• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MattB73

Private
119 Badges
Aug 7, 2009
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • March of the Eagles
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Iron Cross
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
I've just pre-ordered Warlock from Steam...thought I'd give the demo a go, installed, clicked play and I'm told my graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements and I cannot play this game.

The minimum requirements on steam for graphics is : GeForce GT240 512 Mb or comparable.

I have a Radeon X1950 Crossfire 512MB, ok I know it's old but when I checked the minimum requirements for the game I figured it checked out ok. I can run games like Civ 5, shogun 2 on good enough settings...am I seriousely not going to be able to play this game unless I buy a new graphics card? I'm literally praying I'm wrong somehow and all I need to do is press a button somwhere, been really looking forward to this game and would rather not have to cancel my pre-order.

Any suggestions?

I must admit I hadn't seen safe-mode, but I just tried it and I get the same result...'we are sorry, but your video card does not meet the minimum requirements for the game. Launching the game is not possible. Please upgrade your computer in order to play Warlock - Master of the Arcane'

Gutted...

I'm a beta tester and I run the game in a Intel HD (i5 processor) on my laptop... Which is IMMENSELY worse than your GPU. All settings on low, of course.

Wait for a comment from the devs or try to send them an email.

Cheers

'Worse', performance wise doesn't necessarily matter. Age also matters due to the rendering features supported. The minimum spec GT240 for instance supports shader model 4 but the x1950 only supports 3. I have no idea what features the game may be using, this is just an example reason as to why a powerful older card may be unable to run modern games.

I'm a beta tester and I run the game in a Intel HD (i5 processor) on my laptop... Which is IMMENSELY worse than your GPU. All settings on low, of course.

Cheers
Thx for letting us know. That would be a good idea.

Cheers
ASUS N82J, Intel HD3000(intern), 4 GB RAM, updated graphic drivers, minimal settings
Demo starts to lag after a few turns to unplaybility.

Do you have any idea why? I have a similar issue with Skyrim but using a config tool improves performance (stops playing music). Is it possible that the lag issue is related to RAM (well but 4GB)? Is it possible that the cause is due low VRAM?
................................................................................
Checked my sys again thinking now it has to be VRAM related (VRAM too low and no bios feature to increase).

Sad, it will unfortunately not be possible to play the game on my ASUS.

Last edited:
ASUS N82J, Intel HD3000(intern), 4 GB RAM, updated graphic drivers, minimal settings
Demo starts to lag after a few turns to unplaybility.

Do you have any idea why? I have a similar issue with Skyrim but using a config tool improves performance (stops playing music). Is it possible that the lag issue is related to RAM (well but 4GB)? Is it possible that the cause is due low VRAM?
................................................................................
Checked my sys again thinking now it has to be VRAM related (VRAM too low and no bios feature to increase).

Sad, it will unfortunately not be possible to play the game on my ASUS.
What's your processor? These intern graphic cards rely completely on the processor.

The demo ran just fine for me with a Geforce 9800XT. I have an Intel 2.4 Gb Quad with 4Gb RAM running 32 bit Vista.

I ran into the same thing last week with Team Assault. Min. specs call for a video card with 1Gb memory (mine has 512k), and aside from a slight lag when executing orders, it runs great with everything set to high.

...and they're the greatest single reason why people complain about games they can't run, either. Even games that are relatively graphics-lite often have difficulties on such setups.
EU3, HOI3, DW run fine and fast but the more 3d rendering a game uses the more work a iGPU has to do. It can mean that it is not possible to run a game on mobile processors of a generation then, next generation may work then.

Last edited: