+ Reply to Thread

Thread: INFO: Patch 3.06 already in closed beta.. Lothos no longer developing lua..

AHOI-Mod Series Developer Demi Moderator Chromos's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Blog Entries

Smile INFO: Patch 3.06 already in closed beta.. Lothos no longer developing lua..

Some interesting info maybe for others aswell..

Patch 3.06 is underway..
    Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nimrod123 View Post
    alright then, i'm hering rumblings of HOI3 3.06 being in closed beta, is this the truth? and is it feature complete (as in nothing major needs to be added), i don't want a ETA or changelog, just is it in the works proper
    it is. there are a few issues left before its ready (mainly AI stuff). it will have a public beta as well, but is currently in internal/closed beta testing only.

someone will probably tell you you should have asked in the HoI3 forum though, so if you have more questions ask them there :P

Also Lothos moved on from doing lua improvements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothos View Post
    Hi Everyone

I am sorry to say this but there will be no more updates to this thread or the LUA by me from this point into the future and any future HoI expansions/series. I want to thank everyone for the many years of fun working on this game and series and the sheer amount of people I have met over the years. Some of which came to the USA and crashed at my house for a few days ROFL.

Paradox (in particula Johan and Doomdark) have been inspirational to me and very good friends. I think my best time ever on the project was with Semper Fi when Doomdark worked side by side with me so much he put me on the credits as a Developer instead of a tester. That expansion served as a basis for LUA scripts that would meet performance guidelines while taking the AI in a better direction. Many others wrote LUA scripts that did very good things (some better than what I initially wrote) BUT they were disastreous when it came to performance.

I am not sure but over the last 10 years (roughly) if I was not the #1 contributor to the HoI series, that was not a Paradox Empoyee, then I am sure I was in the top 3. You will still see my face on these forums from time to time and assisting future betas in an extremely limited capacity. When time allows it I may start working on a TRP for HoI 3 again but it will be limited to modding and my work will no longer be part of the official game.

Thanks everyone
    Sincerely
    Lothos
    Cheers,
    Chromos
    Game Developer East vs. West: - Lua AI / Political -
    AHOI-Mod - A Hearts of Iron 3 "Treasure Chest": Soon: Play WW-I up to the Cold War
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For std HoI3 from SF to TFH): See more at a glance/usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For other HoI3 Mods): See more with your fav mod -usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Dynamic AI (For std HoI3 FTM): Play with an ai that is adjustible wih decsions
    Check my profile: Find out more info about HoI-III, modding and the AHOI-Mods

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

It's very good to know there will be a public beta.

Can we expect the LUA based on the FTM 3.05 version or a repaired version of the beta
    LUA files he was working on?...

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    81 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Blog Entries
    Sad news about Lothos but he has his own life. I know how that goes. My modding time has almost all but ended with the addition of my infant.
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

Any info about the CMP map being implemented in 3.06. I would be a definite disappointment (at least to me) is it isn't.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireIron CrossVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    StarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious View Post
    Any info about the CMP map being implemented in 3.06. I would be a definite disappointment (at least to me) is it isn't.
    DD was saying its 1.5.2 included if anything is
    In the future there will only be two workers, a human and a dog. The human's job will be feeding the dog. The dog's job will be making sure the human doesn't touch the computers.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi

Blog Entries

Smile

Yes, the 1.52 with some changes to the German Western Borders and bugfixes so far.
    Maybe we'll get another further version implemented in another expansion or patch for that new expansion, as the next patch could be the last one for FTM.

To the Devs or anyone who knows:
    I read in another forum, that Lothos latest lua-ai will no be used? Is that right?

Cheers,
    Chromos
    AHOI-Mod - A Hearts of Iron 3 "Treasure Chest": Soon: Play WW-I up to the Cold War
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For std HoI3 from SF to TFH): See more at a glance/usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For other HoI3 Mods): See more with your fav mod -usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Dynamic AI (For std HoI3 FTM): Play with an ai that is adjustible wih decsions

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Chromos View Post
    Yes, the 1.52 with some changes to the German Western Borders and bugfixes so far.
    Maybe we'll get another further version implemented in another expansion or patch for that new expansion, as the next patch could be the last one for FTM.

To the Devs or anyone who knows:
    I read in another forum, that Lothos latest lua-ai will no be used? Is that right?

Cheers,
    Chromos
    Which one will be used? 3.05? or a new one? I bet it will be the same as 3.05 with some little changes.

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by peterhoi3 View Post
    Which one will be used? 3.05? or a new one? I bet it will be the same as 3.05 with some little changes.
    I would have guessed that they use the latest Beta from Lothos and finetune that one.
    And now I'm just snoopy about that other info I found in another forum..

Cheers,
    Chromos

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossSemper Fi

I am sad Lothos is leaving.It is a major loss for the game and community.
    But thats life, with my 3 kids and having full time job and to this up to six times 24 hours duty a month,I barely even have time to play this game.
    “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” ― George Bernard Shaw

HoI3 SF LUA Developer Demi Moderator Lothos's Avatar
    53 games registered

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    ImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and Gold
    LegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of PrussiaHoi 2 BetaEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Chromos View Post
    Some interesting info maybe for others aswell..

Patch 3.06 is underway..

Also Lothos moved on from doing lua improvements:

Cheers,
    Chromos
    I am back, late in the game unfortunately, but trying to help PI out as much as I can before Finest Hour comes out. Lots of cool new stuff!
    HoI3 (FTM, TFH) LUA AI Developer
    HoI2 Lead Script AI Developer
    TRP Download Page
    TRP for HoI 3

Great post about TRP for HoI 3

"I don't care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right."!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Welcome back to the boat mister. We´ve missed you

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

I am back, late in the game unfortunately, but trying to help PI out as much as I can before Finest Hour comes out. Lots of cool new stuff!
    Why can't they just hire you!

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

What are you doing out of the dungeon? Get back to work, minion! <cracks the whip>
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

+ Reply to Thread