Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Suggestions about aggressors and defenders balance...

Quote Originally Posted by Macyo View Post
    Guns do work and it's the best weapon for pvp.
    Dunno, But the average players I kill need like 5-15 shots.
    Guns can kill people as long as you are persistant..
    So which is it? Best weapon? Or I can kill them eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by darnokpl View Post
    400 players can't pay enough money to let devs work on this project any longer, you didn't learned anything from HnH?
    You do know this is a "Closed Beta" and that there is only a fraction of people playing, right?
    I am sure there is a huge line up of people without beta access yet, and you are always crying about player numbers...?

There is absolutely no point in comparing real-life consequences and the labels we apply to real-life misanthropes with how the game functions and how we view other players. The funny thing about a sandbox game is that each person creates their own objectives. If his goal is to score kills, he is no more of a dick than the guy that just scored a headshot in Battlefield. The fact that you have entirely different goals when you play makes you no better of a person, in-game or out.

Quote Originally Posted by Essemecks View Post
    There is absolutely no point in comparing real-life consequences and the labels we apply to real-life misanthropes with how the game functions and how we view other players. The funny thing about a sandbox game is that each person creates their own objectives. If his goal is to score kills, he is no more of a dick than the guy that just scored a headshot in Battlefield. The fact that you have entirely different goals when you play makes you no better of a person, in-game or out.
    Both in real life and in game, the intention is used to judge whether or not someone is being a jerk. If someone is intending to make people feel miserable, then that someone is being a jerk.

Keep though in mind that you can do things in the game that are considered lore-wise "evil", but still have no "bad" intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Essemecks View Post
    Except in BF3 you respawn with no real loss.
    In Salem you could lost hours/days/weeks/months of work.
    That makes you a jerk, there is no sense in trying to excuse it or rationalize it. If you do it you are getting enjoyment out of destroying other peoples hard work.
    If you just wanted the thrill of PvP you wouldn't need to murder them, just KO. When you murder people you are just being a jerk, its simple.

Second Lieutenant
    MagickaMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Gestankfaust View Post
    So which is it? Best weapon? Or I can kill them eventually?
    Best weapon doesn't have to mean most dmg.
    I just don't understand how you're not convinced guns are the best after the 2 or 3 posts I just made.

Oh and Essemecks is correct btw but carebears won't understand that since we non-carebears are on different channels than the carebears... ying & yang.
    Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyMWxX0YIpk

Best weapon doesn't have to mean most dmg.
    I just don't understand how you're not convinced guns are the best after the 2 or 3 posts I just made.

Oh and Essemecks is correct btw but carebears won't understand that since we non-carebears are on different channels than the carebears... ying & yang.
    Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyMWxX0YIpk
    What suprises me is that your so proud of grieving people, yet you persist in creating this dellusion where your greiving is somehow "just part of the game."
    Scamming people is a part of every game, yet you're still being a jerk.
    If you don't want to be called scum, stop acting like it.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkky View Post
    What suprises me is that your so proud of grieving people, yet you persist in creating this dellusion where your greiving is somehow "just part of the game."
    Scamming people is a part of every game, yet you're still being a jerk.
    If you don't want to be called scum, stop acting like it.
    PvP combat is usually about who is the better player right?
    Same thing with scamming... only idiots fall for obvious, simple and known scams... bad players.
    Or it takes a genius to pull of something original and well thought out scam... skillz.

PvP combat is usually about who is the better player right?
    Same thing with scamming... only idiots fall for obvious, simple and known scams... bad players.
    Or it takes a genius to pull of something original and well thought out scam... skillz.
    People are stupid. I know someone who jacked 2 LC of steel and a LC of pearls in HnH for a salem beta. He didn't get the beta

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

Pretty much summed it up right there, Macyo. This ain't WoW where a lvl 50 roflstomps a lvl 10 no matter what.

I've got several forum accounts that I joined with and make an occasional post to make them look legit, Got different skype accounts for them all etc.
    Macyo, do you have a life? or you spend all your time making many forum/skype/in game accounts legit just so you can scam people?
    I could understand if you scam people in real life (not that I support that) so you can actually benefit from it. but spending so much time and effort to take virtual loot... for what? to build up your ego?
    I'm noob in this game, you aren't. you can't say u got 'skillz' if you know every aspect of game and scam me in game... scam me in real life, and then I can say you got 'skillz' to scam people (not really skill that you can be proud of, but whatever makes you happy)

I never played HnH, got into Salem without knowing anything about the game. I really liked the game, but then I realized the real preferences for it (if you wanna stay alive for more than 3 days): already played HnH, must play 20hours a day, be a part of a group (which is impossible to get if you don't have mates with you). people will come to game, get killed after 3days, start over several times and eventually leave. game will be stuck on 300 hardcore players, since it is definitely not a casual game...

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

macy is noob... don't let him fool you. :P

You don't need prior experience with HnH to do decent at this game. You do need to know the typical mindset in open PvP games and how to survive. It's completely different from other games.

But you're right. It's not a casual game. It has never been promoted as such. In fact, it's probably about as opposite from casual as you can get (which has also been advertised).

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by MagicManICT View Post
    macy is noob... don't let him fool you. :P
    lol jealous or angry carebear?
    Anyone I met ingame fears me, even my neighbors who are like 10 people, I killed one of them and fought 1v3 and they are too scared to come after me to my camp.
    The other neighbor i've got I stole pretty much everything they had, they tracked down my camp and I chased them away and when I logged back in later they hadn't even trespassed my claim out of fear for leaving scents.
    The third hermit neighbor I've got is dead He was standing in the middle of his claim stomping the ground thinking that would scare me.. he probably drained all his yellow bile lol.

You can also ask any of the other random encounters and victims of mine what they think of me.
    Gonna login now and look for an opportunity to destroy another village that I've gained trust from.

I could go on with my bragging for hours tbh, You know that some people call me master?

early game Def is being worked on

I could go on with my bragging for hours tbh, You know that some people call me master?
    oh dear God... I really hope you are 10yo...

please brag more, let's see if your ego can explode

Anyone I met ingame fears me, even my neighbors who are like 10 people, I killed one of them and fought 1v3 and they are too scared to come after me to my camp.
    The other neighbor i've got I stole pretty much everything they had, they tracked down my camp and I chased them away and when I logged back in later they hadn't even trespassed my claim out of fear for leaving scents.
    The third hermit neighbor I've got is dead He was standing in the middle of his claim stomping the ground thinking that would scare me.. he probably drained all his yellow bile lol.

You can also ask any of the other random encounters and victims of mine what they think of me.
    Gonna login now and look for an opportunity to destroy another village that I've gained trust from.

I actually quite liked the idea mentioned earlier about a Boston citizenship. Not quite to the level that he mentioned it, but similar. I think that if one were able to be a part of Boston itself, running around learning the game for a bit, perhaps doing a few tasks guaranteed to get you the 20 silver you need to move out into the middle of nowhere or to get a few basic skills, it would be perfect. Having to join a village to lose boston citizenship however is a bad idea, because as a Hermit I would just stay a part of Boston and move off into the darkness and be unkillable forever. If you claim some land of your own, or a certain amount of time progresses, then I think one would no longer be a part of Boston and not exempt from the permadeath features of the game. One could rush to take advantage of that protection for a while while they figure the game out, and wouldn't have to worry about "I stepped 3 steps out of boston and got PK'ed".
    With, of course, proper warnings that leaving Boston could mean you might get your ass kicked.
    I would also really like it if I could create a party and add people to it, talk to the wilderness guide and pay him 20 silver per person or somesuch to transport them out to my claim.

Muskets are only marginally harder to dodge than bullruns.

I've said it before...and I'll say it again. Did the other PvP oriented MMOs get too tough for you kids? Now you come and brag about your skillz in a crafting MMO? Weak....reaaally weak IMO.

I have been playing for about 2 weeks now. I still have alot to learn. But one thing I am finding out It is hard to defend against someone who plays all day long. I have been lured into thinking they were nice when chatting and then they knock ya out and loot ya. Which I think is kinda funny. I have also been robbed a bunch and nothing I can do about it. I have been thinking of a way to make things more realistic like. When someone does a crime on a claim. I feel a better system and more interesting system should be in place. What if you were able to bring the traces of evidence to boston and when enough traces are brought in A bounty is formed where people can then track down the criminal. When the person is caught and then killed, his home stead items are then auctioned off in Boston and his claim is either auctioned off or dismantled and destroyed. A life of crime was never easy. Why should it be in a game. A person should always be able to get justice no matter how little you are able to play. And I feel the summon thing should be taken out. I did see the new update But I feel a system like this is needed with or without the new changes. Wilderness crimes should not be included in this though. And traces should happen half the time with noone around and all the time if you are being watched. Also if the criminal moves around from place to place. The farther he moves the harder it should be to track them.
    Last edited by Hyip; 08-05-2012 at 17:45.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4