+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Forum Game] Dark Horizons

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Dyranum View Post
    Yes and no. Those who already have spent money on colony ships do still have those ships...which means that the +5 adds onto that.
    Yes, but the difference between having 0 and 1 colony ships isn't the same as having 1 and 6 colony ships. Also, those colony ships have their maintenance cost.
    Come and hunt your fellow Paradoxians in the Werewolf Forum

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

Better than Royalty (ABB) DoomBunny's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Really don't see the problem with it if I'm honest.
    "Petrarch was right" - Petrarch||||"Petrarch is actually right" - LYNCHY||||"Petrarch was banned" - Robotic Maniac

"Tiger powder-induced eastern shenanigans" - Finnish Lord||||"I really enjoyed the Gulag" - Blade!||||"So sexy" - Franconian on violent insanity||||"The soft-pr0n ... I like it for the atmosphere it creates and the sheer spectacle of the thing" - Tufto||||"Swans are as dangerous as wolves. Got it." - Some fat racist German bloke in cheekless leiderhosen panties||||"I pooped myself. And then I did it again." - Yakman||||"Glory to the Confederate clan!" - Robotic Maniac

"I have hot cousins"||||"I once jokingly *CENSORED FOR FORUM* all my friends in the PE changing room"||||"I would lick GAZPROM drilled oil off of his shiny nipples" - Shynka, on incest, sport, and Vladimir Putin

<Doom> Sent Shynka some pics of my ass.||||<mathrim-afk> Looks great

Ill Growl of Talking Polar Mongoose's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

How long a time skip are we talking here exactly?
    ˇViva ArgentinAAR! - My Vicky 2 AAR (1836-1880)

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

EDIT: Poll is closed! Time-skip has won. Please send in your general directions as quickly as possbile.

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Mongoose View Post
    How long a time skip are we talking here exactly?
    The exact time does not actually matter, but I am looking at 10-20 years.
    However, it won't matter if it is 1 or 100 years, really. (okay it does, but you get my point)
    Last edited by Dyranum; 20-05-2012 at 00:00.
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

? (primary) and Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

With the poll now closed, I shall post information about how to do the general directions.

General directions shall be done like so:

A part about what you want to focus on (economy, military, or expansion).
    A part about what you want to do in case you meet other civilisations.
    What systems should be a priority for settling.
    General internal policy towards subjects et al.
    Other miscellaneous actions.

Example General Directions:

Focus: Military
    Conquer other civilisations.
    Prioritise settling F8 and H8.
    Keep conquered peoples under strict observation initially, then be more friendly.
    Coup the sitting government and transform into a military dictatorship.

EDIT: As for a deadline, that should be as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Dyranum; 20-05-2012 at 02:05.
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

? (primary) and Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

*sigh*
    It does not seem all that nice to determine such big things with a single-day poll on a weekend. Well, as it is, so it is; it's not like my preferred option could have won even with every undecided voting for it, and most people did get to vote. I'm really quite unsure about how good of an idea this actually is, especially if the timeskip's 10 years at a minimum instead of just 2-4 years (which is about how long it'll be until first contact for many of us), but I suppose I'll go along for now.
    “We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.”
    -T.S. Elliot

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club

Lets do the Time Warp!
    Last edited by KeldoniaSkylar; 20-05-2012 at 20:26.
    GM of Keldoniaskylar's the Rise of a Super Power

EDIT: As for a deadline...let's say 18:00 (GMT+1) on Saturday? Honestly though, send them in as early as possible. If you actually want a Saturday update, I must have all general direction sets a few days before saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Culise View Post
    *sigh*
    It does not seem all that nice to determine such big things with a single-day poll on a weekend. Well, as it is, so it is; it's not like my preferred option could have won even with every undecided voting for it, and most people did get to vote. I'm really quite unsure about how good of an idea this actually is, especially if the timeskip's 10 years at a minimum instead of just 2-4 years (which is about how long it'll be until first contact for many of us), but I suppose I'll go along for now.
    It may not be, but I wanted to get it over with immediately so that the game could proceed as normal, and it was in my eyes a foregone conclusion at that time anyways, so your vote would in all probability not have tipped the balance (I am also operating under the assumption that Red Cesar would not show up, as he has been rather inactive as of late, but I think it is not an unreasonable assumption to make). Besides, the time-skip will not be quite as radical as you think.

Furthermore, getting up to the same point without this skip would take us months, and so the game has a danger of fizzling out before anything even happens. In fact, I have spotted a few signs of that already (either that, or I am just paranoid).
    Last edited by Dyranum; 20-05-2012 at 21:02.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

.. aannd I'm back.

Time-skip?
    I don't know about this. I was looking forward to exploring systems and going boldly where no shofixti has exploded before
    Ah well.
    "Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post
    .. aannd I'm back.

Time-skip?
    I don't know about this. I was looking forward to exploring systems and going boldly where no shofixti has exploded before
    Ah well.
    Yeah... and I happen to neighbor your home system, IIRC... want to work something out?

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

Quote Originally Posted by reis91 View Post
    Yeah... and I happen to neighbor your home system, IIRC... want to work something out?
    Really? What sector is that?
    I was planning to stick to the RP MO of the Shofixti this game: Friendly aliens with a very strict code of honor.
    So I wasn't going to attack you anyway.
    "Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

Aah, nevermind, finally realized that the violet balls are... food.

Seems like you people do not want a Saturday update...I am disappoint.

Anyways, I have currently received general directions from: Merchanos, Gallic Empire, Seta Assembly, Empire of Shenzhou, Brotherhood of the Stars, Alkaterian Empire, Shofixti, Black Bloc, The Most Serene Republic of New West Slavia, the Order of Divine Light, the Imperial State of Gerdutches, the Human-Sandhana Republic, the Imperium of Manx (West), and the Imperium of Manx. (14/15)

To reiterate a fact that seems to have been missed: you do not have to write a multi-page essay for your general directions, that will just end up with me ignoring most of it and trying to do what I think you mean. I have enough factors to take into account as is, so if you could keep your general directions to a paragraph (or something similar to the example) then that would be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by Dyranum; 27-05-2012 at 10:21.

Come on, you said you were going to have some fun with my faction, and I just wanted to help... as it is not easy, even for me, with my somewhat extensive knowledge of anarchist political theory, to come up with something that is, at least, internally coherent.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm writing my orders now. Sorry they are late. I've been rather busy
    Kingdom of Ireland in WiR 1778

Formally Venice in The Long 19th Century: 1789, UK in WiR 1920, Colombia in WiR 1861 Mk. II, Scandinavia in WiR ALT 1901 , The Shi Empire in Fallout: War Never Changes, The Swiss Confederation in WiR 1900 Gran Colombia in Pure Madness 2 Iron Hills in Lord without Rings Scandinavia in BoP 1946, The Kingdom of Naples in KaK, The Kingdom of Naples in WiR 1756, Gran Colombia/Bavaria in WiR 1861, Gran Colombia in (Alt Hist) WiR 1815, Denmark in WiR 1804, Argentina in WiR 1836, UK in WiR 2020, USA in WiR 1776 Lite, Human-Sandhana in Dark Horizons, Human-Sandhana in Dark Horizons 2.0, Zouche in The Kingdom, Goldschmidt in Crisis in the Reichstag, Howard in The Presidents, Vanderbilt in Empires: Commerce and Industry, Frazer in Twenty Thousand Leagues and La Plata in Pure Madness

Mini-Update: The K4-K6 Altercation

As the exploration and colonisation fleets of the Brotherhood of the Stars and the Shofixti spread outwards from their home systems, colonising new systems for their respective nations, little did they know of their conflicting claims. The systems of K4 and K6 were claimed by both the Brotherhood and the Shofixti. De facto control of K4 was by the Brotherhood while K6 is de facto Shofixti.

With both states boasting impressive military forces as part of their rapid expansion agenda, it appeared that conflict was inevitable. Both the Brotherhood and the Shofixti had about equal military forces, while the Brotherhood had a slightly stronger economical backbone. It should also be noted that the Brotherhood as a whole detests the Shofixti due to their authoritarian government. Despite this, none of them had made the decision to press their claims yet, due to other events.

At this same time, the Shofixti had another onwership dispute with the highly militaristic and authoritarian Terran Ascendancy in the K9 System, de facto controlled by the Shofixti. The Brotherhood of the Stars on the other hand was deliberating on what to do with a trader state based out of the New Aluxian (I1) system. Their state called itself the "Aluxian Descendants". Brotherhood plans called for the seizure of the I1 system, but that decision had been done without knowledge of the existence of the Aluxian Descendants. Furthermore, the Aluxians were making noise about having the support of a mighty state known as the "Empire of Shenzhou" which supposedly was in control of the I5 system and had a friendly relationship with the Aluxians. The Brotherhood of the Stars however, had not made contact with Shenzhou, in large part as a result of the lack of available ships to explore beyond the I2-I4 line, seeing as all of its available ships were either on garrison duty, guarding the border with Aluxia, or involved in the border dispute with the Shofixti.

Player Actions: The Shofixti, Brotherhood of the Stars, and the Empire of Shenzhou all must decide on the course of action for these series of events (i.e. the dispute of K4-K6, the dispute with the Terran Ascendancy, and the Aluxian Problem). Please do remember that, for example, the Brotherhood has not actually discovered the Empire of Shenzhou, and neither has the Shofixti.

EDIT: Additional information in terms of immediate military capability in order of strongest to weakest:
    Military Focus
    Expansion Focus
    Economy Focus
    NOTE: the distinction between Economy and Expansion Focus is not as huge as between Expansion and Military. It is a marginal difference.

EDIT2: Important additional information! K4 is a Very Valuable/Medium System (L5/L3). K6 is a Very Valuable/Huge System (L5/L5). I1 is a Worthless/Medium System (L1/L3). K9 is a Valuable/Medium System (L4/L3).
    Last edited by Dyranum; 26-05-2012 at 23:24.

OOC: The Empire of Shenzhou looks like a huge bluff to me...

Edit : I seem to have misread I5 system as 15 systems, hence the bluff reference.
    Last edited by reis91; 26-05-2012 at 19:51.

Information on the Aluxian Descendants and the Terran Ascendancy, two NPC human nations. Take the attitude with a grain of salt though.

The Terran Ascendancy

Attitude: Aggressive and Expansionistic

The founders of the Terran Ascendancy were exiled criminals, part of an experiment headed by a Duran Rout of the Kjell-Mora Corporation. Originally planned to colonise a much closer system, the navigational systems failed en route to the destination and caused the generation ships to totally miss it, landing instead in scattered locations far away from their home. Through wars and conflicts, the Terran Ascendancy emerged as the most powerful of these, claiming ascendancy over all of Sector K.

Aluxian Descendants

Attitude: [Trader]

The Aluxians are the descendants of expeditions conducted by the Trade Order to discover new land to exploit.

Crimea Ryvuhr

Attitude: Aggressive
    Government: Dictatorship

A highly culturally mixed state, Crimea Ryvuhr is the successor of the Ryvuhr Republic. The Ryvuhr Republic was a regional power before it was annexed by the Imperium. Crimea Ryvuhr has high ambitions of reclaiming the power and influence of the old Republic, though it is quite anathema to the values of the Republic, seeing as it is a militaristic dictatorship. The current leader is President Maksyma Vatazhko.
    Last edited by Dyranum; 27-05-2012 at 22:11.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

OOC: I'm the Crimea Ryvuhr, Dyranum's agreed.
    ~His Excellency, William Hughes, Prime Minister of Australia in Frymonmon's World in Revolution 1920 Mk II

"Stop fighting wars you stupid cunts"
    -Shynka, Peace Activist, 2014

To those it affects: I have added some more information to the mini-update about the K4-K6 Altercation and related disputes. This is all information of the Quality/Size of Systems. I suggest you read that before doing a decision.

EDIT: Also, for those who must make a decision on the K4-K6 Altercation (Shenzhou, Shofixti, and Brotherhood), please send in your decision as quickly as possible. Results will be included in the update.
    Last edited by Dyranum; 27-05-2012 at 11:57.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast