• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Guys, can you help me about steam. I just dont see last path there. Or is the reason for this is my location (russia)?

Edit: I uderstood now, it dowloaded without my attention.

Last edited:
That's weird, I tried downloading and running the manual patch, but I just get an error popup, "Could not find a house divided installed". I did a clean 2.1 install to confirm, and it's still there.

Try the game and see if it works.

I mean the game launches, but that's not the point, right? If I don't have the right checksum there is some file difference somewhere. I may just reinstall.

EDIT: Reinstall fixed it. After the 1.4GB download, I now have the correct checksum.

Last edited:
I just played Chile, was rank 14 around 1900 - and suffered from a FISH shortage that drove up my pop militancy. Fish was in high demand on the world marked since the 1890th, but I didn't think that it would become that scare...
Seems like the fishing vassal nerf screwed up the late game fish supply. >_>

It's nice that the steam update came through so quickly and once the patch was applied automatically by steam it played perfect. However, I did a complete reinstall of the game and now the game consistently crashes on 'initializing map logic'. When I alt tab I get to view the error message that can be seen in the image below. I've tried reinstalling again, clearing the victoria folder in my documents, deleting all traces of victoria in the steamapps folder and uninstalling/reinstalling visual c++ but the same issue remains. I've tried multiple reinstalls. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Perhaps it's worth noting that I've been using the beta patch with no problems at all. Also, the steam update to 2.31 worked fine at first before I did a complete reinstall.

Error message:

0zqko.png

Having the same issue.

Is it really necessary to delete and reinstal and get right checksum for the upgraded game to operate properly? Or can you just get the patch from steam, play and
still have the updates?

Is it really necessary to delete and reinstal and get right checksum for the upgraded game to operate properly? Or can you just get the patch from steam, play and
still have the updates?

If you play single player, checksum is more or less irrelevant; it's only when playing MP that you need to worry about it, and as long as both people have the same one, you're fine.

Provinces Bekescaba and Debrecen were moved from Alfold to Central Hungary and lost ROM cores

In my game version, they still are Romanian cores...also, is it possible to change the political map's state boundaries to reflect this change? I still see the old boundaries of the 3 changed states:
v2_96.jpg

Is it because I started this game with the beta and switched mid game to the official patch?