• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Palandiell

Captain
41 Badges
Jun 16, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
I have now 10k money, and I was thinking about buying some land. question is: does it need to be maintained (ie goods being brought to it) or does it automaintain itself? and is it worth it?

also, it sayss ometimes gain or lose honor. what does this do if I have a high honor or a very low honor score? and where can i see my relations with the jarls and ladies taht I have?

I never knew you could buy land - I thought you had to take it. But it is auto-maintaining due to farming. But you have to protect it from bandits etc.

High honor means you are respected more I think, not too sure.

To find relations you have to talk with them, and mouse over their picture and it will tell you your relation status.

I never knew you could buy land - I thought you had to take it. But it is auto-maintaining due to farming. But you have to protect it from bandits etc.

High honor means you are respected more I think, not too sure.

To find relations you have to talk with them, and mouse over their picture and it will tell you your relation status.

sorry should be more clear:

from the guild masters you can buy farms or factories. thats what I am asking about

and I meant the overview of all relations. isnt there such a thing in the menu?

Not sure about the land. But with the relations, try seeing whats in the 'Reports' tab, I think it may be there somewhere.

Manufactories are self sustaining, but if you want the best profits, it means buying raw resources from villages for the cheapest prices.

but if I wouldnt buy the chepest resources and just let the factory be, it would still give me a positive yield the whole time right?

Factories are self sustained, and they are very much worth it if you have one that turns a profit weekly.
You can feed them the raw goods or sell the finished goods yourself, but it's much more effort than its worth. Better spend that extra time fighting. If you're buying cheap resources, sell them for a direct profit instead of feeding the factory. They can buy resources at cheaper price than you anyways.

High honor gets you improved relations with all honorable lords, even those you've never met. It also helps to get peace deals when you have your own faction.
Negative honor brings you trouble :p