• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Black Bloc would like to apologize for the unfortunate accident in L7, and reiterate our commitment to enjoy good relations with the Purian Hierarchy, by establishing trade between our honored peoples.

We would like to, in an attempt to avoid similar incidents in the future, to work together with the Purian Hierarchy in the development of an improved and more reliable FTL system. We believe that both our peoples have much to gain from technological interchange, especially in peaceful applications

Addendum to Order Length restriction: The two line restriction does not fully apply to construction orders, due to the fact that one can construct multiple things in 1 order.

An acceptable build order would be this:

Build 2 Light Ships at H8
Build 2 Medium Ships at H8
Build 77 Heavy Ships at H8

However, this is not an acceptable build order:

Construct 2 Light Ships at the system H8 for the purpose of exploring the surrounding systems and blahblahblah. Also proceed with construction on 2 Medium Ships as well, christening one of them "Emperor" and the other "Friendly Neighbour". When finished, deploy them to the H2 system. Also build one new heavy ship at H8, to be named "Greatest", and 76 heavy ships at H5, to be named blahblahblah.

Merchanos is pleased at the warming of relations with Galan Rim Union and hopes that relations with Nitheim Resurgence will also improve. We are also happy with increased trade and relations with Farunenion. With the increased Science achievement, may our peoples further their reach amongst the stars.

For the record, I am resigning from this game as of now. Someone else can have the Shofixti, or they can all blow themselves up in a blaze of glory. I don't care.

I will unsubscribe from this thread now.
Good day.

Citizens of the HSR, rejoice! We have repulsed the enemy!

The aggressors rejected peace and now are paying the consequences for their actions! Not only have annihilated the majority of their fleet, but we can now push forward and show them what it is like to be attacked!

We would like to thank every citizen who donated money and ships towards our cause. You have helped ensure our survival. Lastly, credit must go to the brave troops who fought for our freedom and security.

Stand strong citizens of the HSR, for victory shall be ours!

Right, sorry for all this delay and nothing happening. I was waiting on Spectre to do the stats, but it seems as if he now is unavailable for that works. Since I shall be going on vacation on Wednesday, I will hereby temporarily pause this game until I return.

Important Announcement: I have come to the realisation that the complexity of the current Dark Horizons makes it virtually impossible for me to keep up and do everything. Therefore, I have constructed a Dark Horizons 2.0 which is much less complicated, and will hopefully result in a fun game for everybody. Please do note that I shall be creating a new thread and restarting everything for that purpose. However, you are all free to just paste over your current countries to 2.0. Furthermore, I expect Dark Horizons 2.0 to be much less slower in the initial phases than 1.0 was since 2.0 is on the whole much better suited for all of this.

I am terribly sorry and apologise for everybody who has already built up their nation to something impressive, but it was either remake it from the ground up or abandon this because the current system was far far too complex.

Now, I will be needing a Co-GM until such a time that Morrell8 is available. If anybody wants to step up to the plate I would be most grateful. Of course, I could probably be able to manage without one in 2.0, but it would be easier if I had one.

EDIT: New thread and game posted up.

Last edited: