• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Scottiths

Captain
4 Badges
Feb 29, 2012
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
So I was wondering, I have searched the forums and I think I have the answer. I am not 100% sure though.

When a steward or marshal is in a county for collecting taxes, raising troops, or speeding construction... are all holdings affected or only the ones included in your personal domain?

IE: I have a county with 3 holdings that belong to vassals. If I set my tax collector on that county will those 3 holdings generate extra income, or just the holding capital? This does not seem to work with build increase either. I set my steward on a county and had building going in each holding but non of them seemed to speed up.

Clear answer would be appreciated... thanks.

So I was wondering, I have searched the forums and I think I have the answer. I am not 100% sure though.

When a steward or marshal is in a county for collecting taxes, raising troops, or speeding construction... are all holdings affected or only the ones included in your personal domain?

IE: I have a county with 3 holdings that belong to vassals. If I set my tax collector on that county will those 3 holdings generate extra income, or just the holding capital? This does not seem to work with build increase either. I set my steward on a county and had building going in each holding but non of them seemed to speed up.

Clear answer would be appreciated... thanks.

I have always assumed it was just mine. I'm 100% sure that all of mine are affected, I generally maxx out Castles in my capitol and raise 5k+ troops there early on, and I know that their income is affected as well by my Steward.

It's possible that vassal holdings are affected, but the effect is so small I haven't noticed it, but I'm 95% sure it's just my own.