+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aztec gold :D

Aztec gold :D

Hey, I'm new here as you know, but I just wanted to say it was a nice touch I found in game when I beat up the Aztecs, that they had soooo much money Is this in every game played, or I was I just lucky? Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-28_00001.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	53309

I haven't taken any of their land yet, worth a steal?

EU3 CompleteDivine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Inca's have too
    "We do not surrender, we win or die" ~Omar Al-Mukhtār

"I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep" ~Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Romania - just beyond the edge of the map.
    It's common enough; backwards nations with reasonable economies and nothing to spend their money on will just stockpile it until Nurgle gets clean... or until someone with better ideas for their money thumps them on the head.
    The perversity of the universe always tends toward a maximum Finagle's Law
    If it's worth fighting for, it's worth fighting dirty for Murphy's Laws of Military Operations
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity Hanlon's Razor
    Never attribute to goodness that which is adequately explained by intelligence My corolarry

Lots of African nations have that too.

I've taken thousands from Kongo

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    That's basically what the RL conquistador felt when they went there.

LAUDS AH MONEY!
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Yeah it's common. That's why it can often be a good idea to protect Inca/Aztecs if you don't plan on conquering them. Just go to war for ducats every now and then but never take any provinces.

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

its possible to take 9k from ming in one peace deal.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zzzzz... View Post

LAUDS AH MONEY!
    followed by crippling inflation....

On Probation
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by gela1212 View Post
    Yeah it's common. That's why it can often be a good idea to protect Inca/Aztecs if you don't plan on conquering them. Just go to war for ducats every now and then but never take any provinces.
    You do need to take provinces to protect them from other colonizers. My advice would be to take everything but the gold provinces so that they are surrounded (protected by you) and have the ability to pay up every 10 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ywhtptgtfo View Post
    You do need to take provinces to protect them from other colonizers. My advice would be to take everything but the gold provinces so that they are surrounded (protected by you) and have the ability to pay up every 10 years or so.
    seems like good advice. I took all the inca gold provinces for myself but their income sucks really
    I resent any "science" which tells me I can't have my cake and eat it. I am however a huge fan of quantum physics.

"So while Libya should have done much better, i think they did quite well with Gaddafi." - Klausewitz

On Probation

Quote Originally Posted by Jos de trol View Post
    seems like good advice. I took all the inca gold provinces for myself but their income sucks really
    The Incans get production income whereas you get tariffs. This also adds to your burden to keep up the # of big ships. Much better to let the Incans have the gold, since they can spit out the ducats without suffering from the 50% tariff penalty.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by simon chatfield View Post
    In what year and is this doable on regular basis like taking thousands of gold from the incas in the early game?
    Please developers make the German flag prettier, the graphics looks like crap compared to the Brandenburg, Prussian or similar Aachen flag.

http://eu4wiki.com/Europa_Universalis_4_Wiki

On Probation

Most people'd be swimming in gold by the time they get to Ming... that's unless you start as an Asian country.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmann View Post
    In what year and is this doable on regular basis like taking thousands of gold from the incas in the early game?
    You aren't going to get that high very often but if the wrong faction is in charge (fairly frequently) the ai china has nothing to spend on so the ducats keep piling up. Also, since China generally has a much greater income than the Incas you aren't as heavily restricted in how much you can demand (if playing the most recent patch where the peace cost for gold was scaled to the income).

if you`re the first european to get to them and they are big you can get 100 for each point of warscore-if you`re already rich, take 17 provinces instead-you can only do this once though with ming, since their neighbours will pile in afterwards-i usually get to their western border around 1550, by snaking through the hordes.....

On Probation

if you`re the first european to get to them and they are big you can get 100 for each point of warscore-if you`re already rich, take 17 provinces instead-you can only do this once though with ming, since their neighbours will pile in afterwards-i usually get to their western border around 1550, by snaking through the hordes.....
    It's much more worth it to take India first, since it has much more rich provinces.

Well Im a bit thinly stretch right now to be taking on big nations. I got the aztecs again for another 2k, with 100 warscore, this is fun lol. also I took the island off the south cost of india, should be good for a future base, I'll be sure to raid the mainland for prestige and tradition Maybe I'll give the cherokee another whack while I'm at peacetime with the major powers .

Is my fleet in danger of becoming outdated, its still the largest, but not made of new ships, will this be a mjor problem, I could maybe use the money I got to modernize the navy? disband old units and build new?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Zzzzz... View Post

LAUDS AH MONEY!
    Lods OF emone!

:P
    Worst WritAAR series:
    Saruhan-Annexed
    Avignon-Annexed
    Genoa- Done.................for now
    Ottomans- Dead (to lazy)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

A new fleet is worthwhile but don't disband the old ships, use them for pirate control (by stationing one in ports every ~3 seazones, depending on the size of the zone) and to make sure you keep tariffs at 100%. Only destroy any extra once you've got all of that covered.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Does anyone know how the amount of money you can take in a peace deal is decided? I often see the amount go down during the war, the more enemy provinces I occupy, the less money I can demand. I can't see much logic behind that..
    It's spelled you, not u.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast