+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stupid question?

Stupid question?

So I was wondering, I have searched the forums and I think I have the answer. I am not 100% sure though.

When a steward or marshal is in a county for collecting taxes, raising troops, or speeding construction... are all holdings affected or only the ones included in your personal domain?

IE: I have a county with 3 holdings that belong to vassals. If I set my tax collector on that county will those 3 holdings generate extra income, or just the holding capital? This does not seem to work with build increase either. I set my steward on a county and had building going in each holding but non of them seemed to speed up.

Clear answer would be appreciated... thanks.

Ask how many Divisions I have! InnocentIII's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Scottiths View Post
    So I was wondering, I have searched the forums and I think I have the answer. I am not 100% sure though.

When a steward or marshal is in a county for collecting taxes, raising troops, or speeding construction... are all holdings affected or only the ones included in your personal domain?

IE: I have a county with 3 holdings that belong to vassals. If I set my tax collector on that county will those 3 holdings generate extra income, or just the holding capital? This does not seem to work with build increase either. I set my steward on a county and had building going in each holding but non of them seemed to speed up.

Clear answer would be appreciated... thanks.
    I have always assumed it was just mine. I'm 100% sure that all of mine are affected, I generally maxx out Castles in my capitol and raise 5k+ troops there early on, and I know that their income is affected as well by my Steward.

It's possible that vassal holdings are affected, but the effect is so small I haven't noticed it, but I'm 95% sure it's just my own.
    I follow Paradox on Twitter and have Johan's photo on my phone for Twitter messages. I also follow the Pope. When the Pontiff tweets, I see the picture and lately I wonder "yes, but is Johan speaking ex cathedra?"
    Check out my Vicky2 AAR: Last Tango in 1.3 - An Argentine AAR Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2 2011 (Round 3) - Completed
    Five for Fighting - A Canadian HoI3 AAR WritAAR of the Week (December 11th - December 18th, 2011) AAR Showcase Week of 6/17/12 - Completed

+ Reply to Thread