13 13.68%
  • Teutonic Dreams

9 9.47%
  • Hitler's Gamble

12 12.63%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Iron HeAARt 2011 Voting Thread

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Iron HeAARt 2011 Voting Thread

2011 Iron HeAARt Voting

So from the nominations we have:

Sudden Carnage (MP) by CptEasy
    The Great Patriotic War by loki100
    Kneel Before Zog! 1936 Albania by Eqqman
    Teutonic Dreams: A 1936 Germany HPP AAR by TheBromgrev
    Hitler's Gamble by Slan

Voting will close on 31 May 2012, so please vote for your favourite and as before leave comments in the thread if you want to (which is a nice form of feedback to all the various authaars).

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Still lending my support to The Great Patriotic War, very well written AAR IMO and worthy of the title, although Zog and Teutonic Dreams were also very close in my mind.
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sudden Carnage (MP) by CptEasy
    MEIOU cookie From Gigau.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    It's Teutonic Dreams for me!

Cities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Kneel before Zog, because of it's awesomeness..

Hard choice, but I think that Sudden Carnage deserves the award the most. It's one of the best AARs I have ever read and it's a MP one, so it's very intense .

NOP-field present Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    57 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    ImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

It looks like it might become an entertaining edition if yesterday sets the trend for the rest of the month!

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

I vote for Sudden-Carnage-A-CptEasy-multiplayer-AAR

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

I vote vor Sudden Carnage

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I've now read through 3 of these (This is my second time reading Great Patriotic War and it holds up even with a large number of broken pics), two more to go and I'll be casting my vote...It is going to be tough picking just one!

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

My two favorites are Great Patriotic War and Teutonic Dreams. I voted for TD, but it was close.

Renss
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Very tough choice as I didn't see the option for "all of the above", I had to give my vote to Captain and his group of banditos in Sudden Carnage.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

I voted Hitler's Gamble

BTW, Loki100, thanks for mentioning me in the new AARlander
    HPP LibrAARian. PM me about any change in the status of your HPP AARs. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Update-Thread
    Germany Tutorial, Take Two: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post13243122 or find it in the Major Threads sticky.
    Tutorial AAR in pdf form available on Gamefront, courtesy of Davy: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22231...ged+colors.rar
    Honoured by USKnight for the above tutorial here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14404907
    AARlander reporter

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

just to bump this back up, since the surge of early voting it seems to have gone a bit quiet.

Hopefully that is just as people are reading and catching up?

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

I plugged it with a link in my HOI 3 AARs. Might help to get the word out.
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    just to bump this back up, since the surge of early voting it seems to have gone a bit quiet.

Hopefully that is just as people are reading and catching up?
    Due to the current blowout from Sudden Carnage, maybe people may feel further voting is unnecessary and are discouraged.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by eqqman View Post
    Due to the current blowout from Sudden Carnage, maybe people may feel further voting is unnecessary and are discouraged.
    I hope not! Being on the list at all is already a huge honour and every single vote makes me feel great, regardless of the final outcome and I'm pretty sure the other authAARs feel the same!

Oh, yeah, and I voted on Teutonic Dreams (and I was the very first to vote, yay me).
    Sir NeoCore Slan, OLIR, beta of FtM, appointed judge of Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest, Fan of the Week (22-11-2011) and I also play HoItCG.
    The Historical Plausibility Project 1.0.4 for HoI3, 2.0 for HoI3 - Semper Fi and 2.7 for FtM

My latest work from my Ink Well (which is post #200 in the Ink Well thread):
    Hitler's gamble - An alternative German Strategy (Vanilla HoI3 - Semper Fi 2.03c) finished
    Ten Reasons why Europa Universalis III is the worst game EVER (Vanilla EU3 - Divine Wind) finished
    The New Adventures of the United Nations... in Space - A Space Empires V AAR canceled after Season I

"Always write things on the forums that you’d be happy for your mom to read." - Fredrik Wester

Quote Originally Posted by Slan View Post
    Oh, yeah, and I voted on Teutonic Dreams (and I was the very first to vote, yay me).
    Hmmm... Then you were not the 7th vote which just appeared. So someone else is pushing for it also!

I read over some of Sudden Carnage, and I've read parts before. There is definitely quality there. I won't slight it so. But I do think yours and TheBromgrev's (and Loki's) are of supreme quality, such that they all deserve to be in the running. My personal preference runs away from multiple posters updating an AAR -- I just get so confused by the competing styles, and the lack of coordination between authors sometimes means it's hard to figure out just what's going on.

Renss

I agree with Slan, the nomination in itself is a big accomplishment.

I still think that Sudden Carnage is the best AAR out of the ones presented here, even though it's not an easy choice. Carnage group AARs are always the ones which I check as soon as I notice that they are updated. In other cases I can put the AAR on my to-do list, but in case of CptEasy's MP AARs - not really .

Unfortunately I missed out on first round but at least I didnt have to make the hard choices required in that vote.

I have only read three of the five but I will have to go with the epic, The Great Patriotic War by loki100.

Best of luck to all contenders.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast