Thread: characters in your party

characters in your party

is it a good idea to have a few characters in your party? tried a few but lost em when I got captured by enemies and see raiders.

do you use em to specialize in certain areas where you dont want to invest or what are they good for? and you need to equip em. the food they still eat from YOUR OWN inventory right?
    "Rommel, where are your tanks?"
    "12 Kilometers from Paris, Sir."
    "Dammit Rommel, the war hasn't even started!"

They're pretty useful. For starters, not having to worry about putting points in skills like tracking or engineering lets you focus more on combat. Or vice versa, I guess. The fact they can only get wounded means you don't have to worry about protecting them as much, unless their skills are crucial to you right now. Getting to equip them yourself is more or less a good thing. Once you get a city of your own you're rolling in so much money that you can afford it. Before then you can pick up enough cash here and there for them to be respectable.
    v = {sx mod n : n,s∈N, n≥3, s<n, x∈Zn*, x≥y ∀y∈Zn*, sx mod n ≠ s}
    No no no no no
    No no no no no no no
    No no no no ...yes?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Companions are extremely useful. Once you have 8 companions that are leveled up you have yourself a small army.

It's very useful to have 2 or 3 companions that are INT focused and will take care of the party skills. I have one medic (surgery, first aid and wound treatment), one ranger (pathfinding, spotting and tracking) and one tactician (Tactics and Engineer).
    Also it's worth giving them all some training since that skill stacks. You'll be able to turn recruits into high tier troops in a few days.
    We can accept God becoming man to save man. But not man becoming God to save himself.
    -Vernon Linwood Howard

k. are the certain companions you would recommend more than others? and since my income is still quite limited to a town that was looted 3 times, would you recommend only having one or two right now fro ranger and medic reasons?
    "Rommel, where are your tanks?"
    "12 Kilometers from Paris, Sir."
    "Dammit Rommel, the war hasn't even started!"

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    Companions start off at a low level - so you can customise them all you want as far as I know. I don't think specific companions have specific traits that make too much difference.
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Jeremus has some good starting Medic skills, Deshavi has some good ranger skills.
    Just know that some characters can't stad eachother, so this will limit who you can keep.

The wiki has the full details on who starts with what skill and who likes who.
    We can accept God becoming man to save man. But not man becoming God to save himself.
    -Vernon Linwood Howard

Probably more important than what skills everyone starts out with is who likes who. Now you can have a party with whoever you like but you have to watch moral carefully. It is much easier to simply recruit people who like each other or simply don't care about each other.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%2...mpanion_Builds

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,36781.0.html

Also, you might want to get backups in areas you really care about, or a secondary medic, engineer, trainer etc. If your primary is wounded IIRC they don't provide their skills to help you.