Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skill Tree [work in progress]

Skill Tree [work in progress]

So, while I'm waiting for skills to study, I've decided to make a quick skill tree, so that it's easier to see each skills prerequisites and how to get to a certain skills. I plan on making it interactive, where each skill is clickable that leads to the salemwiki.

Let me know if there's interest in this, and I will continue to work on it until it's finished:

Link to full size image

Good job
    "When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realized, the Lord doesn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked Him to forgive me."

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

If other posts on the forum are any indication, there's tons of interest. Keep up the work!!

Note: some skills have multiple dependencies, so you'll need to account for that in your tree.

great work man keep it up!

This is great! A bit large and it might be difficult to translate into the client in this form, but you said it was a WIP, so it's forgiveable. Again, awesome work.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

If possible, can you add the skillpoint requirement for every skill?
    If you want to always be right,
    you need to always be prepared to change your mind.

amazing work, keep it up!

look great

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by siis View Post
    If possible, can you add the skillpoint requirement for every skill?
    This work?

Quote Originally Posted by cioclod View Post
    I plan on making it interactive, where each skill is clickable that leads to the salemwiki.

If things get too complex, you might want to look into some of the project schedule tools that support auto-formating of multiple dependencies and data displays. I imagine there are some freeware/trial versions that might do the trick.

Sometime it'll have lot of skills, and the image will get bigger and heavy to load.

Second Lieutenant
    A Game of DwarvesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneImpire
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

just a heads up, I started this project but gave up really because there are skills that require 2, 3 sometimes 4 different skills as pre-req's

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

thank you, i have been looking for a tree
    ATLANTIS, The land of LINCOLN!!
    Labashthemighty <---- Heartless advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by marksteele View Post
    just a heads up, I started this project but gave up really because there are skills that require 2, 3 sometimes 4 different skills as pre-req's
    You could make it where if you hover your mouse on it, it will list all the prerequisites and just put it where the main skill is to unlock it.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

If you want to always be right,
    you need to always be prepared to change your mind.

I made myself a skill tree list with MS Words and I have to say that (like the post above me regarding HnH's skilltree) you will run out of space.

I advise to forget about Survival Skills: it is the first and non-optional skill of the game, everyone will get it. And make 2 separate skilltree, one under "Foraging" and one under "Self-Defense".
    There are enough skills on both sides to fill that page you already made up and about Colonial Tradesmanship, there are only a few skills under that one, so you can merge it into either one of the 2 where you have space available. I put mine under the "Foraging" side.

Good luck and it is very well done so far, just that there is no way you can fit everything there is in there (not to include future skills implemented).

ooh, shiny lookin'

keep it up

seems nice for now but i bet later on it will be REALLY messy and confusing :P it's just the skill tree is so complicated

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast