Thread: Maple Leaves - Cannot Advance in game

Maple Leaves - Cannot Advance in game

Hey all,

I've started playing today.

As of right now I understand there is no way to harvest maple leaves since the trees are bugged.

But the problem is 2 out of 3 items on the Inspirationals list that help you learn other stuff require Maple Leaves.

How am I supposed to get advanced in the game if I don't get this basic ingredient?

I have learnt Survival Skills, Nuts & Shells and Foraging but can't advance more, please assist.

Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis IV

The Leaves are a rare Item as every tree gives 2 leaves and not more. They dont grow again.
    So the only way to get the leaves is to walk away from boston to a place where no one harvested the leaves so far.

I live about 1.5 hours away from Boston and i can harvest and inventory full of leaves within minutes. And here are other people but only a few and not a few hundret. So just walk far away to solve your problem.

I have a leanto in a place full of leaves, and can get you some to boston if you want ^^ PM me your heart secret.

i don't think the trees are bugged just out of leaves. you just need to go further away till you find trees with leaves (it might be quite far indeed)

Quote Originally Posted by Syrul View Post
    Hey all,

I've started playing today.

As of right now I understand there is no way to harvest maple leaves since the trees are bugged.

But the problem is 2 out of 3 items on the Inspirationals list that help you learn other stuff require Maple Leaves.

How am I supposed to get advanced in the game if I don't get this basic ingredient?

I have learnt Survival Skills, Nuts & Shells and Foraging but can't advance more, please assist.
    I am assuming that you started prior to the introduction of the "Childish Things" skill. It gives access to three curiosities which are easy to craft and through them you can get early "Sparks & Embers" and Hammer & Nail.

One option would be to create a 2nd character and in the creation map you can learn "Childish Things" for free. Then your main character gathers stuff, which your 2nd can craft.

As long as you go far enough from town you will find tons of maple leaves.

I'm not sure what the deal is with maple leaves. I definitely saw a dev in irc state that they're fine and just a 48 hour respawn (which seems to make sense because I found a large amount of maple leaves in an area not too far from Boston a couple days after beta opened), while many others are convinced they're bugged to not respawn.

Thing is, they're not required by any means to progress in the game. There are many study items you can find by walking around or collecting common items such as grass (smooth stones, chestnuts, seashells, honeydew, old logs, new world gourds, etc) to get up to Indian Tracking. Then you can start collecting arrowheads and feathers to pay a guide which will give you a high chance of being placed in an area with maple leaves available.

find a forest, study chestnuts

Quote Originally Posted by sabinati View Post
    find a forest, study chestnuts
    Chestnuts = the only inspirational you ever need
    Split-rail fencing: the greatest thing since sliced bread