• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, here is the thing and why I wrote it.

First, it was Danzig and it was part of the K. of Poland. 1.04
Now, its Danzig and its part of the HRE (Germany).

See, that's how a lie gets twisted into truth, first you just do a little change and then you build on the little lie, to build a bigger lie. That's how the 'myth' of German DANZIG got started. Baby steps. And it ingrains the garbage notions into the PI community that somehow this province was legally German.

As for whoever said the that it was settled by Germans and named after Gothe, whatever dude, the original fort was established in 980 and the City was founded in 997 by the King of Poland in, sure it was settled by Germans. During the Teutonic occupation (1308-1454) when the Teutonic Order was busy purging the local non-German population. The stories were so horrendous that even the Pope had to step in and curtail the TO's murderous behavior and had to threaten them with excommunication.

So, no, I don't think that I will back down on this issue. First, PI made it Danzig, now they've made it part of HRE. What, next they'll make it German in 1.06? Where do you draw the line?

So my accusation of Historical Revisionism stands.

Again, KNOCK IT OFF

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Gdańsk

Troll harder OP.
Told you in the title, its a rant, enter at your own risk. Besides, I'm done, I had to get it off my chest.

They want to make it a part of something, make all of Pommerania a part of the K. of Poland and we'll see how you howl about the unfairness of it.

Troll harder OP.

Indeed. Everyone who didn't visit the Poland threads on the EU III forum ... be warned that this thread could quickly degenerate into a flame war. The clash of Polish nationalism and the respective counter-nationalism is probably worse than two World Wars.

Concerning the matter at hands, I really would like to see dynamic province names. It shouldn't be that difficult to code, so that if Danzig was under the suzerainty of the Polish king, the name would automatically change to Gdańsk accordingly.

Troll harder OP.

In this thread: People take Crusader Kings II as an accurate and influential portrayal of real world history and nationalism.

So, no, I don't think that I will back down on this issue. First, PI made it Danzig, now they've made it part of HRE. What, next they'll make it German in 1.06? Where do you draw the line?

If they do? I won't care. Know why? I assume it's for some sort of balance purpose, and not some secret Swedish-Germanic Illuminati coverup plan.

Indeed. Everyone who didn't visit the Poland threads on the EU III forum ... be warned that this thread could quickly degenerate into a flame war. The clash of Polish nationalism and the respective counter-nationalism is probably worse than two World Wars.

Concerning the matter at hands, I really would like to see dynamic province names. It shouldn't be that difficult to code, so that if Danzig was under the suzerainty of the Polish king, the name would automatically change to Gdańsk accordingly.

If you're the independent ruler, I think you can do just that. I know you can as a duke, I would assume a king as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.