• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheGoldElite

Corporal
37 Badges
Apr 25, 2012
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
Hey, I'm new here as you know, but I just wanted to say it was a nice touch I found in game when I beat up the Aztecs, that they had soooo much money :D Is this in every game played, or I was I just lucky? 2012-04-28_00001.jpg

I haven't taken any of their land yet, worth a steal?

It's common enough; backwards nations with reasonable economies and nothing to spend their money on will just stockpile it until Nurgle gets clean... or until someone with better ideas for their money thumps them on the head.

Yeah it's common. That's why it can often be a good idea to protect Inca/Aztecs if you don't plan on conquering them. Just go to war for ducats every now and then but never take any provinces.

Yeah it's common. That's why it can often be a good idea to protect Inca/Aztecs if you don't plan on conquering them. Just go to war for ducats every now and then but never take any provinces.
You do need to take provinces to protect them from other colonizers. My advice would be to take everything but the gold provinces so that they are surrounded (protected by you) and have the ability to pay up every 10 years or so.

You do need to take provinces to protect them from other colonizers. My advice would be to take everything but the gold provinces so that they are surrounded (protected by you) and have the ability to pay up every 10 years or so.

seems like good advice. I took all the inca gold provinces for myself but their income sucks really

seems like good advice. I took all the inca gold provinces for myself but their income sucks really
The Incans get production income whereas you get tariffs. This also adds to your burden to keep up the # of big ships. Much better to let the Incans have the gold, since they can spit out the ducats without suffering from the 50% tariff penalty.

In what year and is this doable on regular basis like taking thousands of gold from the incas in the early game?

You aren't going to get that high very often but if the wrong faction is in charge (fairly frequently) the ai china has nothing to spend on so the ducats keep piling up. Also, since China generally has a much greater income than the Incas you aren't as heavily restricted in how much you can demand (if playing the most recent patch where the peace cost for gold was scaled to the income).

if you`re the first european to get to them and they are big you can get 100 for each point of warscore-if you`re already rich, take 17 provinces instead-you can only do this once though with ming, since their neighbours will pile in afterwards-i usually get to their western border around 1550, by snaking through the hordes.....

if you`re the first european to get to them and they are big you can get 100 for each point of warscore-if you`re already rich, take 17 provinces instead-you can only do this once though with ming, since their neighbours will pile in afterwards-i usually get to their western border around 1550, by snaking through the hordes.....
It's much more worth it to take India first, since it has much more rich provinces.

Well Im a bit thinly stretch right now to be taking on big nations. I got the aztecs again for another 2k, with 100 warscore, this is fun lol. also I took the island off the south cost of india, should be good for a future base, I'll be sure to raid the mainland for prestige and tradition :D Maybe I'll give the cherokee another whack while I'm at peacetime with the major powers :D.

Is my fleet in danger of becoming outdated, its still the largest, but not made of new ships, will this be a mjor problem, I could maybe use the money I got to modernize the navy? disband old units and build new?

A new fleet is worthwhile but don't disband the old ships, use them for pirate control (by stationing one in ports every ~3 seazones, depending on the size of the zone) and to make sure you keep tariffs at 100%. Only destroy any extra once you've got all of that covered.

Does anyone know how the amount of money you can take in a peace deal is decided? I often see the amount go down during the war, the more enemy provinces I occupy, the less money I can demand. I can't see much logic behind that..