I'm not one to make an extremely long and drawn out thread, so I will simply list some things that I hope will be in-game and why they should be there. (This is hopefully for the benefit of all parties. Peace of mind for the players if an official addresses the post (Which I would be very thankful for), and the developers knowing what the community wants.
(I watched Total Biscuit's video of his testing, and I absolutely loved what I saw, but there are a few things that I would like the community to be assured it will change in the future.)
1. A Knight wearing 120 pounds of armor is definitely not going to recover from being knocked down as fast as a peasant with a 20-30 pounds of Akaton or some such. Armor weight should take a role in how fast you recover from staggering or knock-down.
2. I assume that there will be some type of stamina to stop people from just sprinting all over the place constantly, so armor weight should also effect how long you can sprint for. Heavier you are, the faster your stamina bar will run down.
3. It's not a HUGE thing......... and it's already been addressed I'm sure. So, simply put........ "You try jumping in 120 pounds of armor." Even more, "You try jumping off a rooftop with 120 pounds of armor and not breaking your spine."
4. I absolutely agree with Total Biscuit that you cannot judge a game by an Alpha in a bad way, but I also think that you can judge it in a good way. From what I saw in the Alpha, this game looks like it is going to be great. Now, as a minor issue I understand that the game is not going for realism. (Although I am in the personal mind that absolute realism is better, that wont stop me from enjoying this game) I also understand that it is intended for each kill to be a battle, not a one or two-hit kill. (And I actually have to lean away from my starch realism mind-frame, and have to say this could work. Coming from Mount and Blade where a lot of the time you're dead in 1-2 hits)
Damage needs to be adjusted. (But damage is an easy thing to adjust in the LONG time frame between alpha and retail)
5. I hope that hits are relevant to where they strike? Ex: If I hit someone in the neck it should be FAR more damage than if I hit their thigh.
PROPS! Yes, I have props to the developers!
First. The game is looking amazing, so far! Thanks to the developers for their continued work, and to the developer's families for putting up with it. hahahah.
I don't know what it is called, but in Total Biscuit's video there were a few polearms being used. I noticed that the polearm could not damage someone by hitting with the haft of the weapon. Again, coming from "Warband" I absolutely love this and it has to be one of my favorite features. No more getting killed by noobs doing a little spin (gaining momentum) and running you through through with a 6 foot spear at 1 foot away. *HUZZAH*
I am intrigued by the "schools" of combat. That could prove to be a shining component to the game.
The active aiming and reload feature will make archery more complex and less "spammy." With such complexity, I will probably be using a bow or crossbow semi-regularly and not have to feel bad about every kill because it was so easy. ("Warband")
There are other little things that I enjoy, but I have already killed this thread quite a bit.
Fellow Paradoxites, please discuss below. I would like to see if there are more that think the same as I. And I have my fingers crossed for a WoTR official to stop by to perhaps, set my/our fears aside.