+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Victoria 2 - A House Divided 2.31 patch out!

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    I'm looking at buying Vicky 2 to play multiplayer and I wanted to ask if the patch was out on mac yet?
    Yes.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetach View Post
    Yes.
    Thanks, I just need to wait now and see if it'll be compatible with Mountain Lion ^^
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

where can i suggest some new fixes and functions to the next patch ?

First Lieutenant Vaya con Queso's Avatar
    Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

Is it just me, or are bureaucrats and administrative efficiency way easier to promote now? I've checked all over the map and it seems that there are almost no provinces with less than 75% admin efficiency. Is this a result of the "updated pop promotion scripts" mentioned in the changelog?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Would it be possible to add the "Dismantle Empire" CB for Great Wars, like in PDM?

I recently got A house divided on steam( along with patch 2.31, but now, whenever I try to start Victoria 2 it does not even start. It goes to the little start up screen but when I press play Victoria 2 it just turns off. No error messages or anything. The little square around my steam profile goes from green to blue again. There are no notifications of any kind. Help would be greatly appreciated.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggierjet View Post
    I recently got A house divided on steam( along with patch 2.31, but now, whenever I try to start Victoria 2 it does not even start. It goes to the little start up screen but when I press play Victoria 2 it just turns off. No error messages or anything. The little square around my steam profile goes from green to blue again. There are no notifications of any kind. Help would be greatly appreciated.
    You will get help much more quickly by posting in the tech support forum.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great Britain is still completely useless at defending itself? I had them as an ally fighting a war of their own against France and Russia. Both sides were maybe 500 strong.

France and Russia were occupying Australia and most of the colonies in Africa and South America. GB had only taken small parts of Alaska, but even lost them as Russia sold them to the USA during the war. Nothing was happening in Europe except France blockading GB.

GB had a 250 000 strong armies standing in Ireland, Canada and India with which they did nothing. They also had maybe 100 000 strong army in Indonesia too. Hundreds of ships standing idle on some remote Caribbean islands or closer to the South Pole instead of fighting of those blockades and stopping all those invasions.

Why can't GB do anything? They're completely useless as an ally if they're incapable of launching an invasion. (Of course they will launch a 100 000 strong invasion against you if you're playing as a small nation. But just for themself or you they won't do anything).
    "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, and then throw it in the face of the person who gave you the lemons until they give you the oranges you originally asked for?"
    -Bill McNeal

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm a bit puzzled but it seems there is no mods at all selectable on lists at launcher screen. It's all empty. I have mods in mod folder, with mod01.mod, mod02.mod and so on with mod01 folder, and so on. Not sure what happened here since I installed AHD. Was modding changed between base and AHD?

EDIT: I'm on 2.31 version and I got the game through Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Chief of Staff View Post
    I'm a bit puzzled but it seems there is no mods at all selectable on lists at launcher screen. It's all empty. I have mods in mod folder, with mod01.mod, mod02.mod and so on with mod01 folder, and so on. Not sure what happened here since I installed AHD. Was modding changed between base and AHD?

EDIT: I'm on 2.31 version and I got the game through Steam
    Try moving the game outside the steam folder and see if that works.

I'm trying to patch to 2.31 and it says it cannot find AHD installed when it clearly is. I tried to update with the launcher and that also did not work. Every time I launch the game crashes. I'm playing through steam. Any idea what the problem is?

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I manually downloaded the patch, and it says that it can't find my AHD installation. Any tip to force the patch to recognize my files ?

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k club

Are you playing via Steam? In this case, why don't you just use the update option?

I prefered vicky 2 war system much better , any way to change back as so?

I cant even declare war on switzerland as Sardinia

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k club

you mean declare war without cb? would be possible to mod that but consider that in 1836, there was no "Blitzkrieg" or "Total War" ideology - historically, it is more accurate that way. Victoria just ends when these things started to change in the late 1930s.

I have looked through this thread and tried all of the solutions and yet i still get the same pop-up "Could not find a house divided installed". I have Victoria Gold edition and it's not on steam either so if you could help me it would be great.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by DrMaier View Post
    I just freshly removed and reinstalled vicky II and just downloaded AHD from gamersgate (wanted a fresh start cause I haven't played for ages)
    Checksum SIUX. Fail?
    Had this same problem with the same checksum (SIUX). I loaded the game a second time like calvinhobbeslik suggested and voila, I got the correct checksum.
    "I had rather be first in a village than second at Rome." - Julius Caesar

Victoria 2

I have a Greece turn Byzantine Empire game and a few things popped up after a change:
    - there is a sign Byzantine Empire on European side of Bosphorus and Byzantine Greece on Asian side;
    - as Ottomans are separated - in Asia there are 2 signs - Ottoman Empire and Ottoman Africa, even though there are no african provinces there and there is an additional Ottoman Africa in Libia;
    - Greece had some debts in nationality bank and i got a Greece bancrupty CB;
    - Byzantine armies don't see the rebels, as if they were from another country - Greece.

Is this meant to be so?
    The Fruit

The Ultimate True Knights Story - SlideShow - over 2000 views already - check out the great EU I story you have missed !
    Orleans - The Ultimate Challange of The Time - Orleans got annexed once again ?! NEVER in the newly revealed true history !!
    Krakow - World Conquest - Analytical Approach - one of the only 11 nations that cherish democracy in 1836 shall take over the world soon.

Glitches Causing Game to Crash

My Steam copy of Victoria II: A House Divided is repeatedly breaking down on me. Fo
    some reason I am not permitted by the website to start a thread to deal with this, so I have come here.

When I originally purchased Victoria II it worked perfectly, and continued to be a fantastic experience after ‘A House Divided’ as well. However, some time down the track it started to have develop a visual glitch where the tab wallpapers did not align on the startup panel, but aside from that it still worked fine.

I recently decided to reinstall the game a couple of weeks ago on my new computer, and I have been dealing with serious glitches eve r since, which almost invariably lead to game crashes after a while.

First, the same strange startup panel visual malfunction is in place, but now there are serious game problems too.

At first it is just minor things, such as a units text flickering between Infantry/Artillery/Cavalry, or the tooltip that would pop down if I rested my cursor over a tab would just have a misaligned unreadable text below it.

I verified the integrity of the game cache, and that helped the tooltip text problem, but now something else always happens:

If I play for more than roughly half an hour, when I go to the Technology or build military tabs the whole background will flicker on and off, tabs and icons will flicker and disappear, numbers wont be visible, and so on in a manner that would bring an epileptic to a seizure.

If I click the mouse where a tab should be, a unit still begins to be produced, but if I do it more than twice then the game will crash and a simple “Victoria II has stopped working will come up.

I have done numerous reinstalls, and verifications which always claim to fix the problem, but when I come back there is always one file missing.

What could this problem be? What can I do? If this is the wrong place to post asking for help, where can I go?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast