• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(1949)

First Lieutenant
Mar 18, 2001
Visit site
I bought the code key from Amazon, but there doesn't seem to be any way to down load the addition. I went to Steam. I cannot find anyway to use the blasted code key. I am about ready to just rip all my Paradox games from my computer. They only seem interested in selling to people with PhDs in computer science, not the causal user.

Thanks for the reply. It still took alot of looking but you gave me the starting point. I am sure that those who use the web and these things alot, it is a simple task, but for those of us who use it very little, it is a complex world of little information on how to use. I have never opened steam. (To be frank, I hate it. I want games that I control on my computer, not some foreign system. I guess, I'm just old fashion. Still to find historic based games it is the price I have to pay.

You could always just buy straight from another website which allows you to get rid of Steam completely.You can also run CK2 even without steam on by accessing it directly from the folder containing it. The catch is that you can't use the steam browser or the steam friends messenger, but from the sound of it, it seems those things are completely unnecessary for you.

You could always just buy straight from another website which allows you to get rid of Steam completely.You can also run CK2 even without steam on by accessing it directly from the folder containing it. The catch is that you can't use the steam browser or the steam friends messenger, but from the sound of it, it seems those things are completely unnecessary for you.

The website mentioned in this post is WWW.Gamersgate.com all other websites are tied to steam.

If you haven't found where to enter the code yet:

open up steam

click games (top left of the screen)

then activate a product on steam.

That actually was pretty hard to find!