• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(425201)

Colonel
3 Badges
Dec 19, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
I've decided to do an experiment: an AAR. WARNING: I am not nearly as good at this game as a lot of you guys are.
So let's get started.
Chapter 1: The Rise of Satavahana
I am playing Vsemirna Vlast, the successor to AirotciV, or Steppe Wolf, known for its scope: you can play any nation from 11 AD (previously 5 AD) all the way to 2010 AD. I decided to play from the very beginning in this AAR (but if this one goes well and if I can I plan on many of these AARs from, hopefully, many different time periods.) There are three obvious choices in the start: Rome, Parthia and Han China. But I won't be playing any of them. Instead, I will be playing a nation called Satavahana, in India. Hopefully we will convert this nation from a mid-sized nation in India to the greatest superpower the world has ever known (again, if I can.)
z5zki.jpg

Clearly, we have some exploring to do (but luckily an event will soon pop up discovering all of Asia for us.)
I change my slider one step toward centralization and a pretender rises (you can't see it, but 7 regiments rose up in a province called Hyderabad.)
30iumts.png

Then we get the event I was talking about
qowvf8.png

I offer a neighboring Indian nation an alliance, which they accept.
scbdw1.png

I then get another event, discovering a few more provinces (I didn't show you it though, as it is very time consuming to upload an image.)
As you can see, me and the rest of my tech group, the Indian Tech Group, are way ahead of the others
2cp8f0y.png

That didn't take long...
2cqzbqs.png

Just a sec... I'm wondering if the images still show when they are off the computer.
Okay. Good, they do. Now let's get to where we left off.
The rebellion is crushed (but, again, I won't show the battle screen.)
I build a fleet, and find out I only have the tech for triremes (transports.)
COT page on the ledger: unfortunately, the richest CsoT are out of my range, but most of them are completely empty.
28hoscm.png

I can also convert to virtually any other religion, but again, I won't show that here.
Sakas, my ally calls me into a war against other Indian nations (that don't border me.) I happily accept, as this is a good opportunity to gain trust among my allies and other nations.
2mi2rn9.png

I showed this because I find it humorous:
dpg1ky.png

I try getting some royal marriages for disputed successions. Han China is, obviously, a particular target:
2z3s8kl.png

This happens a lot. This country does have a lot of colonies though, so they are hard to maintain:
migjef.png

I ready my armies to declare war on a small neighbor to the south. They are protected by a larger power to the east who has no allies.
uq9tg.png

I think that'll end Chapter 1 of this AAR. Stay tuned for Chapter 2 when it comes!

Last edited:
Oh man. So many nations I don't know! Also, watch out for the blue tide!
What image uploader do you use? Imgur is pretty good for uploading images. You should try that if you don't already use it.

Hope to see more soon!

Oh man. So many nations I don't know! Also, watch out for the blue tide!
What image uploader do you use? Imgur is pretty good for uploading images. You should try that if you don't already use it.

Hope to see more soon!
TinyPic, simply because its the first result that popped up in Google:unsure:. I think maybe if I empty the recycling bin the images may disappear, so I won't do that.

Sorry guys, it looks like I didn't DOW them after last screenshot, but trust me the DOW will come. I still had to prepare my armies afterwards (I think I also wanted to wait to use a spy to get a core to get Reconquest, another new feature in the mod, but it failed both times, so I said I may as well just get on with it.)

Chapter 2- The war

I go to religious mapmode out of curiosity. Here it is:
xl0286.png

Kasmir offers me WP, which I accept (there is no need to fight over there)
2yzhiz9.png

I get an event "improvments in production tech" which (one option) gives me .5 inflation, but almost 150,000 ducats in production tech!:blink:
Persia declares war on Parthia (probably not the best idea at this point!)
I offer an alliance with Tibet (a maybe) which they reject.
I wasn't watching my budget there for a while, and had to take a loan.
2wef4p0.png

Two Korean countries were fighting, one of them tribal, and a tribal province defected. Yes, a new feature in this mod is that lands from any tribal gov't's lands can be colonized (however they can engage in normal diplomacy and peace negotiation.)
Yamato and Emishi, the two Japanese nations go at it. Emishi, the north, is winning.
I manage to get 5 merchants in Isfahan, a COT in Parthia.
I offer Tibet another alliance which they reject.
I complete a mission to create an army for our nation
30rxhkg.png

I see how I'm doing with army size amoung nations, and I'm actually doing pretty well (another thing-somehow no one has tech for cav:blink:.)
34io8li.png

(Also, but I didn't show it, but Kalinga, the DoF for Hinduism, has a mere 7,000.)
I also didn't declare war on the southern people (sorry.) I was waiting, one to get my army together (I guess I didn't at the time of the screenshot last time which showed me DOWing them.
My units' fire and shock values are abbysmal.
15i713m.png

I now introduce you to another new feature of the mod: new espionage options. I get a spymaster to help this. There are new spy options with this mod, including killing the monarch or heir to the throne, adding a core or even stealing a province (I turned spies free to help this, adding core usually costs something like 600, while killing the monarch/heir costs something like 3000 and stealing a province costs around 1300.) I try adding a core 2 or three times to Calcutta, but I fail to do it.
99l6gy.png

Becoming oriental (the decision actually says became) turns your tech group to Chinese somehow.
Speaking of tech, I am around 200 years in tech on everything:rofl:
Okay, now it's the real deal- I'm DOWing Chera, the weak southern border I was talking about. They haven't gained any new allies.
xm3jtk.png

I balance my budget so I get 0 a month, but due to later inflation problems, I turn it back so I get 0 inflation a year.
Dsarna DOWs Kalinga, making my war effort that much more easy.
Ziongnu get bankrupt again.
I destroy Chera's army in Calcutta, although they put up a heroic defense in the end. I get 2.8 Prestige and 2.5 Traditin for it, at the cost of just .14 WE.
I complete a mission to create a proper fleet and get another to save a city currently under siege.
1zoyfxw.png
24vlk49.png

I do that, and get create a proper fleet again(?).
Calcutta falls on 24 July 14.
I get stability in August.
Parthia is winning the war against Rome.
30ixr1z.png

Nagpur falls to the enemy in 27 August.
Xiongnu goes bankrupt...again.
Cochin falls to our might on 22 September.
I get the serfs upset event, giving me two options: rebellion or Free Subjects. Obviously I go with Free Subjects.
Coimbatore falls to the enemy on 27 November (btw, the only enemy that has taken any lands of mine is the one from the east.)
Someone else joins Rome in their war against Parthia.
I create a proper fleet, and get another mission to retake Coimbatore.
I get into naval combat with Chera, but no damage is actually done because of the horrendous values of triremes.
Trivandrum, Chera's last foothold, falls in 8 April 15.
I try again to get a core on Calcutta but fail again. I decide to just get Chera done with and annex them.
6tli6a.png

Dasarna gets peace with Kalinga (the eastern one) making me the only one at war with them.
The war is taking a toll on Kalinga. Their war capacity is down to 12%.
Parthia continues to win the war.
I retake Coimbatore in early September and get another mission to retake Nagpur.
My WE is 2.31 and is only going down .03 a month (without war taxes.)
The loan is coming due on 1 October 17.
I retake Nagpur in late October and get a new mission to save Jubulpore from siege, something I'd do anyway.
Nellore falls to us on 14 February 16.
The reason a certain battle takes so long is because they keep sending in one-regiment armies once the existing armies are about to be annihilated- this is their last stand.
20ihzk7.png

Sakas (my ally) takes a colony from a rival Indian nation.
The battle is still continuing in late May 16.
Pondicherry (which produces diamonds) falls on 1 June.
The battle is continuing in 7 June.
Madras falls to us in 21 June.
The battle continues into July.
In 6 July, a regency takes control of our country.
The battle finally ends in 24 July.
fdr6ly.png

The world as we know it, 27 August 16
a2ejpy.png

That concludes Chapter 2, stay tuned for Chapter 3!

Last edited:
I might do a bit of Chapter 3 now. At this point I'm about caught up to what's going on in the actual game.

Chapter 3- Peace

I get the War weary Population event. I don't want the WE, so I lose the 5 army/navy tradition.
Armenia joins the war against Parthia.
Xiongnu goes bankrupt. How surprising.
Vizagapatnam falls to us on 7 November 16.
Jagdalpur falls on 1 December.
Parthia WPs Armenia.
Raipur falls on 14 December.
An enemy army goes on a suicide mission.
a0yum1.png

Apparently Rome is at war with the Frisians, and their allies join.
They're also at war with Cantabria. Its allies join except Armenia, who dishonors their alliance.
They're also at war with Sarmatians, and their allies join that. It appears Rome is on a warmongering spree.
Thea rmy on a suicide mission gets destroyed.
Sambalpur falls on 1 Feb 17.
Cappadocia DOWs Rome.
Bilaspur falls on 26 March
I check to see how that nation just keeps getting bankrupt. I find this:
qq4ll3.png

Keunjahr falls in Late May 17. Xiongnu goes bankrupt...again.
I claim defender of the Faith, because one, it makes sense since I'm the last Buddhist left in India, two because since I am in a regency I'd like to get into more defensive wars for land, and three, because in this 200 or so-year period, I'll be ahead in tech, so the penalty won't be all that bad.
Calcutta falls in 22 June. The other city I've been calling Calcutta is actually Calicut (I thought it was Calcutta, but oh well.)
Cuttack, their last stand, falls in 1 July. It is time for peace.
4lqctk.png
vyt5pf.png

Last edited:
Never heard of this mod, but this could be a good one; I'll keep a close eye on this AAR!

Something ahead of time: Rome is currently on the verge of collapse with rebels as well as wars with other nations.

Subscribed
Wish i could play this mod :(

Update: I am up to 21 in-game, and nothing much is going on in my country (I am burning off infamy.) However, Xiongnu is being beaten in a war versus Kangju, and Rome is on the verge of collapse. Here is an in-game map of Rome:
mud03.png

A little bit too early? :p

Subscribed
Wish i could play this mod :(

It's fun to watch, but absolutely horrible and buggy to play.

Fun Fact: The author of the mod is Bulgarian, and so adds a nation modifier to Bulgaria that ensure that its armies have NO attrition whatsoever. If Bulgaria ever forms, then it usually conquers everything in asia in about 500 years.

Cool AAR though, it'll be nice to see if it leads somewhere without anything going wrong :happy:

I think I have enough material now to create a chapter (although I didn't really have time to take screenshots with the specifics of the massive war I had because it was so intense.)

Chapter 4- The great Indian War

I believe we left off with the peace deal with Kalinga. Here are the current wars:
281wv0y.png
35mm9uc.png

I get the disagreeing advisor event which gives me a ton of tech investment for one of the types.
Emishi becomes bankrupt (which isn't surprising as they have lost a lot of their land)
Everyone is in the natives' sphere of influence. Except for Kashmir.
1zez6l0.png

Kangju is eating up Xiongnu's lands.
I get the A generation of Cowards event. I don't want to lose discipline, so I lose the stability and manpower.
Rome is engulfed in wars, including wars of independence with Egypt and Carthage (as this update is being made, Egypt already owns Cairo.)
I attempt to claim Baekje's throne. They are a Korean country which has so far taken over much of what we now call South Korea.
I convert Pondicherry, completing a mission.
My income as of 14 December 25 is third in the world (522.5). Here is the scoreboard in the first page of the ledger:
Rome: 5074.8 (clearly although in decline, is still a major power)
Han: 3707.3
Satavahana (Me): 522.5
Cappadocia (eating up more and more of the rich provinces of Turkey, and now owns Smirna due to rebel defection): 496.8
Yamato (having most of Japan: 483.7
Goguryeo (owns North Korea and much of Manchuria): 483
Sahas (my Indian ally): 436.6
Funan (in Indochina); 427.1
Parthia: 396.1
Pahlavas (owns much of Pakistan): 287.4
Baekje: 210.4
Armenia: 198.4
Tibet: 175.8
A regent is now ruling Rome.
I get a new king (Muhammad II Imad Shahi) that is really bad (3/5/4)
The two Korean nations fight.
I join my ally in a war against Phalavas, and to get something out of it, I get a core on and eventually steal Karachi by means of espionage (although by the time that happens my prestige is at -100, as each time you are discovered doing one of these things you lose 25 prestige.)
Funan now has land in Japan.
Japan (temporarily) forms in Morioka.
Ryukyu (an island OPM off Japan) is eating up some of Funan's lands in Japan.
I occupy a lot of Phalavas, but avoid the temptation to claim any of it because:
1. It isn't connected to my existing foothold, and I don't want to have too many exclaves
2. My infamy is already 12, and I want to save infamy for a coming war.
I demand 275 ducats, and they accept.
Cappadocia continues to eat of more and more of Asia Minor due to rebel defections.
Han surpasses Rome in income (the rising Cappadocia has also surpassed me.)
I declare war on Pandyas, a TPM to my south to trigger a war with both Kalinga and Dasarna, whom they are allied with.
The war was very tense so I couldn't take to many screenshots, so I'll give you a brief summary. Dasarna invades from the north on a mountainous province, and even with my numbers advantage I can't decisively meet them. I quickly vassalize Pandyas, freeing up the army to intervene in other means. First I beat Kalinga's armies, and then meet Dasarna's invading armies with a 3 to 1 numbers advantage. The reason I couldn't decisively meet them before is because I was always the only one that ever lost anything for long periods. The battle lasts around 6 months or so, and meanwhile, my new vassal Pandyas sieges all of Dasarna for me. I am just able to vassalize Kalinga (it cost 100%), and I take a lot of land from Dasarna.
I get improvments in gov't tech, giving me .5 inflation, but giving me around 150,000 ducats in gov't tech.
After a peace deal with Dasarna, I have unified the majority of the Indian subcontinent.
23m4xgy.png

Last edited: