• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cameron set for U-turn on jump jets

Great, the Government's going to U-turn on the one part of defence policy it got right! So we're now going back to the more expensive and less capable fighters that we need more of, while also making our carrier force completely incompatible with all of our major allies (USA, France and the rest of NATO).

How can it magically have become so much more expensive to fit something the carriers were specifically designed for?

Cameron set for U-turn on jump jets

Great, the Government's going to U-turn on the one part of defence policy it got right! So we're now going back to the more expensive and less capable fighters that we need more of, while also making our carrier force completely incompatible with all of our major allies (USA, France and the rest of NATO).

How can it magically have become so much more expensive to fit something the carriers were specifically designed for?

Wait for an official announcement. The papers are terrible for this.

I wonder if they were planning on the same EMALs catapult as the FORD class. From what I've read, the catapults seem to be responsible for a significant part of the already large cost overruns on the FORD.

The guardian has joined in. I can't imagine it's a false alert when newspapers from across the spectrum are making it sound like a certainty. There must be a credible source behind all of this.

To be fair, the same happened last month with most of the papers. I'm inclined to believe it may happen but given their track record, I'll just wait until tomorrow.

I keep hoping its an elaborate bait-and-switch, where by hyping up all the talk of a dramatic U-turn the government can instead say "NOPE we're sticking to our plan" and draw attention away from the Budget and today's Queen's Speech.

Royal Navy Blasts pirate boat
63c834ae6d3d4b4091598b80da32d05d-0x0.jpg
454b91bfcbe2441daa0f5bbdcdb05444-0x0.jpg
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/royal-navy-blasts-suspected-somali-834797