+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponies? Ponies! v2.0

Royal Equestrian General Onikujo's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Iron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV

I have to give this mod a glowing 10/10.

Not only does it tickle my fancy in terms of being ponies, but it's rather well made and there is a pretty iffy chance you might be rolled by the US if you don't play smart. So far I've avoided a civil war, but the event seems awesome and I hope that it comes up sooner or later, maybe even in my AAR.

10/10 would download again.
    Bucking the Trend - An Equestrian AHD AAR Third Place Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 3) Weekly AAR Showcase-November 18th

Character WritAAR of the Week! 3/10/13

General Laurenz Kunze-Serbanescu in theAhawk's A Federation of "Equals"

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by TheChronoMaster View Post
    Possible idea for an 1861 start?
    The biggest problem I've had with coming up with a scenario for the 1861 start is there are just so many different paths of development that Equestria can take from 1836 to 1861, it seems wrong to choose just one as the "historical" path. So it's still a pretty low priority for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by airpirate View Post
    In PDM there is an event chain similar to the Egyptian Excavations in Crete after you research Revolution and Counter Revolution. My idea is effectively that a pony archeologist finds a Pegasus and possibly Griffin skeleton in Crete during an excavation. The reasoning behind this is that the Pegasus and Griffin both appear in Greek myth and could potentially make the trip to Equestria. This leads to some madness in Equestria about the origins of the Pegasus tribe (Note: that was the sane part) and a particularly jingoist Equestria claims Greece as a rightful part of Equestria . Equestria conquers Greece after some bad relations with the Great Powers and creates a satellite state that has Pegasus primary culture with Greek as accepted. The area attracts Pegasus immigrants from Equestria who want to “return to their homeland” and voila, there are now ponies in Europe (Note: That's the insane part).
    That is insane, and probably should be included in some form or other, because it's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikujo View Post
    I have to give this mod a glowing 10/10.

Not only does it tickle my fancy in terms of being ponies, but it's rather well made and there is a pretty iffy chance you might be rolled by the US if you don't play smart. So far I've avoided a civil war, but the event seems awesome and I hope that it comes up sooner or later, maybe even in my AAR.

10/10 would download again.
    Cool, I was wondering if someone would do an AAR. I'll have to check it out.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by htilden42 View Post
    That is insane, and probably should be included in some form or other, because it's insane.
    The best part is I think it's actually possible to do in game. The only thing I'm unsure about is the Pegasus migration thing, just because there isn't any kind of modifier that effects the migration of specific pops (i.e. either all pops in a province are affected or none are). I think the pops would move just as long as the Greek state has Pegasus primary culture though. It could be something crazy for the player achieve after conquering much of the United States. A bunch of multi-colored ponies invading Europe should start a pretty large war and thus making Greece a colony should be really hard to accomplish. Speaking of, I still think Equestria cores should extend only to the Mississippi after the final war with the USA. Maybe the rest becomes some kind of Autonomous zone of Friendship or some such thing that has a pony primary culture and Yankee as accepted. Or the USA could just be Balkanized to hell and back. I honestly prefer the latter option.
    "You can make an omelet without breaking any eggs; it's just a really bad omelet"
    ~ Stephen Colbert

im praboly going to do a Lets play of this after my STALKER call of Pripyat lp when that day come's wish me luck and hopefull i might even get a mention on EqD (oh and we need a zebra nation after the changling one how hard is it to make a new land mass off the coast of N. Equestria? not a new continant but mabey a large island? aww well what ever.)

A bunch of multi-colored ponies invading Europe should start a pretty large war and thus making Greece a colony should be really hard to accomplish.
    Speaking of "Large War", if you insist on invading the west coast of France to aid your allies, go to the west coast of France with your the majority of your military strength. And when I say "majority" I mean "at least 200,000 with spare transport fleets and men on standby". Another thing I learned, allying with a fellow Great Power or two is not a smart idea.

I, too, may write an AAR when the next update comes out, if anything so I feel motivated enough to go through the whole rigmarole of "Kill America" again. It was fun when all the battles happened, but then I killed everyone and just needed to individually occupy each province, west to east.
    Last edited by chronicfc; 11-07-2012 at 14:23.
    The brave ponies who gave their lives in the Battle of Trois-Rivières live in all of our hearts. They are the true heroes.

so i was thinking you know that ahistarical war between the ottoman's and greece i was talking about? well what if the greekes ask Equestria to join thouge a event and you get the option's to eather interven or not and if you do and win the war greece get's all of modern day greece plus albania and after the war a event happens whare the greek's fearing that without Equestrian troopes nearby the Ottoman's might attake agian thay offer albania as a "Equestrian militarized zone" and if you accepte you get all of albania but negative relations with most if not all of the major power's, For a militant Equestria this could be the jump point for a assault on Europe

The best part is I think it's actually possible to do in game. The only thing I'm unsure about is the Pegasus migration thing, just because there isn't any kind of modifier that effects the migration of specific pops (i.e. either all pops in a province are affected or none are). I think the pops would move just as long as the Greek state has Pegasus primary culture though. It could be something crazy for the player achieve after conquering much of the United States. A bunch of multi-colored ponies invading Europe should start a pretty large war and thus making Greece a colony should be really hard to accomplish. Speaking of, I still think Equestria cores should extend only to the Mississippi after the final war with the USA. Maybe the rest becomes some kind of Autonomous zone of Friendship or some such thing that has a pony primary culture and Yankee as accepted. Or the USA could just be Balkanized to hell and back. I honestly prefer the latter option.
    You could create a core with the event, and attract the pegasus culture to the core in poptypes.txt.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Under what circumstances do the Civil Wars occur, because I am in 1916, and for the past 16 years I have had, every now and then, the event whereby the Unicorn populace becomes more reactionary, and now more fascist. In the 1890s there were several attempted revolutions (both communist and reactionary) but these were all very easy to put down, and now Fascism is gaining some ground, with 9% of the population now being Fascist. Also because of the revolutions we lost the modifier "Harmony", which was several years later replaced by "Discord". Am I on the precipice of a Unicorn civil war?

Also, bug report, my "Build Army" tab no longer works. I can build Navy and build the army very tediously from provinces, but pushing the "Build Army" tab results in a crash. I can't pinpoint when it happened, but it was either in the middle of the Great War or just after. The "Mobilize" function also still works.
    The brave ponies who gave their lives in the Battle of Trois-Rivières live in all of our hearts. They are the true heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChronoMaster View Post
    Possible idea for an 1861 start?
    Equestria in the same place as it is in the normal start, but expanded into the areas one would get to by then, as in the three provinces up for colonisation from the start. Maybe with British Columbia and Sonora+New Mexico, as they can be bought by this point. I also think that the revolutionary Americans have sparked debate within ponydom, with each race having a small number of nationalists, and so they could spark a revolution, either in the way the CSA does by claiming land as it's own state or the way that political movements do, with a traditional revolution.

Also I think there should be an option to "Release" each of these nationalist states, mainly so I can play as the Unicorn state and be purely awesome.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by chronicfc View Post
    Also, bug report, my "Build Army" tab no longer works. I can build Navy and build the army very tediously from provinces, but pushing the "Build Army" tab results in a crash. I can't pinpoint when it happened, but it was either in the middle of the Great War or just after. The "Mobilize" function also still works.
    Did you download the quickfix? As far as we can tell, the problem is caused by one of the provinces not being defined in the continents.txt file. Specifically province 3258 Featherston. Once there's a soldier POP there that's big enough to recruit, the Build Army tab can't find it (because it's not defined), so it just crashes. See this post.

Under what circumstances do the Civil Wars occur, because I am in 1916, and for the past 16 years I have had, every now and then, the event whereby the Unicorn populace becomes more reactionary, and now more fascist. In the 1890s there were several attempted revolutions (both communist and reactionary) but these were all very easy to put down, and now Fascism is gaining some ground, with 9% of the population now being Fascist. Also because of the revolutions we lost the modifier "Harmony", which was several years later replaced by "Discord". Am I on the precipice of a Unicorn civil war?
    Probably. Have you gotten the event that give the Pony nations cores yet?
    If not, and you're actually wanting to fight a civil war, open the console and type 'event 96050'. That'll enable the cores for the breakaway states. 'event 96002' is the actual secession event, if you want to speed things along.
    Given the way the soldier POPs are spread out, a Unicorn civil war shouldn't be too difficult, given most soldiers tend to be Earth Ponies or Pegasi.

Equestria in the same place as it is in the normal start, but expanded into the areas one would get to by then, as in the three provinces up for colonisation from the start. Maybe with British Columbia and Sonora+New Mexico, as they can be bought by this point. I also think that the revolutionary Americans have sparked debate within ponydom, with each race having a small number of nationalists, and so they could spark a revolution, either in the way the CSA does by claiming land as it's own state or the way that political movements do, with a traditional revolution.
    Maybe. I'm not sure, though.
    The most recent changes I've made makes it so the United States will always grab Oregon, Washington, and the rest of Idaho before Equestria makes it to GP/SP status. But things are also set up so that the Griffins start complaining and becoming part of Equestria by the 1850s (probably). I'll have to do some trial runs and see how far I get (I play pretty conservatively most of the time) and maybe use that as a benchmark.
    Probably Equestria+Pacific Northwest+maybe Sonora and New Mexico, but with low levels of Pony POPs to reflect their recently-acquired status.

so the US will all way's take Oregon and washington? our is that becose you play conservatev? i still thing Brittish columbia shuld be the changling state

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno132 View Post
    so the US will all way's take Oregon and washington? our is that becose you play conservatev? i still thing Brittish columbia shuld be the changling state
    It's because Equestria's getting nerfed quite a bit and thus takes a bit longer to get to SP and GP status. The idea is that Equestria would not be on the same level as the west after only (I think) 20 years of contact and thus is getting its tech severely nerfed to keep it from becoming a great power in a year. I originally campaigns to make Equestria an unciv at the start, but that was shot down. Honestly, making it a lower level civ is probably better anyway. Equestria should still be an easy great power though; it will just take a bit longer.
    Last edited by airpirate; 20-07-2012 at 00:07. Reason: weird nonsense
    "You can make an omelet without breaking any eggs; it's just a really bad omelet"
    ~ Stephen Colbert

Could I just replace my Equestria 2.12 with 2.13 and still be able to continue the save game?

Could I just replace my Equestria 2.12 with 2.13 and still be able to continue the save game?
    Probably. The changes from 2.12 to 2.13 were fairly minor, so there still shouldn't be any problem.
    You'll still need to download the quickfix.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

This mod really is lovely, it's a shame it doesn't work with PDM. 10/10 and here's hoping to see more great stuff in the future!

I think I'll keep my version as-is. I love NovaCoru's original mod and this one just adds so much crap to it it's almost unbearable. Though I'll put up with it because I can finally take Washington and Oregon from the US without a war.

hay when do you get the manefest destany is it after the US uses thar's or after a set time? becose the US has used ther manifest destany but i dont have mine yet and the year is 1845

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno132 View Post
    Hay when do you get the Manefest Destiny? Is it after the US uses theirs or after a set time? Because the US has used their Manifest Destiny but I don't have mine yet and the year is 1845.
    You have to have already enacted the Equestrian Empire decision and have at least 200 prestige.
    Also, you have to have both the Romanticism and Nationalism and Imperialism technologies researched, and have discovered the Manifest Destiny invention. Also, your government has to be either:
    A) an Absolute Monarchy or Prussian Constitutionalism,
    B) a Democracy or HMs Government with a ruling party that supports Jingoism, and have 30% of the population think Jingoism is important or
    C) any dictatorship with Jingoism as your war policy

Quote Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
    This mod really is lovely, it's a shame it doesn't work with PDM. 10/10 and here's hoping to see more great stuff in the future!
    Hey, thanks. Getting this mod compatible with PDM is one of my priorities for the next update, so keep an eye out for that.

ah im mising the prestige

Looking at the pictures in Onikujo's AAR I noticed that when I started up the mod I didn't see any of the map name changes (ie ponyville, canterlot, etc). Now I deleted the map cache like I was supposed to but why didn't the names change to the Equestrian ones? Also I didn't get the "A Brief History" text/event when I started the game as Equestria. I don't know if this is related or not.

I would really like to play the mod in full so any help would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast