Thread: how do I register a steam copy?

how do I register a steam copy?

title says it all, how do i do it?
    "Rommel, where are your tanks?"
    "12 Kilometers from Paris, Sir."
    "Dammit Rommel, the war hasn't even started!"

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    I bought a steam copy and cannot register it. I submitted a ticket to the help desk but they didn't really help to be honest. I am currently in a PM conversation with the community manager about it and it may be possible to have it manually registered by them. Just try PMing an admin or wait for my outcome and I will tell you.
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

A bunny with a hat Moderator Nikolai II's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

You don't need to register Steam Copy to play, and you can't register (most) steam versions of M&B on the forums for an icon.

It has been said that it would be too much work to add icons/forum game registrations manually. Granted, there's never been one person hired solely to be community support before, so if you are lucky things might have changed.
    FSM! I am convinced. Are you?
    IPU! I have faith. Do you?

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Blog Entries
    I doubt anything will be done, but I'm trying my hardest - I want that icon.
    A.K.A. Hugues

― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae Victis

Latest news is that Gamers Gates keys work. Not that I'd recommend anyone to buy a second copy of a game just to get a few pixels on a forum - but I know some people who did while it was on a sale on GG..

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDiplomacyDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Who did you PM? when I tried about a year ago, it didn't go anywhere.

Blog Entries
    I PM'd BjornB, he was able to manually add the Warband and WFaS icons to my profile.
    A.K.A. Hugues

― Thomas A. Edison

Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Thanks, I'll do that too as soon as I get home. Hopefully I'll get my Icons atlast!

Btw, you have your locations listed as Taleworlds, do have account there too? I'm Bergioyn there aswell.

Blog Entries
    I am Hugues at TaleWorlds and basically everywhere else - god knows why I registered with the name Baynard on here
    A.K.A. Hugues

― Thomas A. Edison

I think I have seen you there.

I'd really like my Steam copy to be registered too, but it won't eat my key. Those icons are sexy, and collecting them is actually kind of fun.

Well, if it is the Napoleonic Warfare DLC, then it can not be registered.

If it is anything else you can try to "view key" (not the same as you might have installed on steam with) and try that. If it doesn't work then you are not lucky..