Thread: The protocol. A safe way to play this game solo

The protocol. A safe way to play this game solo

Phase 1
    It requires omnipresence and omniscience through multiple accounts. Metagaming.
    All these multiple characters with backpacks should remain in Boston, the safest place.
    One account as sacrificial peon to scout Boston, just in case the eventual Boston Massacre happens.

Have one character risks itself in the world, the Settler, investing the 20 silver as soon as possible. With some luck this will bring you enough distance from Boston surroundings and OTHERS.
    A wilderness homestead far from Boston, allows fast travel back and forth to Boston.
    It will keep feeding everything of value back to the characters in Boston.

Eventually you will start pilling rare inspirational, silver and food.

One of the characters in Boston will receive the majority of the progression investment.

This will allow you to keep a higher % of what you will eventually lose. You lose, but you always get more. Each trip, a proverbial save game.

The settler will eventually be murdered, you will lose the 20 silver you invested on the homestead, whatever it had on its body before you did your last haul trip to Boston and whatever you decided that was necessary train the settler for.

Here you decide what is important to train on the Settler so that it keeps effective at what it does and what you decide to train on the Main character back at Boston.

Eventually some lawfull safe village will be stablished near Boston providing many public tools and high degree of safety and even then you shouldnt lower your guard.
    Or your friends from other games started playing, liked the game and accepted to be as paranoic as you are, following the same safety standards.
    Or you have managed to find an awesome spot that have the defensive characteristics that you consider ideal or didnt imagined it was possible,
    Or you made new friends in the game that proved to be worth trusting a bit more with your Settler (social engineering/metagaming with a peon),
    Or you reach a point in amount of resources and wealth that you can afford to invest a little more on the settler to have access to other elements of the game or can get a big claim with defenses ready very fast.

Once that happens, phase 2 start.
    Once you reach that point, you can start doing things that cannot be absolutely done within the safety of Boston.

At wich point you will have earned progression in the game that cannot be taken away from you. Despite the many times your settler eventually finds its demise, the amount of value you acquired and kept safe will always be superior than the loss of the peon, the 20 silver, whatever the killers had the luck to get from him (very little, because the important things will be hauled back and forth every few minutes to the safe characters in Boston). Ultimatelly, you defy death. Your death become comparatively meaningless. The same way you play a hardcore character with shared stash between accounts.

I love how the design allows me to do that. In Haven it was the same thing. Need the gate open, log with the gatekeeper, open gate, alt tab, enter, alt tab, close the gate, log off gatekeeper. I love how the design promotes multiaccounting, because its basically a group game that I can solo with multiple accounts. I love how each character has a minimum of 16 inventory spaces plus the backpack and when they log off they cannot be harmed. I love that we have a starting area that is highly safe such as Boston. I love how I can have a character just scout an area for me. I could possibly set a perimeter of alternate character scouts and keep the games opened in windows like a surveillance camera system. But ultimately I love the character progression system based on items I can trade. Before people had to bot and macro to get lp, or kill boars and one could not trade the learning points to keep a character progress while safe. It was such a pain to make accounts and invites between themselves, but eventually the beta will expand with more invites, the game will be free anyway. Hope they use the beta to improve this cancer of gaming. If someone can do it, based on what he innovated so far, its BrotherBean, but then he will have to weight if the time and effort to change what needs to be changed is worth the effort. If not we will be able to live with it, like we always did.

My starting character got killed yesterday. I was doing fine, I was having fun. It was my first 6 hours, everything lost in a very anti climatic way. It was a good wakeup call. This taught me a lesson and I learned it. I think its the same for everyone, right? I want to keep playing this game. By then I hadnt even bothered with the 16 accounts I had made last month. And now I got serious.

You should start your wall of text with the last comment you made, about dying and crying about it. So people do not have to hear your crazy plans to run a town by yourself. Not sure why, but you remind me of an old woman with an army of cats. Keep on trucking little buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by seifer5x5 View Post
    You should start your wall of text with the last comment you made, about dying and crying about it. So people do not have to hear your crazy plans to run a town by yourself. Not sure why, but you remind me of an old woman with an army of cats. Keep on trucking little buddy.
    And what makes you think people want to listen to you critique somebodies post and then try to belittle them.
    You do understand the hypocrisy of your post right?

And while you're stashing "valuables" at Boston I'll be making a farm and producing humongous quantities of food that's vastly superior to what you can forage.

Faster way to survive....find 3 or more people to start a place far away from Boston. Stop being afraid of a game. Profit.

Or! You could just play the game.

terrible post. Only read the last line because you pointed it out. If you are scared of playing the game because of death you might be interested in farmville.

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

And yet people have been playing HnH the same way the last year now. It's not so much "Am I afraid of death?" but "Can I make death pointless or a meaningless as possible?"

Quote Originally Posted by MagicManICT View Post
    And yet people have been playing HnH the same way the last year now. It's not so much "Am I afraid of death?" but "Can I make death pointless or a meaningless as possible?"
    lol true. last criminal scum i was chasing down threw every item he had on him in the river and logged out. He stilled died but wasted a good 20mins of mine and death's time

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by MagicManICT View Post
    And yet people have been playing HnH the same way the last year now.
    Salem isn't HnH 2.0?
    If you want to always be right,
    you need to always be prepared to change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by siis View Post
    Salem isn't HnH 2.0?
    It takes away enough of HnH that you should play it with the same mindset of paranoia and mistrust of random people

"Paranoia" and "Mistrust of Random People" are the names of my sabre and musket, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by lalochezia View Post
    "Paranoia" and "Mistrust of Random People" are the names of my sabre and musket, respectively.
    I also want to be able to carve a name onto my tools.

TLR

good strategy for early game is to make about 5 walls around your village, They are easy to make, and by the time he bashes 5 walls on your claim he will be too hungry to fight you