Have does one get rid of the 'Discord' modifier?
The even has a MTTH of 12 months, so you shouldn't have to wait too long before it fires.
I'm thinking now I might write a FAQ/rudimentary strategy guide for the next update, just so people have something to consult, given this mod is becoming increasingly complex.
This mod is super cool! But there is a weird thing, not really a bug though. I was watching Equestria as Bhopal, and the civil war happened, you know Unicornia broke off. Capital moved to manehattan as it should. But then the Pegasi subsequently seceded, and the capital of Equestria moved to Sitka, Alaska of all places (Not that I'm complaining of the game's choice of relocation). Also when the war has concluded, there doesn't seem to be an event to move the capital BACK to Canterlot.
Speaking of which, I guess this would be a good time to talk about the update.
I've decided that the next update will NOT include a PDM-compatible version, mainly because I have a feeling that it will be a fairly major undertaking. I want of finish adding whatever content I want to add, and have it working, polished, and balanced, before I begin to make all these new things compatible with another mod that already makes extensive changes to base game.
As for release date, I can't give any specifics. If I were to really push myself (but I won't), I could probably get the next major content update out by the end of August, but a more realistic date would probably be sometime in September, with a PDM-version out sometime in October.
As for what's going to be in/is already in to some extent:
So, yeah, that's about it. We'll see whether the next update or Season 3 comes out first.
- Zebras! I've already done the POPs and the basic structure for their country, but the associated events aren't there yet. The eventual plan is that sometime around when the Scramble for Africa begins, Equestria will get a decision to send an expedition to investigate "rumours of a lost Pony race in Africa" or something, which. After a while the Zebras will be "discovered" and their country will appear à la the Congo. Equestria will then get a decision to put them into their SoI and possibly annex. There'll probably be events akin to the Meiji restoration for the Zebras, so that they have the option to Westernise and not get annexed.
- Equestria got nerfed, as pointed out before. I also finally decided that they'll get a minor prestige nerf. USA is set up to colonise the Griffin-populated provinces (unless you can become a S/GP before 1840, good luck with that), but also that they'll piss the Griffins off enough that Equestria is given a choice to intervene on their behalf. This then should lead to a war and a brokered peace, as detailed in airpirate's post here. This removes the Equestrian prestige nerf, and gives the United States their own (temporary) prestige nerf.
- 1861 start is now in. Equestria is a GP, ranked 7th. They control home provinces+Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
- Greece. I'm about 55% finished with their "cultural expedition" decisions/events. When (if) Greece discovers Romanticism and has enough money, they get a decision similar to the Egyptian Excavations decision. If Equestria allows the expedition, there's a chance that they'll try to kidnap a Pegasus, which would lead to all sorts of trouble. I'm also thinking of other "bad" outcomes of the expedition, such as them getting lost in the Everfree Forest, wandering off into the desert and just dying, and opening up the Gates of Tartarus. There's also the chance that nothing happens, and relations between Greece and Equestria increase slightly.
- I haven't but will add a decision/event for Equestria to balkanise/puppetise the United States if they conquer the whole thing.
- I've tried to make some of the requirements for the decisions easier to understand/easier to get. Eg you no longer have to have a ridiculous number of Jingoists as a democracy to enact the "Equestrian Empire" decision, rather just have a stronger military than the United States. I've also done some more MTTH tweaking. I noticed some event spam in Xeno132's LP, so I want to fix that.
- Everfree forest will be uninhabited/uninhabitable at game start. You'll get a series of decisions, once you discover certain techs, to make the province more hospitable, at the risk of "upsetting" the local wildlife.
- Griffins now get an decision to rename their provinces if they become independent. The province names are mostly Persian-inspired gibberish with lots of apostrophes. I think Seattle gets renamed to Kali'gryph ("borrowed" from the Equestria Total War fanfic, actually)
You know what, fuck it, I'm going to try this mod out. It won't kill me!
NK Foreign Minister Comrade Anastasia Ivanovna Petrova in Avindian's Soviet Union Interactive AAR.
Maximilian von Wittelsbach, Stadtholder of Leipzig (formerly Otto von Bismarck) in Avindian's Sonderweg oder Anderweg Interactive AAR.
Unable to start or complete any of his AAR's.
Ah yes, the scramble for Africa. I arrived late to that party but was able to use the genius tactic of "sending in the troops" to colonise most of Northern Africa.
Ahh, memories. Before the Wars and the Discord. Innocent times full of love, friendship and artillery.
On the whole USA Balkanizing thing, do you have a rough plan for borders? I was thinking Equestria gets cores up to the Mississippi (the idea being that that area is significantly less populated than areas like Chicago or New York, it allows for a pony base on the Atlantic, and leads to pretty borders) and the rest can be annexed for a large non-accepted culture militancy boost and major relations hits, made into a pony puppet state that has one of the pony cultures as a primary with no accepted cultures except maybe Afro-American (I could see the ponies giving Afro-Americans some power just some they have some support among the human population as all the white people are going to hate the ponies no matter what they do). This state could later either be given more indpendence by Equestria leading to making Yankee and Dixie accepted, or oppressed more and later added to Equestria as core provinces without any human accepted culture. Another option would be to split the USA into a human ruled led USA, human ruled and slaveless CSA (ponies probably wouldn't allow for slavery), and maybe another state that takes some industry from the nothern USA. These states would just be in Equestria's sphere, but there wouldn't be nearly as much of a relations hit with other GP's. The last option would be to let the rest of the United States exist, which leads to a slight relations boost with other GP's, some infamy loss, and possibly a prestige gain. The problem here is that the USA will still be a GP (though the new USA should probably get a ton of militancy).
Last edited by airpirate; 04-08-2012 at 07:13.
"You can make an omelet without breaking any eggs; it's just a really bad omelet"
~ Stephen Colbert
ahh so you do watch my lp so what do you think of my "Great war" with the US?
It probably isn't super relevant unless you want to do some more significant border redraws, or just tweak province names, but the first known 'canon' map of Equestria is out, in poster form:
I seem to have run into a bit of a wall.
I was trying to resolve the moddir issue I was having. I took a look at other mods that add provinces (specifically ones for CK2, but both use the same base engine, so it shouldn't matter), and noticed that they added the new provinces before the sea provinces, in terms of province id.
I did a bit of modification, moved the provinces around and updated ids and various related files, fired the game up...
...I had somehow turned the Baltic Sea into Equestrian territory. CTD (predictably) when I tried to start or load a game.
Did some more checking and cross-checking, eventually found that I had inadvertently turned Jan Mayen into a sea province. That was causing all sorts of problems. Fixed that, loaded up again...
...game refused to even load. CTD on "generating history".
Loaded up with JSGME, loaded fine, map looks good, crashed on the second load screen (after selecting a country) on "generating history".
I've run the mod through the validator several times, it doesn't find anything, so I'm now at a bit of a loss as to what exactly is going wrong.
I have the previous map files, so I can always go back to the previous version, but I really really want to get moddir working correctly, or have a definitive, solid reason as to why moddir doesn't work with this mod.
I've provided a download link to the most recent version of what I've worked on, if anyone else wants to take a look at it and try and figure out what's wrong.
I found the army tab CTD accidently while trying to put the new provinces IDs before the sea provinces. But when I saw that Jan Mayen was in the middle of the sea starts, I stopped. But putting their IDs before the sea starts shouldn't involve editing only the definition.csv and default.map files?
EDIT: nevermind, there's actually a lot other files, I'll try to swap everything when I get home
Okay, so I gave Jan Mayen its old prov id of #3246; messing around with the history files was a little too difficult. It seems to allow the game to properly load now with moddir. It also had the odd effect of making JSGME not work; is basically the opposite of what I had before...
I'm still having the problem of it putting the new provinces in the Baltic Sea starts rather than in California where they should be. It's like the game thinks provinces 2703-2712 are still the same provinces from vanilla, but since they now have history and pop entries, it tries to put land provinces in the Baltic.
Looking at setup.log I also noticed this:
Code:[map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 2703 ==> 328 330 [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 2704 ==> 325 327 330 333 [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 2705 ==> 318 320 321 336 338 346 2706 [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 2706 ==> 317 318 322 324 343 345 346 348 2705 2708 2707 [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 2707 ==> 339 340 343 349 350 353 994 996 997 2706 2709 2708 [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 2708 ==> 322 324 325 326 331 332 353 2706 2707 2710 2709 [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 2709 ==> 331 349 351 353 354 355 357 358 359 2707 2708 2710 [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 2710 ==> 331 332 334 335 359 365 374 546 547 548 679 680 690 691 693 695 698 2708 2709 2711 [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 2711 ==> 329 334 366 367 369 370 371 372 373 530 544 548 2557 2710 2712 [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 2712 ==> 310 311 312 313 316 329 367 2711 2720So, that sort of confirms that the game still thinks the new provinces 2703-2712 are still the old vanilla Baltic provinces, and that it doesn't recognise the "new" provinces added to the end.Code:[map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 3249 ==> NONE [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 3250 ==> NONE [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 3251 ==> NONE [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 3252 ==> NONE [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 3253 ==> NONE [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 3254 ==> NONE [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 3255 ==> NONE [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 3256 ==> NONE [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 3257 ==> NONE [map.cpp:2179]: Adjacencies for 3258 ==> NONE
Given that JSGME method refuses to load at all now, I'm guessing I have a bad entry somewhere, but it's something the Clausewitz validator can't recognise...
I believe it's a bug from the hardcoded parts of the game... so I think the modders can't do anything about it but report it as a bug.
EDIT: No, it isn't! I swapped the first ten sea provinces with the new provinces and it's working perfectly! Here is the download link.
Checksum should be EUXZ. I've had the problem of the game freezing while creating the cache (the loading screen didn't go past Quad 1899 or a CTD), but I opened the mod with the JSGME, let it create the cache and copied it into the mod folder.Code:*
Now the mod is compatible with the mod folder.Swapped a few provinces IDs, not actually necessary. * Fixed the Army Button CTD. * Fixed a few localization errors.
EDIT 2: Sigh, I've tested with 2.13, the problem is that when loading through the mod folder the game doesn't create a proper cache.
Last edited by EliteTK; 13-08-2012 at 06:44.