• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chromos

AHOI-Mod Series Developer
17 Badges
Feb 10, 2005
ahoimod.wordpress.com
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
Some interesting info maybe for others aswell..

Patch 3.06 is underway.. :)
alright then, i'm hering rumblings of HOI3 3.06 being in closed beta, is this the truth? and is it feature complete (as in nothing major needs to be added), i don't want a ETA or changelog, just is it in the works proper
it is. there are a few issues left before its ready (mainly AI stuff). it will have a public beta as well, but is currently in internal/closed beta testing only.

someone will probably tell you you should have asked in the HoI3 forum though, so if you have more questions ask them there :p

Also Lothos moved on from doing lua improvements:
Hi Everyone

I am sorry to say this but there will be no more updates to this thread or the LUA by me from this point into the future and any future HoI expansions/series. I want to thank everyone for the many years of fun working on this game and series and the sheer amount of people I have met over the years. Some of which came to the USA and crashed at my house for a few days ROFL.

Paradox (in particula Johan and Doomdark) have been inspirational to me and very good friends. I think my best time ever on the project was with Semper Fi when Doomdark worked side by side with me so much he put me on the credits as a Developer instead of a tester. That expansion served as a basis for LUA scripts that would meet performance guidelines while taking the AI in a better direction. Many others wrote LUA scripts that did very good things (some better than what I initially wrote) BUT they were disastreous when it came to performance.

I am not sure but over the last 10 years (roughly) if I was not the #1 contributor to the HoI series, that was not a Paradox Empoyee, then I am sure I was in the top 3. You will still see my face on these forums from time to time and assisting future betas in an extremely limited capacity. When time allows it I may start working on a TRP for HoI 3 again but it will be limited to modding and my work will no longer be part of the official game.

Thanks everyone
Sincerely
Lothos

Cheers,
Chromos

Sad news about Lothos but he has his own life. I know how that goes. My modding time has almost all but ended with the addition of my infant.

Any info about the CMP map being implemented in 3.06. I would be a definite disappointment (at least to me) is it isn't.

DD was saying its 1.5.2 included if anything is

Yes, the 1.52 with some changes to the German Western Borders and bugfixes so far.
Maybe we'll get another further version implemented in another expansion or patch for that new expansion, as the next patch could be the last one for FTM.

To the Devs or anyone who knows:
I read in another forum, that Lothos latest lua-ai will no be used? Is that right?

Cheers,
Chromos

Yes, the 1.52 with some changes to the German Western Borders and bugfixes so far.
Maybe we'll get another further version implemented in another expansion or patch for that new expansion, as the next patch could be the last one for FTM.

To the Devs or anyone who knows:
I read in another forum, that Lothos latest lua-ai will no be used? Is that right?

Cheers,
Chromos

Which one will be used? 3.05? or a new one? I bet it will be the same as 3.05 with some little changes.

Which one will be used? 3.05? or a new one? I bet it will be the same as 3.05 with some little changes.

I would have guessed that they use the latest Beta from Lothos and finetune that one.
And now I'm just snoopy about that other info I found in another forum..

Cheers,
Chromos

I am sad Lothos is leaving.It is a major loss for the game and community.
But thats life, with my 3 kids and having full time job and to this up to six times 24 hours duty a month,I barely even have time to play this game.

Some interesting info maybe for others aswell..

Patch 3.06 is underway.. :)

Also Lothos moved on from doing lua improvements:

Cheers,
Chromos

I am back, late in the game unfortunately, but trying to help PI out as much as I can before Finest Hour comes out. Lots of cool new stuff!

I am back, late in the game unfortunately, but trying to help PI out as much as I can before Finest Hour comes out. Lots of cool new stuff!

Why can't they just hire you!

What are you doing out of the dungeon? Get back to work, minion! <cracks the whip>