• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Qorten

Crazy Cat Person. Meow!
121 Badges
Feb 10, 2007
  • Cities in Motion
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
VictAARian Cross Nominations Thread for the Best Completed AAR of 2011.

We're just over one third of 2012 so it's time to get the very first Victoria 2 edition of the VictAARian Cross of the ground! You can now nominate one AAR you think deserves the VictAARian Cross for Best Completed V2 AAR of 2011. The five AARs with the most nominations will go on to the voting round. To nominate an AAR, simply post "I nominate AAR X", preferably bolded and you are of course more then welcome to share with us why you like AAR X over all the others. Nominations close at midnight CEST on the 31st of May. The next day a Voting thread will be opened with a poll containing the five (or more in case of one or more ties) nominated AARs.

The EUIII OscAARs are also accepting nominations here.

Last edited:
ummh, this is hard. In different ways Rensslaer and Avindian's taught me the potential of V2, Selzro's prose poem was an act of sustained genius, but I'd like to nominate Thunderhawk3's Ambition. I found it utterly engaging and despite being prose heavy and image light, just so easy to read and follow, plus it had a natural and logical structure.

I'd like to nominate Sing a Septinsular Song; That was a great piece of genius, turning an AAR into poetry. In addition, I have to admire what Selzro managed to do with such a tiny nation as the Ionian Islands, not only surviving but expanding into an empire.

I also have to nominate Selzro's absolutely brilliant Sing a Septinsular Song, which changed the way I think about AARs.

I hope you are all just rereading the AARs listed and the silence here isn't because you are all a bit shy? ;)

I was slightly caught off guard by this. :eek:o I might easily nominate Tunis Delende Est off the bat, but I should read the others first, just to be sure. :) Hold that nomination, just a day or two...

(I was also surprised to see at least one of my favorite AARs didn't apparently get finished in 2011, and another I had in mind was finished in 2010, so...)

Rensslaer

I nominate I am Siam.

That makes so far, with a third of the nomination time behind us, 2 votes each for the following three AARs and none for the other six:

- Ambition
- Sing a Septinsular Song
- I Am Siam

Okay, though I believe most or all of the other completed AARs from 2011 deserve to be nominated, I think it would be an absolute tragedy if Tunis Delenda Est were not among the nominees. Therefore, I so nominate it!

I mean, in the first 20 years playing Tunis (TUNIS!!!), Selzro has survived war with half of Europe and has also managed to kill 2 French ambassadors (his ally, no less!). lol

And from there, it's just a rollicking good time. Anybody who hasn't read this should, as it's certainly a worthy rival to I Am Siam, and I tend to agree with CaptRobau that Tunis Delenda Est is actually a greater accomplishment in the end.

Re-reading it just reinforced to me how entertaining a read it was.

Rensslaer

You should have posted about this to the main forum. :) And yes, Tunis was quite a ride, would my 2nd choice, probably.

I nominate The Great War: 1914 It helped introduce me to the forum, and kick-started an interest to read other AAR's in the future.

P.S. I still hope the converter get's finished and enigmamcmxc is able to convert the AAR into HOI3

Hi Hank,

Thanks for the nomination and comments! Sorry, I did start a V2 follow-up but after some computer problems i lost my save game file. Sadly there will not be a HOI3 spin off of with that Austria-Hungary. With hopefully a lot of free time just on the horizon for me, i think i will give it a go of recreating what happened. It would be nice to see how the 1930/40s play out with a different empire dominating central Europe.

I'll nominate Siam. A truly impressive achievement with a minor!

That makes at about halfway through the time for nominating:

3 nominations I Am Siam

2 nominations Ambition
2 nominations Sing a Septinsular Song

1 nomination Tunis Delenda Est
1 nomination The Great War: 1914

If the nominations were to end right now these five AARs would go to the voting thread.

I'll go with Sing a Septinsular Song, a great blend of tough gameplay (I mean, the Ionian Islands...) and inventiveness, and really, you can't go wrong with an AAR that features a pacifist fascist priest.

I would like to vote for Tunis Delenda Est