Thread: buying land and honor

buying land and honor

I have now 10k money, and I was thinking about buying some land. question is: does it need to be maintained (ie goods being brought to it) or does it automaintain itself? and is it worth it?

also, it sayss ometimes gain or lose honor. what does this do if I have a high honor or a very low honor score? and where can i see my relations with the jarls and ladies taht I have?
    "Rommel, where are your tanks?"
    "12 Kilometers from Paris, Sir."
    "Dammit Rommel, the war hasn't even started!"

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    I never knew you could buy land - I thought you had to take it. But it is auto-maintaining due to farming. But you have to protect it from bandits etc.

High honor means you are respected more I think, not too sure.

To find relations you have to talk with them, and mouse over their picture and it will tell you your relation status.
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

Quote Originally Posted by Baynard View Post
    I never knew you could buy land - I thought you had to take it. But it is auto-maintaining due to farming. But you have to protect it from bandits etc.

High honor means you are respected more I think, not too sure.

To find relations you have to talk with them, and mouse over their picture and it will tell you your relation status.
    sorry should be more clear:

from the guild masters you can buy farms or factories. thats what I am asking about

and I meant the overview of all relations. isnt there such a thing in the menu?

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    Not sure about the land. But with the relations, try seeing whats in the 'Reports' tab, I think it may be there somewhere.
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

58 games registered

Manufactories are self sustaining, but if you want the best profits, it means buying raw resources from villages for the cheapest prices.
    AARs:
    Barrett's Privateers - A Nova Scotia Victoria AAR - Dead. Planned for resurrection

Mods:

Second Modernity
    Explore the years 2036 to 2136 with this mod of Victoria II
    In production
    ------
    [QUOTE_32N]

Quote Originally Posted by Verenti View Post
    Manufactories are self sustaining, but if you want the best profits, it means buying raw resources from villages for the cheapest prices.
    but if I wouldnt buy the chepest resources and just let the factory be, it would still give me a positive yield the whole time right?

58 games registered

Depends on the factory. The guild master tells you the "base" profitability of every factory. But yes, I've never seen a city without a factory that wouldn't earn a few hundred coins a month if you let it be.
    AARs:
    Barrett's Privateers - A Nova Scotia Victoria AAR - Dead. Planned for resurrection

Mods:

Second Modernity
    Explore the years 2036 to 2136 with this mod of Victoria II
    In production
    ------
    [QUOTE_32N]

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Factories are self sustained, and they are very much worth it if you have one that turns a profit weekly.
    You can feed them the raw goods or sell the finished goods yourself, but it's much more effort than its worth. Better spend that extra time fighting. If you're buying cheap resources, sell them for a direct profit instead of feeding the factory. They can buy resources at cheaper price than you anyways.

High honor gets you improved relations with all honorable lords, even those you've never met. It also helps to get peace deals when you have your own faction.
    Negative honor brings you trouble
    We can accept God becoming man to save man. But not man becoming God to save himself.
    -Vernon Linwood Howard