• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do you take provinces out of the empire?
Click on the province, click the provincial decisions button, and select "Abandon the Holy Roman Empire". It costs one magistrate and requires you to already have negative relations with the emperor.

You can't be a member of the empire and remove provinces from the empire. I guess that's why you can't find it

Even if you are not a member, you have to meet certain conditions. The decision will be visible but not selectable in these cases. What you will need is pretty bad relations with the emperor (-100 or lower I believe) and some magistrates.

Even if you are not a member, you have to meet certain conditions. The decision will be visible but not selectable in these cases. What you will need is pretty bad relations with the emperor (-100 or lower I believe) and some magistrates.

This.

In order to avoid the event you can just keep a succession of shadow wars going as it won't fire while you are at war. Alternatively get yourself elected emperor.

Also, please register your game so we know which version you play; otherwise please start every post of yours with a mention of it. This, frex, is one of those rules questions which has multiple answers depending on version played.

-Pat

ahh right yeah i was thinking that! damn it! :sad: i dont wanna leave and lose all the provinces ive conquered! i meant to leave when i started the game but completely forgot about it!
Unless you have lots of unlawful territory (why?) or the Emperor has passed lots of Reforms (yeah, sure), why would you want to leave the empire?