• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Managed to win the demo by turn 36 - anyone managed to beat that yet? From how I won it, I certainly think it is possible to win a few turns earlier as I was far from perfect. I have played the demo 5-6 times through though, so I know where everyone is positioned making it a lot easier.

I built a rangers guild and immediately sent my initial troops out west towards the Rat King. Managed to get my rogue to his first settler that he was sending north from his capital. So I declared war and killed his first settler then built hunters & peasant settlers to take his capital/expand towns west. Used most of my mana up on an imp summon and keeping my units healed.

After the rat capital I built one halbadier & troll along with my remaining units and headed north to the undead fellow. That was a lot harder as I could only afford lesser heal once per turn. Plus my multiple hunters were almost useless against skeletons.

Trolls > Catapults.

I have won twice on turn 38 and once on turn 37; 36 seems pretty optimal, not sure how you could do it in much less. I have never gotten to make trolls; it takes too long to get to build the required buildings.

I enjoyed playing the demo several times and tried out several different tactics. Only won it once on turn 46 but soon realised I could have done it a lot faster. The last time I built a Magister the top mage... sheesh was he powerful and hiddeously expensive to buy (500 gold) and even more to upgrade from an experienced mage (600 gold). Then there was the upkeep which was 10 gold, 2 food and 6 mana (if I remember correctly) for just that 1 Magister unit.

But that just makes me want to play the real game even more... only hours to wait now

I enjoyed playing the demo several times and tried out several different tactics. Only won it once on turn 46 but soon realised I could have done it a lot faster. The last time I built a Magister the top mage... sheesh was he powerful and hiddeously expensive to buy (500 gold) and even more to upgrade from an experienced mage (600 gold). Then there was the upkeep which was 10 gold, 2 food and 6 mana (if I remember correctly) for just that 1 Magister unit.

But that just makes me want to play the real game even more... only hours to wait now

Wait until you buff them up with all manner of perk upgrades.... BOOM! lol

Also, finished at turn 36 on my second play through. Didn't build any trolls or catapults. Pretty much just spammed cities/units (got lots of rogues since they only take 2 turns to build and have 5 movement and few halbs). If there wasn't such a choke point before the lich and less swamps then it could be done much faster. I think it could be done a few turns before turn 36 but not much.