• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Palandiell

Captain
41 Badges
Jun 16, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
whenever I go to them and tell them I admire them all i get is -2 and non interesting good by messages. how do I change this??

The best thing is to dedicate a tournament. That gives a few points, so even if you lose 2 when declaring your admiration you're still in the positive and she'll initiate the invites for you to court her.

Otherwise it depends on her personality. Some favor holdings like a castle or town, some like high renown, some like high honor.
If the father introduces his daughter you're practically ensured that she'll be favorable to you.

Before you start courting them pretty much the only thing you can do is dedicate tournaments to them. Each tournament after the first is +1. The first can be +4(most common), +8 and +2(IIRC). (If they are in a city with a feast the tournament will restart after you've fought in it, after a period of several hours permitting you to fight in several tournaments per day.) Alternatively you can release them without ransom when you capture their castle as an independent monarch, or this might also work if you are currently running the claimant quest. But this only give +1 per time, so don't bother unless you were planning on doing it anyway.

If the father introduces his daughter you're practically ensured that she'll be favorable to you.

I never knew that, thanks.

Most aren't interested in seeing some nobody and require the kind of approaches the others have given, but some will react positively to you declaring your admiration right off the bat. Before declaring your admiration, ask them to tell you more about themself. If they finish with "Now, if you'll excuse me..." it's a not-so-subtle hint they're not interested. If they instead say something like "Can I help you with anything else?", they'll react positively.

how do you dedicate a tournament victory to a lady?

also: are there certain ladies taht you would recommend marrying or not marrying?

After winning a tournament, go to the feast at the same city and talk to one of the ladies. You'll only be able to use that dialogue option once per tournament win, as far as I'm aware.

I'm pretty sure that personality is randomly generated between games, so you'll need to find a local minstrel/skald etc to find out who has what if that's what you're after. Certain personalities are more likely to accept you than others - I had zero difficulty with one who liked to hunt and ride. Other than that, you should probably look for someone whose father you're on good terms with, and who isn't being courted by someone else. Unless you've already got high renown the father won't let you see her if someone better is courting you, but otherwise it's not too hard to get permission.

I must confess that the name plays a role when I'm considering it too, as some names just don't sound right.