• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello there.

Reminder: The deadline is today. Any orders sent after this day will be ignored, provided that I receive a sufficient number of order sets to actually be able to write an update (which I at the moment have not). Please note that I go by GMT+2 (it is apparently summer-time), so it does not matter if it is still Friday for you but Saturday for me. I go by my own time, and my own time only.

EDIT: I currently have orders for: Crimea Ryvuhr, Shenzhou, Shofixti, Alkaterian Empire, Merchanos, Gallic Empire, Union of Communes, and Brotherhood of the Stars (8/14)

Hello! May I join?

As we have lost some players: Yes. But do note that if I do not receive orders before the end of a deadline, then your nation will be ignored.

Here is a list of viable NPCs:

Kalji Empire
Terran Ascendancy
Kjell-Mora Corporation
Empire of Wyoming

Here is a list of more minor, but still playable, NPCs. As well as NPCs that might be difficult to play due to their precarious predicament:

Purian Hierarchy
Great Tiě
Nitheim Resurgence
Galan Rim Union
Union of Central American Nations
United Councils of Farinenion (Farunenion)

Last edited:
EDIT: I shall be removing ground forces after this turn. I have come to realise that they are pointless. The monetary value of the ground forces will be added to the bank of their respective owners.

Hmm, all these nations seem to be in a bit of a pickle. I think I'll be Wyoming as they seem to have a dark past. I'll begin my orders now.

Hello my avatar twin!

Sorry, but you will be entering the game the turn after this one. Too much stuff has already been put into order regarding Wyoming already.

Last edited:
Important new rule: I have tried to not do this, but I am given no choice: Orders can be no longer than two sentences, or two lines. Any longer will be ignored. This is to allow me to remain sane.

Each of the 5 orders can be no longer than two lines, or the whole thing can be no longer than 2 lines?

Each order.
This includes both regular orders as well as unit orders.

President Maric with approval of the Setan Assembly officially declares war on the Human-Sandhana Republic for its aggression against the Empire of Wyoming. We approached the H-S Republic with fair overtures of peace but they were refused. Further more their attempts of shaming the Empire of Wyoming through offers of bribes leaves the Setan Republic and its allies no choice but to remove the threat that the H-S Republic poses toward interstellar peace.

Reminder: Deadline is in 36 minutes. After that, I will not be very inclined to accept orders. I will most likely post the update shortly after the deadline.

EDIT: I can wait for the Setans and the HSR, but after that...

Last edited:
empirewyomingstarsmall.png

The Empire of Wyoming

The Empire of Wyoming hereby formally declares that there now exists a state of war between Wyoming and the Human-Sandhana Republic. It is a sad fact that it has come to a war, but we feel that the expansionistic Human-Sandhana must be contained.

- Charles I of the House of Shepherd, Emperor of Wyoming; King of Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Minnesota; Protector of Kansas; Defender of the Dakota; Duke of Cheyenne, the Dakotahs, Topeka, Lincoln, Provo, Fremont, Campbell; Count of Yellowstone, Helena, Boise, Sweetwater, Lincoln, Johnson; Baron of Brennenburg, Converse, Laramie, Platten, Park, Tetton, Uinta, Washakie

Early Interstellar History of Setan Civilization - Chapter I

mars_colony.jpg

Admiral Valchek's arrival into the system known now as Blue Diamond was a watershed moment in the history of the Setan people. Marking the first steps of Setans onto the interstellar frontier it presented incredible opportunities and dramatic obstacles. Blue Heaven's settlement was peaceful and experienced few problems in the first five years of its existence but quickly the inability of the Blues to participate in the political process challenged the status quo of the Assembly. Initially the Assembly planned for a non-coercive zone unified and governed by a confederation of system wide democratic libertarian assemblies but a new generation of political leaders rejected the conservative vision and instead presented their design, a Republic, with all the rights of Setan protected by a constitution with the goal of expanding as far and wide as possible.

Netios Franceis spearheaded the Republican movement and having obtained the backing of the masses was elected the last speaker of the assembly. The Republic was declared shortly afterward and Franceis was elected as the first President of the Setans. Setan expansion had been tepid at the most since the settlement of Blue Diamond but Franceis spent trillions on colonization expeditions to the surrounding star systems. Only in two of the first wave of systems were other sentient life discovered, the Pril, of the Anchorhead system and the humans of the Kurwil system. The Pril served mostly as soldiers for the Imperium and Pril had always been their home system but with the collapse of the Empire they grew divided between warring clans fighting over a destitute world, when the Setan fleet arrive they were more than willing to accept the Republic's help in exchange for joining the Setans. The Humans of Kurwil had digressed into a fossil fuel based civilization and were dominated by giant international corporations who terrorized the populace. Franceis ruthlessly eradicated the corporations in return gained the favor of the Kurwilians but his interventionist policies garnered opposition from some who clung to the ideals of the Assembly that rejected intervention in the private affairs of other worlds. Altogether five billion sentient beings were made citizens of the Republic further strengthening the progression of Seta toward the stars.

Franceis served for five years, one term, before he retired from politics setting a tradition for consuls. His policies however were continued by his two successors Philips and Royce who pushed the boundaries of Setan space until it reached the first interstellar power contacted by the young Republic. The ten years that followed Franceis's term marked lighting fast expansion but left the new colonies to develop slowly given the drain of population from the core worlds but currently the growth of sovereignty has stopped and so billions are busy developing their local economies making as money as they can from the vast wealth of natural resources left to them by centuries of abandonment.

It is most unfortunate that the opportunistic and warmongering Wyoming have rejected peace. We have offered you everything from money to joint ownership of the system, yet you are determined to drag us to war.

We hope that the Setans will see sense and help a fellow democracy destroy an oppressive dictatorship. Together we can liberate the people of Wyoming and provide them with free and democratic rule.

It is most unfortunate that the opportunistic and warmongering Wyoming have rejected peace. We have offered you everything from money to joint ownership of the system, yet you are determined to drag us to war.

We hope that the Setans will see sense and help a fellow democracy destroy an oppressive dictatorship. Together we can liberate the people of Wyoming and provide them with free and democratic rule.

We are gravely offended by this statement, though it is no surprise that the warmongering Human-Sandhana would make it. True to form, they also offer bribes to honourable nations, offering to partition our fair nation. We have only this to say to warmongerers like you: Seek not to bar our way, for we shall win through, no matter the cost!

We are gravely offended by this statement, though it is no surprise that the warmongering Human-Sandhana would make it. True to form, they also offer bribes to honourable nations, offering to partition our fair nation. We have only this to say to warmongerers like you: Seek not to bar our way, for we shall win through, no matter the cost!

What do you have to support your claim over G3? You have never even landed on the system, never mind settled on it. It is quite clear that you are the warmonger. You have rejected our attempts to ensure peace and you try to conquer a system which you have no claim over.

What do you have to support your claim over G3? You have never even landed on the system, never mind settled on it. It is quite clear that you are the warmonger. You have rejected our attempts to ensure peace and you try to conquer a system which you have no claim over.

We have landed on it, to say otherwise would ignore reality. However, we have been unable to properly settle in New Fermont (G3) due to the fact that Human-Sandhana settlers and military forces barred our subjects from doing so. We are not at fault for defending what is ours. We would say that our claim is more legitimate than the claim of an expansionist who, like locusts, strive to claim as many worlds as possible, as fast as possible. This is easy for all to view due to the state that G3 is in.

We have landed on it, to say otherwise would ignore reality. However, we have been unable to properly settle in New Fermont (G3) due to the fact that Human-Sandhana settlers and military forces barred our subjects from doing so. We are not at fault for defending what is ours. We would say that our claim is more legitimate than the claim of an expansionist who, like locusts, strive to claim as many worlds as possible, as fast as possible. This is easy for all to view due to the state that G3 is in.

We have expanded no further than anyone else. In fact we have actually settled less than the Setans and we expanded no further from our capital than they have. Lastly, we offered you joint ownership over the system. It is yourself that has barred your subjects from settling in the system.

Last edited:

The Gallic Empire embarked on a massive programme of military expansion, wary of Crimean ambitions. [+1 Colony Flotilla to Gallic Empire at C5 in 1 turn. +6 Medium Ships to Gallic Empire at C5 in 1 turn. +5 Light Ships to Gallic Empire at C5 in 1 turn. +150,000 Regulars to Gallic Empire at C5. -270 credits from Gallic Empire]

The Gallic Empire also started a slow reversal of the internal oppression, allowing a small number of dissidents to return from exile. Many people were unconvinced.

The announced merging of the Order of Divine Light with the Gallic Empire to create the Divine Gallic Empire was met with applause by the Gauls, seeing as it was dominated by the Gallic Empire. Unfortunately, this was not accepted by many in the Order of Divine Light, who saw it as being sold out by heretics to heretics. This was not helped by the Divine Gallic Empire recognising Farunena claims on D5 and relinquishing all control of the system to Farunenion.
Seeing the tensions, the Gallic Empire still went ahead with their plans to contact the state that was, according to the rumours, located in E3. Still backfired spectacularly, and all underlying tensions made an explosive entrance upon the galactic scene.
The Order fleet stationed in D1 intercepted and attacked the 2 Gallic Light Ships. The Gallic ships demonstrated impressive skills in tactics and maneuver warfare, but being outnumbered and cut off their fate was sealed. [-2 Light Ships from Divine Gallic Empire. -4 Light Ships from Order of Divine Light]

Following this incident, a part of the administration of the Order of Divine Light declared independence from the Divine Gallic Empire. They called themselves the "Loyalists", unwilling to submit to the heretical Gallic Empire and instead serving the rightful Emperor of the Imperium of Manx. Those loyal to the Gallic Empire were concentrated in D9, which was fiercely contested by ODL Loyalist forces, and Gallic Loyalist forces.

In less violent news, the Gallic Empire resolved its long-standing dispute with the Great Tiě, agreeing to divide the disputed region along the line of actual control.

Crimea Ryvuhr started off the year by improving the poor administration in its colonies, managing to fully effectivise the administration in New Ryvuhr. Also, to improve Crimean ship producing capability, several new shipyards and related industrial facilities started construction at New Ryvuhr.[+50% administrative efficiency to C9. +2 industry at C9 in 1 turn. -60 credits from Crimea Ryvuhr]

Crimea also started a naval expansion programme, laying down the hulls of three new heavy ships and one light ship in Býg Ryvuhr.[+3 Heavy Ships to Crimea Ryvuhr at C7 in 2 turns. +1 Light Ship to Crimea Ryvuhr at C7 in 1 turn. -100 credits from Crimea Ryvuhr]

The Crimeans shuffled around some of their military forces, loading up 30,000 Regulars in a Troop Ship at C8 and sending them to C14, as well as moving over 3 light ships and 1 medium ship from C14 to C8.

Protectorate remnants in C8 were swiftly hunted down and crushed by the Crimean military.
In C14, Crimean troops advanced upon major Protectorate population centres. Despite outnumbering Protectorate forces, the fact that the UP had the defensive advantage – entrenched as they were in the cities – allowed them to match Crimean troops, and even repulse them. The fierce urban combat caused many casualties on both sides, but eventually the Crimeans had to pull back, only managing to secure a few cities, all of them relatively unimportant. [-10,000 Regulars from Crimea Ryvuhr]

Following the acceptance of Merchanos into the Trade Order as an observer, the Merchantians attempted to raise relations with the other Traders. While the Nitheim Resurgence remained skeptical, the relations with the Galan Rim Union became much friendlier, breaking the indifferent attitude of Galan.
The Merchantian year continued with the construction of three flotillas. [+3 Colony Flotillas to Merchanos at F4 in 1 turn. -120 credits from Merchanos]

True to their dedication to science, Merchanos pushed funds into the improvement of weapons, armour, and FTL. [+1 Level in FTL to Merchanos in 3 turns. +1 Space forces Level to Merchanos in 2 turns. -250 credits from Merchanos]

The signing of the Merchantian-Farunena Treaty of Friendship was a great boon to trade. Unfortunately, the abandonment of Merchantian claims on D5 left many Merchantian citizens in the territory of a foreign nation. [+15 trade points to Merchanos]

The Union of Communes on the other hand, constructed a massive number of new ships. [+3 Colony Flotillas to UC at E6 in 1 turn. +10 Medium Ships to UC at E6 in 1 turn. -320 credits from Union of Communes]
The UC also recruited more troops for their defence force. [+20,000 Regulars to UC at E6 in 1 turn. -8 credits from Union of Communes]

Furthermore, funds were pushed into researching new FTL. [+1 Level in FTL to UC in 1 turn. -50 credits from Union of Communes]

In other news, the UC also sent out their colony flotilla to E9.

The Empire of Shenzhou started off the year by signing the Treaty of Aluxia, along with the Aluxian Descendants and the Brotherhood of the Stars. [+45 trade points to Shenzhou]

Due to Shenzhouese concerns about Brotherhood sincerity regarding peace, especially due to the apparent anti-monarchial stance of the Brotherhood, a massive expansion of the military was undertaken. [+1 Medium Ships to Shenzhou at I7 in 1 turn. +2 Light Ships to Shenzhou at I7 in 1 turn. -40 credits from Shenzhou]

New colony flotillas were also cobbled together, in anticipation of the expedition to colonise the unclaimed Shenzhou backyard. [+1 Colony Flotilla to Shenzhou at I7 in 1 turn. +1 Colony Flotilla to Shenzhou at I9 in 1 turn. +1 Colony Flotilla to Shenzhou at J1 in 1 turn. -120 credits from Shenzhou]

The Empire of Shenzhou also began research into improving their FTL technology. [+1 Level in FTL to Shenzhou in 2 turns. -100 credits from Shenzhou]

Shenzhou also improved the communication and transportation in all of its systems. [+1 Infrastructure to Shenzhou in 2 turns. -80 credits from Shenzhou]

In other notes, Shenzhouese exploration ships were sent out from Jiuzhou to the systems I6, I8, I10 and J2. Initial reports from these exploration ships showed that I6 was a Very Valuable and Medium sized system. I8 was a Very Valuable and Large sized system. I10 was a Worthless, but Huge system, and J2 was a Worthless but Large system. [I6 is a L5/L3 system. I8 is a L5/L4 system. I10 is a L1/L5 system. J2 is a L1/L4 system]
At J2, the Shenzhou exploration ship encountered a Gerdutch scout ship, doing the exact same thing that its Shenzhouese counterpart was doing.

Furthermore, the small border patrol at Shanhai was withdrawn to the fleet headquarters in Jiuzhou.

The Brotherhood of the Stars recruited new troops from the local population in K4. [+10,000 Regulars to Brotherhood at K4 in 2 turns. -4 credits from Brotherhood]
The Brotherhood also pushed funds towards improving their space forces. [+1 level in Space forces to Brotherhood in 1 turn. -50 credits from Brotherhood]
The rest of the Brotherhood treasury was spent building up a massive fleet of light ships. [+11 Light Ships to Brotherhood at I3 in 1 turn. -110 credits from Brotherhood]
The Brotherhood propaganda machine produced a series of videos in which the protagonist defends his home and family from aliens with a suspiciously heavy resemblance to Shofixti. [+1 Stability to Brotherhood]

The Shofixti attempted to push through several reforms to increase administrative efficiency in the Empire. However, it ended up a near-total failure. [+10% Administrative Efficiency to K8. -5 credits from Shofixti]

Due to the ongoing war, construction proceeded on a plethora of new starships. [+2 Troopships to Shofixti at K7 in 1 turn. +3 Medium Ships to Shofixti at K7 in 1 turn. +8 Light Ships to Shofixti at K7 in 1 turn. -160 credits from Shofixti]

Despite not being involved in any active conflicts, the Alkaterian Empire nevertheless expanded its fleet by repairing the systems onboard the "Flag of the Overseer" Ganza-class Dreadnought. [+1 Dreadnought to Alkaterian Empire at K11 in 4 turns. -100 credits from Alkaterian Empire]

The Alkaterians also laid down a lot of resources on repairing and reactivating systems in their ships. [+1 Level in Space Tech to Alkaterian Empire in 3 turns. -150 credits from Alkaterian Empire]

The Alkaterian Empire also cracked down on corruption and general administrative inefficiency to great effect. [+20% Administrative Efficiency to K12. +40% Administrative Efficiency to K10. -20 credits from Alkaterian Empire]

Furthermore, the Alkaterians called a Military Council with all the top men of the Alkaterian military to determine a response to the dispute at J10. While there were the jingoists and expansionists who wanted to go to war with the KMC, the general conclusion was that such a useless system as J10 was not worth going to war over, despite the fact that it could be useful as a buffer. It was also suggested that Alkaterians living in J10 should be encouraged to move back into Alkaterian space.

Quite some shuffling of the Alkaterian forces was done. An Alkaterian Light Ship was transferred from K11 to K10 for the purpose of properly exploring the system, and a small force of 1 Medium Ship and 2 Light Ships was moved from K13 to K1.

The Black Bloc started construction on one Heavy Ship, and expanded its industry. [+1 Heavy Ship to Black Bloc at L8 in 2 turns. +1 Industry at L9. +1 Industry at L10. +1 Industry at L11. -60 credits from Black Bloc]
Population increased in the newly-colonised systems of the Black Bloc slightly. [+1 Population to L9. +1 Population to L11]

Unbeknownst to the Purians, the Black Bloc also set-up intelligence operations in L4, spying on Purian troop and fleet movements. Unfortunately, this was discovered by the Purians, greatly worsening relations between the two. Before that though, the Black Bloc managed to uncover the strength of the Purian fleets at L7 and L4. In L4, the Purians had stationed 2 Light Ships and 1 Medium Ship. In L7 on the other hand, the Purians had stationed about 12 Light Ships, 4 Medium Ships, and 1 Heavy Ship.

The Black Bloc sent out explorers to L12 and L13. They discovered that L13 was a Normal-valued, but Small system, and that L12 was a Very Valuable but Medium-sized system. [L13 is a L3/L2 system. L12 is a L5/L3 system]
In other news, a Black Bloc scouting ship had an accident with its FTL drive. It was at that time docked at a Purian port in L7. The resulting explosion destroyed the port and caused collateral damage on the surrounding structures and people. This infuriated the Purian Hierarchy, who then refused to sign the proposed trade treaty and demanded reparations for the damages caused. [-1 Light Ship from Black Bloc]

Gerdutch renewed their trade treaty with the KMC, and started construction of a new colony flotilla to settle J2. [+90 trade points to Gerdutch. +1 Colony Flotilla to Gerdutch at J3 in 1 turn. -40 credits from Gerdutch]

They also pushed funds into researching advanced FTL, as well as propaganda highlighting the prosperous relationship with the KMC, and painting the Alkaterian Empire in a bad light. [+1 level in FTL to Gerdutch in 2 turns. +1 Stability to Gerdutch. -100 credits from Gerdutch]

They also sent out a light ship to scout out J2. Arriving there, they came into contact with a Shenzhou light ship doing the same exact thing. [J2 is a L1/L4 system]

The Imperium of Manx signed a treaty of mutual trade, cooperation, and alliance with the Great Tiě. [+10 trade points to Imperium of Manx]
The Imperium of Manx built out its already occupied systems. [+20% administrative efficiency to B13. +1 Industry at B11 in 1 turn. +2 Industry to B13 in 1 turn. -80 credits from Imperium of Manx]

The Imperium also constructed two new Colony Flotillas at B15, in addition to 5 Light Ships and 3 Medium Ships. [+2 Colony Flotillas to Imperium of Manx at B15 in 1 turn. +5 Light Ships to Imperium of Manx at B15 in 1 turn. +3 Medium Ships to Imperium of Manx at B15 in 1 turn. -190 credits from Imperium of Manx]
The Emperor also gave a grand speech. [+1 Stability to Imperium of Manx]

Manx also sent out a Light Ship to explore E7. It discovered that E7 was a Normal-valued and Medium-sized system. [E7 is a L3/L3 system]
Manx ships explored the B11 system, they hit gold, finding an old Manx cruiser with a very advanced FTL drive. The drive was stripped from the ship and sent to research centres, while the rest of the ship was salvaged and sold off. [+1 level in FTL to Imperium of Manx. +80 credits to Imperium of Manx]

The Human-Sandhana Republic's war machine, following the declaration of war by the Setan-Wyoming Alliance, rumbled into motion, churning out new ships and constructing new industry. [+11 Light Ships to Human-Sandhana at A7 in 1 turn. +4 Medium Ships to Human-Sandhana at A7 in 1 turn. +2 Industry at A7. +1 Industry at A9. -220 credits from Human-Sandhana]

The Population of the Human-Sandhana Republic was encouraged by the government to donate money to the cause of defending Human-Sandhana from outside threats. The public was also encouraged to donate vessels, this was less successful than the encouragement to donate funds. [+2 Light Ships to Human-Sandhana at A7. +70 credits to Human-Sandhana]

They also sent out a light ship to contact the people living in A10. They found the trader nation of Verlin. Contact was peaceful.
Plans were also drawn up to strike back at the Komnenians, but with all ships being sent off to G3 and A10, that would have to wait. Meanwhile, the UCAN engaged Komnenian forces over A4, stalling any attack that Komnenia would have been able to do on A7.

The Setan Republic constructed new warships and built up new industry. [+5 Medium Ships to Setan Republic at G8 in 1 turn. +1 Industry at G7 in 2 turns. +1 Industry at G11 in 2 turns. +1 Industry at G4 in 2 turns. -190 credits from Setan Republic]

War and Combat

The Brotherhood-Shofixti War saw unusually little activity. The Brotherhood moved all of their fleets to K4, while the Shofixti retreated to K5, though the Shofixti also sent out raiding ships to attack Brotherhood positions behind the line. The light ship at I4 succeeded in disrupting administration and trade, and the one in I2 only trade. [-10% administrative efficiency from I4. -10% Merchant Fleet from Brotherhood]

On the ground, the Shofixti launched an attack on Brotherhood remnants in K6. Amazingly, the Brotherhood forces were able to hold, and inflict casualties on the Shofixti, though at the cost of many of their own numbers. [-4,000 Regulars from Brotherhood. -1,000 Regulars from Shofixti. -10,000 Irregulars from Shofixti]

The Brotherhood took care of the meagre Shofixti forces on K4 without much trouble. [-5,000 Regulars from Shofixti]

In contrast, the Shofixti-Terran War was not quiet. While the Shofixti tried to pull the same trick on the Terrans as they did on the Brotherhood, sending two raiding ships deep behind Terran lines. However, that was not to be as Terran forces discovered and destroyed them. [-2 Light Ships from Shofixti]
The Shofixti launched an attack on Terran forces in K9. The Shofixti soundly beat the Terrans, though they did sustain casualties of their own. The remaining Terran forces retreated back to Courhall. [-5 Light Ships from Shofixti. -6 Light Ships from Terran Ascendancy. -3 Medium Ships from Terran Ascendancy]

The Shofixti also launched an attack on Terran forces in K5. Also here the Shofixti were victorious, though at a much greater cost, and they were unable to prevent the Terran flagship from retreating. [-7 Light Ships from Shofixt. -1 Medium Ship from Shofixti. -7 Light Ships from Terran Ascendancy. -3 Medium Ships from Terran Ascendancy]

The HSR-Setan-Wyomingite War (also known as the War over G3), started off with the Human-Sandhana moving their forces into position. 20 light ships and 7 medium ships were moved from A7 to G3. The Setans for their matter moved the home fleet from G8 and off to G4.

The war went hot when a combined Setan-Wyomingite force struck G3. 11 Setan Light Ships, 4 Setan Medium Ships, 7 Wyomingite Light Ships, 2 Wyomingite Medium Ships, and 1 Wyomingite Heavy Ship faced off against the 20 light and 7 medium ships of the Human-Sandhana.
While the odds were very even, and when fire started being exchanged it looked like the battle could swing any way, but the Human-Sandhana had the superior tacticians in the battle. The Setan-Wyomingite force got absolutely smashed, but still held their ground in G3 against all odds. [-7 Light Ships from Wyoming. -10 Light Ships from Setan Republic. -2 Medium Ships from Wyoming. -1 Medium Ship from Setan Republic. -8 Light Ships from Human-Sandhana. -1 Medium Ship from Human-Sandhana]

Last edited: