Thread: town charter?

Private

Question town charter?

hi , with a town charter can i make a town that is a safe haven with no pvp , like bostin ?

Quote Originally Posted by sumfool View Post
    hi , with a town charter can i make a town that is a safe haven with no pvp , like bostin ?
    No but there are ways to help make it safe.

What is the difference between a players claim with a huge plot, and a town?
    Does the town come with any advantages?

Quote Originally Posted by Serotriptomine View Post
    Does the town come with any advantages?
    I'm not sure. My village hasn't used resources for one yet because we don't really see a reason to without traveling atm. I'm not sure how town claims work. I'm guessing it might be a cheaper way to claim large ammounts of land then spreading out a personal claim across the map like many people do in hnh.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by Dallane View Post
    No but there are ways to help make it safe.
    how would i go about making it safe plz?

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Dallane View Post
    I'm not sure. My village hasn't used resources for one yet because we don't really see a reason to without traveling atm. I'm not sure how town claims work. I'm guessing it might be a cheaper way to claim large ammounts of land then spreading out a personal claim across the map like many people do in hnh.
    I'm not sure. I've not made a personal claim that large yet so can't really tell you if there's a cost advantage one way or the other. Over time, the town bell needs to be fed silver to maintain its protection status. Otherwise, they function like they do in HnH. The one thing to note is that being a member of a town doesn't give you a homestead. You need that separately if you want to travel between your home and Boston. The one big advantage is that it provides communal buildings without someone needing to constantly keep their buddy and claim markers updated with permissions.

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

Build fences, use locks on containers, look into building braziers as an offline defense. I'm sure there's other things I'm not mentioning and not thinking off off the top of my head.

This isn't hnh but ideas for security are very easily brought over from there. Check this thread and a couple others in the same forum. They will give you a little bit of a understanding of the paranoia you should have of random people.
    http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/...php?f=2&t=7116

With this game def have a personal claim and a fence inside it. If you are online you can repair a fence faster then people can break them and be able to call back your fighters to defend the village or annoy them enough they leave for a bit.

Houses are fairly useless but you can use it with a fence to break combat and log out inside to save your character and items you can carry.

Make friends and have everyone understand the current combat system.

Remember that you can terraform the land and many settlements IRL were built with large mounts of dirt around them.

Private

thanks guys , im reading that h&h forum page , i am definatly a no lifer (like mentioned in the forum article ) since i play this game every minute i am awake constantly doing what i can and always out gathering and skilling

Magic man, what do you mean its "protection status" ?

thanks guys , im reading that h&h forum page , i am definatly a no lifer (like mentioned in the forum article ) since i play this game every minute i am awake constantly doing what i can and always out gathering and skilling
    lol good to hear. No matter what happens out there just learn from it and move on. Everyone has at some point been killed and their stuff jacked.

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Serotriptomine View Post
    Magic man, what do you mean its "protection status" ?
    1. Prevents item decay

2. Provides ownership markers so that if people attempt to commit crimes, appropriate actions are taken by the game (aggressor becomes flagged hostile, humors start draining, defensive measures activate).

The one advantage of a village claim over a shared personal one, is the quite convenient village chat.
    If your group at this point instead chooses to rely on an outside chat engine, you might as well just stick to the huge shared personal claim.
    Well, with a village claim, you can also distribute some limited roles to the villagers, like who are allowed to invite new village members.
    To achieve this functionality with a peronal claim, you either need to have a very active owner, or claim the plot with a shared pw account.