• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Favourite AAR of 2011

• Sudden Carnage

Votes: 38 40,0%
  • The Great Patriotic War

Votes: 23 24,2%
  • Kneel before Zog

Votes: 13 13,7%
  • Teutonic Dreams

Votes: 9 9,5%
  • Hitler's Gamble

Votes: 12 12,6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

loki100

Field Marshal
22 Badges
Jul 1, 2008
  • Rome Gold
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
2011 Iron HeAARt Voting
IronCroosforIronHeAARtthread.jpg

So from the nominations we have:

Sudden Carnage (MP) by CptEasy
The Great Patriotic War by loki100
Kneel Before Zog! 1936 Albania by Eqqman
Teutonic Dreams: A 1936 Germany HPP AAR by TheBromgrev
Hitler's Gamble by Slan

Voting will close on 31 May 2012, so please vote for your favourite and as before leave comments in the thread if you want to (which is a nice form of feedback to all the various authaars).​

Still lending my support to The Great Patriotic War, very well written AAR IMO and worthy of the title, although Zog and Teutonic Dreams were also very close in my mind. :)

It looks like it might become an entertaining edition if yesterday sets the trend for the rest of the month!

I've now read through 3 of these (This is my second time reading Great Patriotic War and it holds up even with a large number of broken pics), two more to go and I'll be casting my vote...It is going to be tough picking just one!

My two favorites are Great Patriotic War and Teutonic Dreams. I voted for TD, but it was close.

Renss

Very tough choice as I didn't see the option for "all of the above", I had to give my vote to Captain and his group of banditos in Sudden Carnage.

I voted Hitler's Gamble

BTW, Loki100, thanks for mentioning me in the new AARlander

I plugged it with a link in my HOI 3 AARs. Might help to get the word out.

just to bump this back up, since the surge of early voting it seems to have gone a bit quiet.

Hopefully that is just as people are reading and catching up? ;)

Due to the current blowout from Sudden Carnage, maybe people may feel further voting is unnecessary and are discouraged.

Due to the current blowout from Sudden Carnage, maybe people may feel further voting is unnecessary and are discouraged.

I hope not! Being on the list at all is already a huge honour and every single vote makes me feel great, regardless of the final outcome and I'm pretty sure the other authAARs feel the same! :)

Oh, yeah, and I voted on Teutonic Dreams (and I was the very first to vote, yay me).

Oh, yeah, and I voted on Teutonic Dreams (and I was the very first to vote, yay me).

Hmmm... Then you were not the 7th vote which just appeared. So someone else is pushing for it also!

I read over some of Sudden Carnage, and I've read parts before. There is definitely quality there. I won't slight it so. But I do think yours and TheBromgrev's (and Loki's) are of supreme quality, such that they all deserve to be in the running. My personal preference runs away from multiple posters updating an AAR -- I just get so confused by the competing styles, and the lack of coordination between authors sometimes means it's hard to figure out just what's going on.

Renss

I agree with Slan, the nomination in itself is a big accomplishment.

I still think that Sudden Carnage is the best AAR out of the ones presented here, even though it's not an easy choice. Carnage group AARs are always the ones which I check as soon as I notice that they are updated. In other cases I can put the AAR on my to-do list, but in case of CptEasy's MP AARs - not really :).