+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So, will the Iberian crowns be united?

Cities in MotionDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Semper FiSword of the StarsEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

So, will the Iberian crowns be united?

I have recently started an Aragon campaign in 1453 (MMU).
    Around 1494 I have finally inherited Naples, but so far no sign of useful developments with Castile.
    Now i am in 1501.

Please note that I have a RM with them since beginning (apart a couple of years after the death of one of my monarchs) and relations constantly 200. Also an alliance until they dishonoured it.

Am i missing anything here? Have i lost the train for the diplomatic/historical formation of Spain?

Tks for ur help, Hastu Neon
    Visit the MAARquesate of Mantua! Faith in Power (WoW 30-3-2003)
    From the Tower of Belem: A Portuguese AAR (WoW 7-11-2004)
    Know my land's history with "The Apulian Persons Project" EU2 Victoria Crusader Kings (WoW 9-5-2010) EU3

“Coelum non animum mutant qui trans mare currunt” - Horace
    (His heaven above the traveller may change, but not the soul within)

Arsenal of DemocracyEU3 CompleteFor The GloryEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Don't know if it triggers if you are playing Aragon, but you have done everything right to get the event if you were playing Castille.
    Anyway it's only 1501. Ive seen the wedding happen much later than that.
    So it's nothing uncommon with it not having happened in 1501.

Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Thanks. Thus the issue becomes: does the event chain fire for Aragon?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Can't have any regencies. Also, the AI event can't fire after 1490; player can still get it with a different event iirc

Mmmh, now in 1540 and still no sign of it.
    200 relation, RM, and now again alliance among me and Castile.

They are exploring and colonising as usual, I have gained Naples, Gibraltar and Tangier (just to control to straits), vassalised Tunis and Tripoli.
    By the way, CJL78, I am using your fantastic submod...

Any chance to understand which event can still fire after 1490? Just to know if I need to meet other conditions ... Tks Hastu Neon

Europa Universalis 3For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

Looking at the event file, it seems like the marriage event can happen between 1468 and 1489 for Castille, as long as neither CAS nor ARA have a regency, they have good relations (160+) and a royal marriage. The MTTH is 18 months, so in your situation it should have fired unless exceptionally unlucky. Then there is the marriage event for ARA in which you would have been asked whether to approve of the marriage, which only happens after CAS got their event, but has only a MTTH of one month. So if you didn't get that event, it is likely that Castille chose to disapprove of the marriage. The AI chance for this is 5% and there are no modifiers for this chance, so it does happen sometimes. If both CAS and ARA are AI, there is another event to make them merge, but that doesn't happen if one of them is the player.

Ouch, thanks. So I suppose the event should have fired for Castille but they have refused.
    Stupid guys, now I have to subjugate them.
    Thanks all for your help.
    Visit the MAARquesate of Mantua! Faith in Power (WoW 30-3-2003)
    From the Tower of Belem: A Portuguese AAR (WoW 7-11-2004)
    Know my land's history with "The Apulian Persons Project" EU2 Victoria Crusader Kings (WoW 9-5-2010) EU3

“Coelum non animum mutant qui trans mare currunt” - Horace
    (His heaven above the traveller may change, but not the soul within)

Arsenal of DemocracyEU3 CompleteFor The GloryEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

I got some sparetime so I did a testgame.
    The eventchain does indeed work if you are playing Aragon. I got the wedding around 1480 and Viva Espana around 1500.
    However you are not supposed to unite spain with Aragon in the mod as the AI's colonizing screws you over big time as you dont get the seatiles explored to your colonies. So your colonies will all revolt and you cannot send in the troops.

+ Reply to Thread