be discouraged when other forum members cast their votes and also announce it in this thread.

May be you could consider to disable the "show result" thingie for the next vote? People might be discouraged when other forum members cast their votes and also announce it in this thread.

it might, but its also a case of wanting this to be as transparent as we can.

Anyway, with just over a week left, this is a great opportunity to drive the number of votes over 100 ... which would be quite an impressive achievement

And the second Iron HeAARt goes to a clear winner ...

congrats Cpt Easy and colleagues for Sudden Carnage.

The Great Patriotic War was second, with Kneel before Zog third.

Just to restate my own view, any completed AAR is worthy of respect, it is a lot of work and it takes some dedication to keep it going to a logical end point.

I'd also like to thank the 95 people who bothered to vote ... that is a record (as far as I know).

Cpt Easy and opponents: lots of congratulations with winning this years edition of the Iron HeAARt! Of course also many congratulations for the other writAARs who's AAR made it to the voting stage and to all people who managed to finish an AAR, it is no small feat!

Congratulations, Capt. Easy! Great work.

And Congratulations Loki for your VERY respectable showing for the Great Patriotic War! You definitely earned a medal, and silver isn't bad. :)

Congratulations, Eqqman, for 3rd! And TheBromgrev and Slan also -- two of my favorites, and great showcases for the HPP mod!

And Loki is right -- just to FINISH an AAR is pretty impressive (I've finished 2 I think, out of several).

And thanks to all those who have voted! Let's break this record next time around.

Rensslaer

Wow. Awesome news! This is a great price. Gonna cast it in metal and hang it among my other military medals :) But serilously - thank you all who voted on Sudden Carnage. It really warms my heart. I hope and believe that the Carnage Group (don't remeber which reader named us that :)) will continue to deliver MP-AARs to your liking.

Cheers,

I would like to congratulate to CptEasy for his new award and also thank everyone who voted on Hitler's Gamble, and also everyone who voted on any of the nominees! :)

P.s.: @Rensslaer: Hitler's Gamble has nothing to do with the HPP mod, but you are not the first one to assume it does :) I have no idea why you would think they are related :rolleyes:
Fun fact: my Victoria and Europa Universalis 3 AARs don't use the mod either :p