• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes and no. Those who already have spent money on colony ships do still have those ships...which means that the +5 adds onto that.

Yes, but the difference between having 0 and 1 colony ships isn't the same as having 1 and 6 colony ships. Also, those colony ships have their maintenance cost.

Really don't see the problem with it if I'm honest.

EDIT: Poll is closed! Time-skip has won. Please send in your general directions as quickly as possbile.

How long a time skip are we talking here exactly?

The exact time does not actually matter, but I am looking at 10-20 years.
However, it won't matter if it is 1 or 100 years, really. (okay it does, but you get my point)

Last edited:
With the poll now closed, I shall post information about how to do the general directions.

General directions shall be done like so:

A part about what you want to focus on (economy, military, or expansion).
A part about what you want to do in case you meet other civilisations.
What systems should be a priority for settling.
General internal policy towards subjects et al.
Other miscellaneous actions.

Example General Directions:

Focus: Military
Conquer other civilisations.
Prioritise settling F8 and H8.
Keep conquered peoples under strict observation initially, then be more friendly.
Coup the sitting government and transform into a military dictatorship.

EDIT: As for a deadline, that should be as soon as possible.

Last edited:
*sigh*
It does not seem all that nice to determine such big things with a single-day poll on a weekend. Well, as it is, so it is; it's not like my preferred option could have won even with every undecided voting for it, and most people did get to vote. I'm really quite unsure about how good of an idea this actually is, especially if the timeskip's 10 years at a minimum instead of just 2-4 years (which is about how long it'll be until first contact for many of us), but I suppose I'll go along for now.

EDIT: As for a deadline...let's say 18:00 (GMT+1) on Saturday? Honestly though, send them in as early as possible. If you actually want a Saturday update, I must have all general direction sets a few days before saturday.

*sigh*
It does not seem all that nice to determine such big things with a single-day poll on a weekend. Well, as it is, so it is; it's not like my preferred option could have won even with every undecided voting for it, and most people did get to vote. I'm really quite unsure about how good of an idea this actually is, especially if the timeskip's 10 years at a minimum instead of just 2-4 years (which is about how long it'll be until first contact for many of us), but I suppose I'll go along for now.

It may not be, but I wanted to get it over with immediately so that the game could proceed as normal, and it was in my eyes a foregone conclusion at that time anyways, so your vote would in all probability not have tipped the balance (I am also operating under the assumption that Red Cesar would not show up, as he has been rather inactive as of late, but I think it is not an unreasonable assumption to make). Besides, the time-skip will not be quite as radical as you think.

Furthermore, getting up to the same point without this skip would take us months, and so the game has a danger of fizzling out before anything even happens. In fact, I have spotted a few signs of that already (either that, or I am just paranoid).

Last edited:
.. aannd I'm back.

Time-skip?
I don't know about this. I was looking forward to exploring systems and going boldly where no shofixti has exploded before :p
Ah well.

Yeah... and I happen to neighbor your home system, IIRC... want to work something out?

Really? What sector is that?
I was planning to stick to the RP MO of the Shofixti this game: Friendly aliens with a very strict code of honor.
So I wasn't going to attack you anyway.

Seems like you people do not want a Saturday update...I am disappoint.

Anyways, I have currently received general directions from: Merchanos, Gallic Empire, Seta Assembly, Empire of Shenzhou, Brotherhood of the Stars, Alkaterian Empire, Shofixti, Black Bloc, The Most Serene Republic of New West Slavia, the Order of Divine Light, the Imperial State of Gerdutches, the Human-Sandhana Republic, the Imperium of Manx (West), and the Imperium of Manx. (14/15)

To reiterate a fact that seems to have been missed: you do not have to write a multi-page essay for your general directions, that will just end up with me ignoring most of it and trying to do what I think you mean. I have enough factors to take into account as is, so if you could keep your general directions to a paragraph (or something similar to the example) then that would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm writing my orders now. Sorry they are late. I've been rather busy

Mini-Update: The K4-K6 Altercation

As the exploration and colonisation fleets of the Brotherhood of the Stars and the Shofixti spread outwards from their home systems, colonising new systems for their respective nations, little did they know of their conflicting claims. The systems of K4 and K6 were claimed by both the Brotherhood and the Shofixti. De facto control of K4 was by the Brotherhood while K6 is de facto Shofixti.

With both states boasting impressive military forces as part of their rapid expansion agenda, it appeared that conflict was inevitable. Both the Brotherhood and the Shofixti had about equal military forces, while the Brotherhood had a slightly stronger economical backbone. It should also be noted that the Brotherhood as a whole detests the Shofixti due to their authoritarian government. Despite this, none of them had made the decision to press their claims yet, due to other events.

At this same time, the Shofixti had another onwership dispute with the highly militaristic and authoritarian Terran Ascendancy in the K9 System, de facto controlled by the Shofixti. The Brotherhood of the Stars on the other hand was deliberating on what to do with a trader state based out of the New Aluxian (I1) system. Their state called itself the "Aluxian Descendants". Brotherhood plans called for the seizure of the I1 system, but that decision had been done without knowledge of the existence of the Aluxian Descendants. Furthermore, the Aluxians were making noise about having the support of a mighty state known as the "Empire of Shenzhou" which supposedly was in control of the I5 system and had a friendly relationship with the Aluxians. The Brotherhood of the Stars however, had not made contact with Shenzhou, in large part as a result of the lack of available ships to explore beyond the I2-I4 line, seeing as all of its available ships were either on garrison duty, guarding the border with Aluxia, or involved in the border dispute with the Shofixti.

Player Actions: The Shofixti, Brotherhood of the Stars, and the Empire of Shenzhou all must decide on the course of action for these series of events (i.e. the dispute of K4-K6, the dispute with the Terran Ascendancy, and the Aluxian Problem). Please do remember that, for example, the Brotherhood has not actually discovered the Empire of Shenzhou, and neither has the Shofixti.

EDIT: Additional information in terms of immediate military capability in order of strongest to weakest:
Military Focus
Expansion Focus
Economy Focus
NOTE: the distinction between Economy and Expansion Focus is not as huge as between Expansion and Military. It is a marginal difference.

EDIT2: Important additional information! K4 is a Very Valuable/Medium System (L5/L3). K6 is a Very Valuable/Huge System (L5/L5). I1 is a Worthless/Medium System (L1/L3). K9 is a Valuable/Medium System (L4/L3).

Last edited:
Information on the Aluxian Descendants and the Terran Ascendancy, two NPC human nations. Take the attitude with a grain of salt though.

The Terran Ascendancy

Attitude: Aggressive and Expansionistic

The founders of the Terran Ascendancy were exiled criminals, part of an experiment headed by a Duran Rout of the Kjell-Mora Corporation. Originally planned to colonise a much closer system, the navigational systems failed en route to the destination and caused the generation ships to totally miss it, landing instead in scattered locations far away from their home. Through wars and conflicts, the Terran Ascendancy emerged as the most powerful of these, claiming ascendancy over all of Sector K.

Aluxian Descendants

Attitude: [Trader]

The Aluxians are the descendants of expeditions conducted by the Trade Order to discover new land to exploit.

Crimea Ryvuhr

Attitude: Aggressive
Government: Dictatorship

A highly culturally mixed state, Crimea Ryvuhr is the successor of the Ryvuhr Republic. The Ryvuhr Republic was a regional power before it was annexed by the Imperium. Crimea Ryvuhr has high ambitions of reclaiming the power and influence of the old Republic, though it is quite anathema to the values of the Republic, seeing as it is a militaristic dictatorship. The current leader is President Maksyma Vatazhko.

Last edited:
OOC: I'm the Crimea Ryvuhr, Dyranum's agreed.

To those it affects: I have added some more information to the mini-update about the K4-K6 Altercation and related disputes. This is all information of the Quality/Size of Systems. I suggest you read that before doing a decision.

EDIT: Also, for those who must make a decision on the K4-K6 Altercation (Shenzhou, Shofixti, and Brotherhood), please send in your decision as quickly as possible. Results will be included in the update.

Last edited: