13 13.68%
  • Teutonic Dreams

9 9.47%
  • Hitler's Gamble

12 12.63%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Iron HeAARt 2011 Voting Thread

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

Just to bump this back up as voting has rather tapered off after the early surge for 'Sudden Carnage'
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    62 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

With still almost two weeks left to vote this edition of the Iron HeAARt is already wildly more popular then last year's. 80 votes already, as opposed to 57 total last year! While first and second place seem quite certain it's still not too late to cast a vote to decide the battle for third place, bring one of them close to second maybe? Of course helping to close the gap between second and first or helping Sudden Carnage to win with more then half of all votes is also excellent. It's all up to you!

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    May be you could consider to disable the "show result" thingie for the next vote? People might be discouraged when other forum members cast their votes and also announce it in this thread.

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    May be you could consider to disable the "show result" thingie for the next vote? People might be discouraged when other forum members cast their votes and also announce it in this thread.
    it might, but its also a case of wanting this to be as transparent as we can.

Anyway, with just over a week left, this is a great opportunity to drive the number of votes over 100 ... which would be quite an impressive achievement

so, just a few voting days left, looks as if Sudden Carnage has won at a canter (well at an early gallop), tie for third place which could yet be resolved and the chance to take the total number of votes over 100 ...

Without a doubt, Kneel Before Zog!

Because, at the end of the day, this is still a game.

And the second Iron HeAARt goes to a clear winner ...

congrats Cpt Easy and colleagues for Sudden Carnage.

The Great Patriotic War was second, with Kneel before Zog third.

Just to restate my own view, any completed AAR is worthy of respect, it is a lot of work and it takes some dedication to keep it going to a logical end point.

I'd also like to thank the 95 people who bothered to vote ... that is a record (as far as I know).

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    62 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Cpt Easy and opponents: lots of congratulations with winning this years edition of the Iron HeAARt! Of course also many congratulations for the other writAARs who's AAR made it to the voting stage and to all people who managed to finish an AAR, it is no small feat!

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Congratulations, Capt. Easy! Great work.

And Congratulations Loki for your VERY respectable showing for the Great Patriotic War! You definitely earned a medal, and silver isn't bad.

Congratulations, Eqqman, for 3rd! And TheBromgrev and Slan also -- two of my favorites, and great showcases for the HPP mod!

And Loki is right -- just to FINISH an AAR is pretty impressive (I've finished 2 I think, out of several).

And thanks to all those who have voted! Let's break this record next time around.

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    it might, but its also a case of wanting this to be as transparent as we can.
    I doubt there'll be much argument since it's meant to make things more interesting for all participants.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

Wow. Awesome news! This is a great price. Gonna cast it in metal and hang it among my other military medals But serilously - thank you all who voted on Sudden Carnage. It really warms my heart. I hope and believe that the Carnage Group (don't remeber which reader named us that ) will continue to deliver MP-AARs to your liking.

Cheers,

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

I would like to congratulate to CptEasy for his new award and also thank everyone who voted on Hitler's Gamble, and also everyone who voted on any of the nominees!

P.s.: @Rensslaer: Hitler's Gamble has nothing to do with the HPP mod, but you are not the first one to assume it does I have no idea why you would think they are related
    Fun fact: my Victoria and Europa Universalis 3 AARs don't use the mod either
    Sir NeoCore Slan, OLIR, beta of FtM, appointed judge of Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest, Fan of the Week (22-11-2011) and I also play HoItCG.
    The Historical Plausibility Project 1.0.4 for HoI3, 2.0 for HoI3 - Semper Fi and 2.7 for FtM

My latest work from my Ink Well (which is post #200 in the Ink Well thread):
    Hitler's gamble - An alternative German Strategy (Vanilla HoI3 - Semper Fi 2.03c) finished
    Ten Reasons why Europa Universalis III is the worst game EVER (Vanilla EU3 - Divine Wind) finished
    The New Adventures of the United Nations... in Space - A Space Empires V AAR canceled after Season I

"Always write things on the forums that you’d be happy for your mom to read." - Fredrik Wester

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2