Do GDR get an event like the Wehrmacht event?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Please calm down, all of you. No need to get aggressive. :)
I think you're talking about different things: Panzergruppe is probably talking about the idea of a Communist Germany in total, not that it should not be able to intervene in the SCW in particular.

What kind of a reply is that?

He's basing his argument on the fact that the Nazi power won an extreme amount of support, which allowed them to take power. The same prerequsites just weren't there for a communist victory in Germany in 1933.

EDIT: Directed at Rommelstein, not you AC.

I think you're talking about different things: Panzergruppe is probably talking about the idea of a Communist Germany in total, not that it should not be able to intervene in the SCW in particular.

Precisely.

Well the thread is about the event, so it would be natural for me to think that it's regarding that especially when he's quoting me... I'm not aggressive at all, just want to sort it out. :)

What kind of a reply is that?

He's basing his argument on the fact that the Nazi power won an extreme amount of support, which allowed them to take power. The same prerequsites just weren't there for a communist victory in Germany in 1933.

EDIT: Directed at Rommelstein, not you AC.

The thread isn't about that though - I was asking if they get an event and if a Communist Germany in 1933 is realistic or not actually has nothing to do with the question..

But that was plausible! A communist Germany is as bat sh!t crazy as a royalist Soviet Union. And when it comes to mods, their sole purpose is to discover crazy ideas, but the main scenario should use plausible events.

Well, I did expand on my arguments in this post. No matter, though. But seeing as a communist Germany is neither plausible nor possible in the real time line, the question whether they also should have an event for this or that is strictly academic.

Well, I did expand on my arguments in this post. No matter, though. But seeing as a communist Germany is neither plausible nor possible in the real time line, the question whether they also should have an event for this or that is strictly academic.

There was not one single post though where you actually wrote something regarding the original question of the thread. But I'm not trying to be aggressive, it's good that you're coming with your point of view of course! :)

Namaste

It dosent bother me that you can go comie on with Germany in 1933 its not very historical even that the communist was strong the conservative would never given in to the communists without a war. They believed they could hire Hitler because they saw some sign of decline in NSDAPs momentum.

If we could have the event describing that Hitler dies and that Germany been taken over by a coup, but we must not mix a Germany with communist leaders to the DDR in this event.

Ketiel could also be on the communist side

The Communists had far less support than the Nazis.

Not amongst the general population where the communists where at least as popular as the right-wing nationalists. It was the support of the 'powerful and wealthy' that secured power for the Nazis.

Not amongst the general population where the communists where at least as popular as the right-wing nationalists. It was the support of the 'powerful and wealthy' that secured power for the Nazis.

Really? Show me proof of atleast one rally that gathered as much supporters as one of the Nazi's rallies.

In the election of 1933, NSDAP got roughly 45 % of the seats in the German parliament, whereas the KPD (the communist party) got around 12,5 %. If the communists were "at least as popular", I guess their voters stayed home :).

/D

The radical left was dead at that point in Germany, and it had been since the center and the right allied in the 1920's, and the Freikorps put em down.

Well, technically the SPD was the first to ally with the Freikorps against the communists and the KPD was doing quite well even in 1932. The party organisation did even survive the Nazi takeover to some degree. It is, of course, unrealistic to think they could have seized power as late as 1933 without a massive civil war, but I see the event as being a retroactive "What if the communists had won over the workers from 1930 onwards and took over after a small-scale civil war".

A full-scale alternate history with more realistic choices would be cool, but the 1933 scenario is basically a standard historical game with this one alternate history event to give some additional options. Arguably there should be more options like a military dictatorship, a presidential dictatorship or a return to the monarchy. A communist takeover is certainly less plausible the former two, but there wouldn't be that much of a difference between fascism, monarchy and other forms of dictatorship to justify the effort of scripting them.

As for the original point of the thread, I think that there really shouldn't be an event that gives you free divisions either as Nazi Germany or Communist Germany. I'd rather see an event that shortens the build times for all infantry divisions and gives extra manpower until 1939. This would have to be balanced so that you could either build a roughly historical OOB or try other strategies. It would also simulate the fact that the Weimar Republic had an army with an insanely high proportion of officers and non-commissioned officers rather nicely.

TBH I don't see the point of implementing the option of turning Germany into a communist state with one click of a button if it isn't adequately fleshed out. This path should have its own events and offer different gameplay experiences and the AI should be adapted to it. Otherwise, it's pretty pointless. If the game is balanced with Nazi Germany in mind, then Communist Germany can only screw things up balance-wise.

I mean, seriously, you cannot elect the left/the right HOi2-style and you can turn Germany into a communist state with a simple click? Where is logic in that?

1933 as a whole seems to be work in the process (German-French balance and such), I'm guessing communism route was added as the last thing.
I'm definitely hoping it will be expanded. Also, I'm hoping for introduction of democratic Germany/Business plot routes from the mods section. Whole scenario has so much potential for AH it would be a shame not to use it.

Maybe even a GCW event chain if you choose poorly (on purpose :p)
Each state would declared independence and have a choice between leftist, moderate and right, and then an alignment choice (so like social liberal sliders or leninist). And then they would make power blocs and fight each other and it would be awesome and awesome and awesome.

Of course it would have to be a mod, but it would still be awesome!

Maybe even a GCW event chain if you choose poorly (on purpose :p)
Each state would declared independence and have a choice between leftist, moderate and right, and then an alignment choice (so like social liberal sliders or leninist). And then they would make power blocs and fight each other and it would be awesome and awesome and awesome.

Of course it would have to be a mod, but it would still be awesome!

That would be quite interesting.