+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponies? Ponies! v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by htilden42 View Post
    And PDM's you know, a team, and while this is just me and my word processor.
    You, a word processor, and a dream :P A bizarre, unique little dream, but a dream none the less
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    Suck up :P
    Oh come on, I didn't exaggerate PDM's quality THAT much.
    "You can make an omelet without breaking any eggs; it's just a really bad omelet"
    ~ Stephen Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno132 View Post
    what is PDM?
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...POP-Demand-Mod

Very good mod. Adds a lot and I can't imagine playing Victoria II without it.

Quote Originally Posted by airpirate View Post
    Well, it's not ONLY the ponies that do it. Equestria is put into an interesting position, and there's something about wiping out the USA that, especially as a race of multi-colored ponies, is uniquely satisfying.

Well, we all certainly do love giving America what for, especially after breaking off from the Empire and Commonwealth, the bastards.

Not that I'm bitter, despite my nation now consisting of a small Island and a collection of sheep farmers off the coast of Argentina.

Incidentally is PP compatible with PDM? Or would I have to use JSGME to alternate between mods?

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by chronicfc View Post
    Incidentally is PP compatible with PDM? Or would I have to use JSGME to alternate between mods?
    Not yet. I'm probably going to do a PDM-compatable version with the next major update.

Not yet. I'm probably going to do a PDM-compatable version with the next major update.
    That would be awesome, if PDM is as great as everyone said it is. So would it just require installing both mods the same way we install PP? Also any idea when that is gonna be?

Well, we all certainly do love giving America what for, especially after breaking off from the Empire and Commonwealth, the bastards.
    America was racist as all hell back then. It deserves getting its head smashed in for what it did to my people.

That would be awesome, if PDM is as great as everyone said it is. So would it just require installing both mods the same way we install PP? Also any idea when that is gonna be?
    If htilden makes it a dependency mod (which would be massively easier for him than attempting to combine the two) then you'd use both via the mod folder.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Gooding View Post
    America was racist as all hell back then. It deserves getting its head smashed in for what it did to my people.
    Yeah, I did seem to notice that, in this era, according to Vic 2, anyway, Slavery was illegal almost everywhere except in America. And then of course there is Manifest Destiny, "We deserve this land because we are better than you."

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If htilden makes it a dependency mod (which would be massively easier for him than attempting to combine the two) then you'd use both via the mod folder.
    Looking through PDM, I'm going to have to do some tweaking with certain files: eg both PDM and this mod make changes to provinces.bmp (luckily on opposite sides of the map).

However, I can't seem to get the mod folder set up to work properly. The game loads perfectly fine, but the map ends up looking like this:

And it crashes when I try to actually start the game (which makes sense, given there's these giant gaping holes in the map).
    I'm guessing it might have something to do with the default.map file; those holes match up with the ten provinces that I added, but why it's doing this, I'm not sure, because it works perfectly fine with JSGME.

I'm setting up the .mod file like this
    Code:
    name = "Ponies? Ponies!"
    path = "mod/Equestria2.2"
    replace_path = "map"
    user_dir = "Equestria2.2"

Don't use replace path. If you have items in the map folder, they'll overwrite anyway. If you use replace path, then any file that exists in the actual V2 map folder which hasn't been added into PP's will not be loaded.

I managed to get around the army tab CTD by making soldiers a state capital only pop. Maybe it's an issue with the new provinces in the map?

EDIT: Found the problem! Province 3258 (Featherston) doesn't belong to any continent, so the game wouldn't find it in the army tab when it got 1k soldiers. It's also missing from the climate file, so better fix it before any other bug appears.
    Last edited by EliteTK; 23-06-2012 at 01:40.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteTK View Post
    EDIT: Found the problem! Province 3258 (Featherston) doesn't belong to any continent, so the game wouldn't find it in the army tab when it got 1k soldiers. It's also missing from the climate file, so better fix it before any other bug appears.
    Huh, would've never have guessed that. It probably merits a quickfix.

Don't use replace path. If you have items in the map folder, they'll overwrite anyway. If you use replace path, then any file that exists in the actual V2 map folder which hasn't been added into PP's will not be loaded.
    I figured as much, so I copied all the files from the vanilla map directory into the mod map folder. Doesn't seem to make much difference.

I'm guessing that the .mod file and folder setup just can't handle a mod that adds new provinces, given that it works perfectly fine with JSGME.

And this would explain why if you attempt an 1861 game, the province is blank, or if you try to load an old game, the province is blank.

I figured as much, so I copied all the files from the vanilla map directory into the mod map folder. Doesn't seem to make much difference.

I'm guessing that the .mod file and folder setup just can't handle a mod that adds new provinces, given that it works perfectly fine with JSGME.
    Hmmm, I'm pretty sure we added some new provinces and got away with it - tho there definitely have been file-specific errors in the map folder when used via modfiles before.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure we added some new provinces and got away with it - tho there definitely have been file-specific errors in the map folder when used via modfiles before.
    I've done some reading on the forum, and it seems others who tried to add provinces to a mod with a .mod file have been having the same problem ever since AHD. I'm fairly sure then that it's not my fault. Given that the mod does work with JSGME, I'll drop the issue for now.

Though, not having moddir support will make the process of creating a PDM-compatible version...interesting, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by AFoA View Post
    And this would explain why if you attempt an 1861 game, the province is blank, or if you try to load an old game, the province is blank.
    The 1861 scenario isn't supported as of the most recent version. As far as I know, you can't even play as Equestria in 1861 because all the provinces are owned by the United States. And that problem has to do with PROV3248 not being defined in a continent, not with the .mod file setup (because 2.13 doesn't have a .mod file setup). See

Found another problem. The Repeal the Immigration Act decision never goes away. If the AI ever got this decision it'd be a major problem, but for me it's just a way to endlessly give myself prestige and relationship points.

Is there a set time limit or specific scenario which sets off a Griffon/Buffalo equal rights movement?

I'm around 15+ years into it and they haven't said a thing, bar from a sign language event and rising tensions between Earth and Buffalo ponies in a province.

Also will either be able to become an accepted culture?

EDIT: Never mind, got it eventually in 1865, a landmark year for all of Ponydom. Also the year we bought British Colombia and America became an Anarcho-Liberal bourgeois dictatorship.
    Last edited by chronicfc; 25-06-2012 at 00:53.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast