• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
chapter2.png

The Known World in 1421

1421map.jpg

azow_cb-1.jpg

An opportunity too good to pass up.

suddendeath.png

Oh great! What'd he do, slip on a banana peel??

azow_breach.jpg

laughable.jpg

Are they serious??

victory1.jpg

eu3game116.jpg

sicily_peace.png

Christmas Court, Borodino Castle, Vyazma

iexplore5250.jpg

kazakh.jpg

t1.png

Chancellor Mikhail Korovin

"Sire, the moment we have been dreading has arrived. The barbarian hordes have taken Sarai from Persia and reached our border."

pote4.png

"What do they want from us?"

t1.png

"9 gold a month or they will attack, loot and plunder all they touch."

pote4.png

"I will not pay a single ducat of tribute to a bunch of mindless savages. There must be other options. Marshal?"

iexplore5476.jpg

Marshal Aleksi Trusov

"My liege, even though our forces outnumber the Kazakhs by four to one, I believe we still must increase our military maintenance. Doing so will cost less than tribute. I also recommend that we find an able commander to further increase our forces discipline and morale. We should also order the 13,000 soldiers of the First Army to the border in Bogutjar."

pote4.png

"Agreed."

selim_narsites.png

Well, good luck with the Kazahks :) . And must I say, it's not nearly as strange to see the Russians in the Balkans as in Italy :D .

Also, can I see a map of the HRE, or does it look about the same as usual?

Also, can I see a map of the HRE, or does it look about the same as usual?

The HRE doesn't exist here. The King of Bohemia is "Emperor" but there are no members. There hasn't been a King of Germany since 1084. I would post a screenshot of the CK game at that time, but I deleted save games that old a long time ago.

Open call: Anyone have plot / story ideas?

if you provide some info on relations with other states i could think of something, besides that, i can only think of Russian Emperor overshadowing bizantium and plotting to incorporate all orthodox

if you provide some info on relations with other states i could think of something, besides that, i can only think of Russian Emperor overshadowing bizantium and plotting to incorporate all orthodox

Byzantium is too big with too many allies and I'm trying to get a RM with them.

Here is a map and overview:

eu3game155.jpg

Overview.jpg

The modifiers are: church taxes, exp. beauracracy, gilded iconography, a beaut. tapestry, adv. of t.r. act, and Spt. the Flor. School

Last edited:
TRIPOLI IN EUROPE!?!?!?! WTF

anyway, i feel a future crackdown on croatia might occur :)

RM with Bizantium is good enough for me, you could eventually assimilate them

At this point I don't want to attack any Christians. Tripoli and Croatia are Catholic. Croatia would pull in allies and I'd get into a slogging match....just not worth it. The "reconquest" CB is because of the way the provinces were made during conversion, so I have cores on some in Croatia and Byzantium.

eu3game251.jpg

mackey.png

"Inflation is bad. You shouldn't have inflation, mmmkay?"

How enlightening :D .

Anyway, if you're still stuck on where to go, I would just say eastward (even to the Pacific) or even claim more Baltic ports.

How enlightening :D .

Anyway, if you're still stuck on where to go, I would just say eastward (even to the Pacific) or even claim more Baltic ports.

My Orthodox ally the GH blocks the way to Siberia. I don't want to spend the effort to break through them just for more furs and iron. Anyways, you'll see that I chose another route.

StGeorgesCathedralofYurievMonastery.png

priest2.png

"Lord Potemkin, I have humbly requested your presence in a matter that concerns the Church. A number of our patrons are concerned that some of this new research into trade may be contrary to God's holy law."

pote1.png

"In what way?"

priest2.png

"Greed that would directly affect the Church, not only spiritually in the manner of a cardinal sin but that also would be heretical in nature. If this is pursued, I fear great discontent."

pote1.png

"I will advise the Tsar on what you have said."

heretical.png

florentine.jpg

adoration_fra_angelico.png

"The Adoration of the Magi" by Fra Angelico

Last edited:

Bogutjar.jpg

sarai.jpg

iexplore5893.jpg

"The Czar was understandably frustrated. The Kazahk had lost five times as many troops as the Russians, yet they would not concede defeat. They were the very definition of mindless savages, having virtually no civilization, conquering for conquests sake, sacking any city they conquered. It was as if Attila the Hun, the Scourge of God, had been resurrected."

"Then the moment the Russians had been truly dreading arrived. Twenty-five thousand troops - the entire Kazahk army - was marching toward Bogutjar. The Russians could not reinforce in time. The eighteen thousand soldiers of the First Army would be routed, the province sacked. Tsar Boris saw that he could either concede defeat, save his army and people and gain a respite with a loss of prestige or his people would be ravaged and he would *still* have to concede. The Kazahk accepted the concession, and a five-year truce began."

Last edited: