• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Odd, as I'm viewing these forums, my internet goes out temporarily... was just about to download the patch... oh well go out and run some errands and come back and the internet is working and steam has automatically downloaded and installed the patch without me doing anything??? Convenient but very strange.

I tried with deleted map/cache folders, but always the same issue...
Maybe there's a problem with victoria 2 ahd key on windows register ? If someone can take a printscreen of your own register database =)

Maybe you should register your game before asking about possible issues with your AHD key... Let alone asking people to printscreen their registry, thus allowing you to misuse their key. :rolleyes:

Ah okay I'll register it ;)
and no, I wasn't talking of the Serial Key as you need to register the game (bcause the game is to be registered online, and not on your computer ;) ), but the way of access of the game and patch applied... it's just called the register key in database ;)

Just an information, can I register a game even if it isn't installed on this computer i am using my account shuya4 ? my game is on a laptop on i don't have internet acces with ..

Last edited:
i asked this in another thread but perhaps it's more appropriate here...

how does patching work with deliver2mac versions of paradox games? will it automatically update when a mac patch is released - DO mac patches get released?

does your error.log file (check documents/paradox interactive/victoria II/logs) say anything about missing files? or some more details at the end? open a thread in tech support and attach the log if you can
i am having this same problem and have had a ticket opened for 2 days. i havent even been able to play the game yet, bought it 2 days ago off steam 40 bucks someone please help

For next patch please focus on UK (and naval AI in general) AI and the issue of countries annexing german minors after Repay Debt CB, and make NGF more agressive towards Austria. IMO the financial and POP management side of the game is already very good, only AI issues remain.

Last edited:
I just started a new game as Russia after installing patch 2.31 for AHD. I noticed that now there is no shortage of craftsmen anymore, but the problem is that now there are far too many craftsmen appearing by 1870's, more than you can ever need.

Hello

I seem to have a problem with the 2.31 patch. I've installed it without any problems, I've deleted the map/cache folders but when I try to run the game as soon as it is about to build the map I get this error

V2-problem.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance

I just started a new game as Russia after installing patch 2.31 for AHD. I noticed that now there is no shortage of craftsmen anymore, but the problem is that now there are far too many craftsmen appearing by 1870's, more than you can ever need.

I have this problem, caused by RGO pops refusing to work RGOs then due to unemployment rapidly converting to craftsmen. This can cause major revolt problems since half a million unemployed pops form a couple brigades.

Can someone tell me if this is WAD, or normal? I must be out of the loop or something, cause this seems just blatantly obvious, and I haven't seen any post about it.

Say I play a game, doesn't matter the country, then I resign and go back to the main menu, my patch key will say NWZA instead of OWZA. If I go back into steam and verify integrity, it acts like everything is fine (doesn't say anything about any files failing to validate), but then windows C++ 2005 redistributable will reinstall itself... the game acts like its the first time playing it again, and then it goes back to OWZA.

If I just quit instead of resigning then it doesn't happen...

Can someone tell me if this is WAD, or normal? I must be out of the loop or something, cause this seems just blatantly obvious, and I haven't seen any post about it.

Say I play a game, doesn't matter the country, then I resign and go back to the main menu, my patch key will say NWZA instead of OWZA. If I go back into steam and verify integrity, it acts like everything is fine (doesn't say anything about any files failing to validate), but then windows C++ 2005 redistributable will reinstall itself... the game acts like its the first time playing it again, and then it goes back to OWZA.

If I just quit instead of resigning then it doesn't happen...

The checksum changing after your first game session, yes, this is normal, but not WAD.
The C++ redistributable, I guess, only for Steam (I use Gamersgate/Impulse).