• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The basics of modern ASW warfare are fairly well known, certainly to those interested or have ever played Harpoon for more then a day. :p Living next to a P-3 Orion base my whole life, and being part of Sea Cadets when young, ASW ops seem like common sense. Granted, the specific way platforms are used in certain tactical situations is a secret, but the general idea is not. Find em, Fix em, Finish em. Using passive detection from MAD equipment and passive sonar to get a general location. Send in your helos or ASW aircraft to drop buoys, and once you got the bastage located for sure, let him have it with torps. Preferably, don't use the platform you're using to detect. I try to use helos to kill since the P-8s and P-3s can go on to other targets quickly to prosecute them, and I like to save their weapons for when help is too far away to do any good.

I will take my chopper to VERY close of even right the top of the sub. Then firing 1-2 torpedoes.

Keep another chopper nearby for additional support. You gonna need it if you're chasing fast modern Russian subs. Bearing firing is good too I use it regularly with great success. Also firing single torpedo will make enemy run away and it will make more sound and it's easier to spot by other units.

Yes, that is sound advice right there. I like to launch one and then see where the sub turns to escape, then put another in their path. Head on torp hits to a sub generally do them in with one shot.